Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about guild wars

xephedrinexephedrine Member Posts: 62

i don't know anything about this game either than its nice graphics. I keep hearing its "not really a mmorpg"

What makes it not a mmorpg?

by the way whats the pvp and tradeskill system like in this game? and population?

Comments

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

It's not an mmorpg because the developers said it isn't...

It' is entirely instanced... so now persistant world. Lots of people play but you won't see all that many at once... because it's instanced... good because their is no lag...

their is no tradeskill system.

This game is more like Diablo 2 then it is any mmorpg. Not a bad thing... just how it is.

• lifeplayerlifeplayer Member UncommonPosts: 6
    What bent says is true, Guild wars is completly instanced, making it more like a single player game which has some online capabilties, i.e outside the towns you will never really be with more then 7 other human players (similar to diablo 2 as bent pointed out). the closest thing to mmorpg in this game is its pvp which allows for more players fighting in an area at one time.
  • SilveraSilvera Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Bent

It's not an mmorpg because the developers said it isn't...
    It' is entirely instanced... so now persistant world. Lots of people play but you won't see all that many at once... because it's instanced... good because their is no lag...
    their is no tradeskill system.
    This game is more like Diablo 2 then it is any mmorpg. Not a bad thing... just how it is.

That's all and yes it has cool graphics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is something that you can't ignore,a simple thing worth fighting for...

Silvera Elenin [ The Blue Flames ] - Guild Wars
    Silvera [ Miracle Knights ] - World of Warcraft