Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it be so bad if someone made another Skyrim?

2»

Comments

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

Just questioning if there will be a next TES is in my book silly.

Also, if someone else made any great product of anything, that would be great for us all! I don't see no downside to it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

There was kickstarter for game similar to TES. Very open and quite impressive. Although the graphic not quite so.

And I think it was funded. So we will see it sometime in future.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Dragon Age and Witcher 3 looks like they will be even bigger than skyrim so you might want to check those out.  Have you ever tried a game called Dragons Dogma?

I think both those games will do better with characterization and story telling where the Elder Scrolls games seem to suffer in that regard.

Don't forget that TW3 will have a vast open world to explore, it's totally open nowhere is out of bounds. From the highest mountain to the depths of the ocean its all explorabl.

Keep in mind there are three "sections" of the world. Three large maps.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    It was the best game ever.  I bought the previous Oblivion and couldn't get into it.  Fighting demons thingy got repetitive and Oblivion's NPC's were annoying.  But Skyrim with expansions was the variety tickler I needed.  So they made an MMO next and I'm not going to debate if that was a win or fail.  I just want another single player Elder Scrolls.  Is that to much to ask?

Seeing how Skyrim was part FIVE I am pretty sure there will be another Elder Scrolls game for you to lock yourself away and shun society with.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by PioneerStew

As much as I enjoyed Skyrim I preferred fallout 3; so I am quite happy that Fallout 4 is their current project.  

I cant stand fallout 3. Fallout NV is what fallout 3 should be.

I love fallout 1 and 2. The greatest RPG ever!
  • MartinAolMartinAol Member Posts: 11
    As much as I enjoyed Skyrim I preferred fallout 3; so I am quite happy that Fallout 4 is their current project.  

Same here. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by yaminsux

I cant stand fallout 3. Fallout NV is what fallout 3 should be. I love fallout 1 and 2. The greatest RPG ever!

that is good to know because I didnt like Fallout 3 either, I never tried Fallout NV. I might have to give that one a shot.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'm the opposite. I've purchased Fallout 3 twice; first time on disk and afterwards (after I lost the disk) on steam.

I've yet to finish the first quests in megaton (?). Yet I've just hit 1050 hours in skyrim. I think there's a disconnect with me with that game.

Maybe I'll try again this week.

@OP: Bethesda will be making another elder scrolls game so just be patient.

I don't know what it was about the start of Fallout 3, but I couldn't seem to get going either.  It did not help that the game would crash on a regular basis until I figured out the config files.  Something kept pulling me back though.

I made it about 14 hrs into fallout 3 before quitting because it was boring yet I loved one and two.  I've done quite a bit better with skyrim.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Meh Fallout.  People kept recommending that I would like the Fallout series, so I ended up with NV because that's what the used game store had.  I didn't like it enough to even get out of the starting town.  Seriously where the heck did that 50s cowboy crap come from as a world design choice?  Bleh.  The outdoors was so gray it was hard to see any items or monsters against the background - no contrast.  The options for what was craftable were rater WTF too.  And the game seemed slanted against people who prefer melee to guns.  From everything I've heard there must be some really good game in there somewhere, but I just couldn't wade through the many off-putting elements to get there.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Originally posted by sunandshadow
    Meh Fallout.  People kept recommending that I would like the Fallout series, so I ended up with NV because that's what the used game store had.  I didn't like it enough to even get out of the starting town.  Seriously where the heck did that 50s cowboy crap come from as a world design choice?  Bleh.  The outdoors was so gray it was hard to see any items or monsters against the background - no contrast.  The options for what was craftable were rater WTF too.  And the game seemed slanted against people who prefer melee to guns.  From everything I've heard there must be some really good game in there somewhere, but I just couldn't wade through the many off-putting elements to get there.

New Vegas is one of the best RPGs of the last  decade in my opinion . It is a little slow to get started though Once you get to New Vegas the game really opens up a lot. It has some of the most interesting factions in any RPG ever. The "50s cowboy crap" is largely tied into the game's sense of humor and you come to appreciate it as the main story is very bleak and without that it'd probably be a little too grim (you are playing in a post-apocalyptic wasteland after all)  so the odd bit of comic relief or times when game doesn't take itself 100% seriously is good. It is also part of the satirical nature of the game (50s were considered America's golden age by many people so you have pastiches of that time period scattered through a world where America has literally destroyed itself). Same reason you have a gang that literally worships Elvis even though they hardly even know who he was. 

I don't know about melee. I played a sniper-dude which was really fun.

I'd say you should give it another chance and get to New Vegas and meet Benny at least before you give up on it. Then again, it might just not be your thing but it's a great game.