Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO worth buying & subscribing?

I played beta, too my chance and bought the game & subscribed. Do,I have any regrets about my actions? My only answer to that is "No". I am noticing, as the games advances through the months and beyond. It is getting better they removed a vast amounts of lag, connection, and in-game bug issues. When the game was first released. With all this it makes the game so much more enjoyable especially with the new added contents. Is it worth going out and getting? I would say yes. This is a perfect time for anyone thinking of playing ESO, to join. It's still new and a lot of people in starting zones to enjoy adventuring with. The game is very fun in PvE and they improved on any PvP issues they had before which is great! They're still making great progress and it gets better.

Comments

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Yup. That is why I say you should only buy an MMO in its first 3 months if you don't mind beta-testing at launch.

ESO is in a much better place now than it was at launch. 

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    i personally repaid the game a visit after the rocky start. I must say i am shocked at what they have done, i liked the game before but now its running smoother and has improved a lot.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

The most annoying things since beta have been fixed, like the endless bot spamming in chat and mail and most of the annoying bugs. There will always be bugs, but the game feels much more polished finally :-) lol. Also, the combat itself feels better, more impactful, and I actually enjoy it more than the combat in Skyrim as there is no pausing and its a healthy balance between tab targeting and action..and you don't have that mindless never ending stare at the red circles instead of the action around you like in Wildstar.  The dye system was a neat little addition recently that is tied to achievements :-).

So yes, I am once again addicted, it is worth a sub if you like this kinda game. HOWEVER, if you really want a more complete game as they slowly inch closer to the single player experience, then you might want to wait just a bit longer for them to introduce the Justice System and the revamping of the Veteran Zones to include the constellation choices with passives as you progress. Do I think you should, no, because there is no timeline for any of that other than it is their near term focus. Housing is on the way eventually too. 

There are still things I wish they would improve, like making the world feel more dynamic such as making anchors feel more impactful and less generic, but at least for the dungeons that felt like copy and paste of each other they are working to diversify them..and have already done so in ColdHarbour. 

To me this is the best PVE themepark game available. Haven't dived into PVP much so can't comment on that.

There Is Always Hope!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Vorch

Yup. That is why I say you should only buy an MMO in its first 3 months if you don't mind beta-testing at launch.

ESO is in a much better place now than it was at launch. 

Which is the case with almost any MMORPG yet people seem to ignore the past allot around these forums. So you absolutely right about that 3 month period as a minimum. For some people it might even be better to wait 6 months after release. And of course for some it doesn't matter as they never will change their minds even regardless if things became better or fixed.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I came here thinking this was a question, and all ready to say "Yes, it is." but it seems that won't be necessary.

So... carry on! :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

It should have read "Eso is worth buying & subscribing."

Maybe the grammar is like this new pronunciation the youngsters use when they finish every sentence with an rising inflection? Which makes statements sound like a question. :)

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

It is definitely worth paying a sub for.... if you pvp! The pvp in this game is utterly amazingly awesome, it really is DaoC II with endless battles and warfare.

The PvE endgame is lackluster to say the least. You have a few dungeons and speed dps raids with no good loot rewards.

Personally I love that the best gear in the game is player crafted and there is almost no gear race except for some obscure sets (which then need to be upgraded by crafters) but some don't like it.

So if you are a WoW style pve raider gamer then there is nothing for you in this game. If you love big battle open pvp with battle objectives and warfronts then this is the game for you.

And thank gods there are not battle ground arenas!

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

I would agree that the PvE is very lackluster. SWTOR is a way better theme park . Regarding PvE, it's a meh game. Either that or I've played so many MMOs that they're all "meh" to me now.

Now I can't at all comment on the PvP. If it's true that PvP is like DAOC then for now I'll keep playing, and since I just hit level 10 I'll take a peek.

And , yes, I've played so many MMOs that by level 10 I have a general feel for the overall game.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274

its an outstanding game and is only getting better. The graphics are incredible. They are fixing the VR grind and are adding more awards along the way which should help even more. I have a great time in pvp, best pvp since DAOC, and frankly in many ways its better; people complain about class balance but DAoC had that and more because of the different classes in different realms which caused a realm imbalance in addition to a class imbalance.

I am very pleased with the game and will be here a long time. Cant wait until the Imperial City PvP dungeon releases, Darkness Falls is my favorite dungeon ever and this looks better.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Eol-

its an outstanding game and is only getting better. The graphics are incredible. They are fixing the VR grind and are adding more awards along the way which should help even more. I have a great time in pvp, best pvp since DAOC, and frankly in many ways its better; people complain about class balance but DAoC had that and more because of the different classes in different realms which caused a realm imbalance in addition to a class imbalance.

There will always be perceived class and/or ability imbalance in PVP in all MMOs...it is what it is.

The only way to avoid it is to have a no class system where everyone can use whatever is currently better... And then the bitching will be about how everyone uses the same build  image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I have played since beta.

To answer the op's question.

if you are just going to pve...i think the pve is ok.

If you are interested in the AvA....stay away.ESO does not have a grasp on how to solve its massive lag...disconnect....severe weapon swapping problems in pvp. NOT A CLUE.

(today i was disconnected 4x in 30 minutes of ava and my weapons disappeared 1x making the game unplayable until I re-logged.)

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Been playing MMOs since SWG (my first) and so far I am enjoying the game.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I learned a good lesson with ESO don't buy and sub.

buy first and play a month then decide.

I bought and subscribed for 3 moths and only played a view weeks so thanks for steeling my money ESO.

or I was dumb enough just to hand it over cause I thought the game was going to bee better than skyrim with multiplayer.

• Originally posted by handlewithcare

I learned a good lesson with ESO don't buy and sub.

buy first and play a month then decide.

I bought and subscribed for 3 moths and only played a view weeks so thanks for steeling my money ESO.

or I was dumb enough just to hand it over cause I thought the game was going to bee better than skyrim with multiplayer.

ESO did not "steel" your money, its your own fault for not doing some damn research on the game first. And then, subbing to game you dont even like for 3 months....really?

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

Hello Humper, 

You ask : Is the game worth buying and subscribing currently.

The answer is yes

A mod can close this topic now, I have replied, you welcome