Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do i play a stealth character in dragon age origens?

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I started playing DA origins again and decided to play a rouge that's sneaky and sets traps, disarms, and scouts out areas. But the problem I have is how am I supposed to keep my other party members from charging in?

I've ran into 2 instances early in the game. One in the jungle where there were traps. Soon as I detected um the other party members ran ahead after the mobs and got caught in um. I ended up wiping there twice. Same thing happened when I enterd the tower to light the beacon at the top.

Any tips on how to control my party so I can disarm traps and scout areas ahead of time, so maybe I can position them if I need to?

I havn't actually tried the trap making part of the game yet, but I bet that will be harder to manage if alistar, my tank, keeps pulling him in the wrong direction.... I can already see the problem there to heh.

Comments

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

oh forgot to mention, im playing it on the PS3.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I didn't remember either right away though I've played a rogue. But I looked it up: you need to make your party members "hold position" in the radial menu.

Some other tips: build your rogue for haste + lots of critical hit and use daggers. Many people find rogues weak, but once you get mage haste (or double haste even) + quick salve and two good daggers on them, they can really pwn everything in seconds.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I didn't remember either right away though I've played a rogue. But I looked it up: you need to make your party members "hold position" in the radial menu.

Some other tips: build your rogue for haste + lots of critical hit and use daggers. Many people find rogues weak, but once you get mage haste (or double haste even) + quick salve and two good daggers on them, they can really pwn everything in seconds.

Yep, Hold Position is your friend. And not just when playing a rogue either.

Sometimes you'll want to take control of Leliana or Zevran to go disarm (or set up) a few traps while your Warden's a different class. Or you want to use your mage to go pull enemies by unleashing a firestorm inside a room before dashing back to go hide behind your tougher party members (and maybe even a line of traps image)

Either way, enjoy DA:O! Definitely the best Dragon Age game there is! We'll have to see if Inquisition can give it a run for its money or not. (one hell of a challenge :P)

And yep! A properly built rogue can be a beast. I think mine was a duelist/assassin build.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I played DA:O quite a bit and ended up beating it as a dual wielding Rogue. My favorite class in the game. 

You should at least try DA2 when you're done. Not the same game but still good enough to try out in preparation for DA:Inquistion ;) (DA2 you have to buy it through Origins though as it is no longer available through steam)

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

And yep! A properly built rogue can be a beast. I think mine was a duelist/assassin build.

Same here.

Dual wield rogues really begun to shine in the "Awakening" expansion though, because there were more items available to them and runes to put haste and crit dmg on weapons.

You can only go to about 50% haste in the vanilla game and the expansion because of a bug: weapons gain negative haste when you go over that value. There's a mod out there for PC that fixes it though. You can do some really crazy OP things then.

My duelwield rogue pwned the Dragon at the end of the Morrigan DLC thingy by herself in like 10 seconds on Nightmare difficulty. With that mod activated.

I never quite managed to make archers work in Origins, though some people have managed to make them good too. In DA2 archers can again destroy everything though, probably my favourite class in that game.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I literally just bought DAO on Steam the other day, and rolled a Rogue.