Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BAM - Big A$$ Monsters - TERA - Why am I only playing now?

WockyCCWockyCC Member UncommonPosts: 26

I encounter my first BAM in TERA - it's awesome!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWL0fQkQ6U

twitter @WockyCC | you-tube: WockyCC

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

You should have seen them when you couldn't solo them. ...well couldn't solo them easily. They were my favorite part of lvling back in the day when small groups would form to finish the quest. Now most of them are soloable depending on the class you play and how good you are at getting out of the way.

Still the bams in the dungeons are fun to do. It's where the combat system in tera really shines.

• BreshaBresha Member Posts: 65
    Nice Tera ad.
  • steusssteuss Member UncommonPosts: 130
    best part was the warrior that started soloing the bam in the background at the end. Looked like a more interesting fight.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Game had potential.  It sure did.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Hey, I remember that Basilisk.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MurmelixMurmelix Member UncommonPosts: 53

Maybe i should install it again :o

But the BAM's got harder when you got more levels

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24

The game has one of the best combat system I have ever played.   The game (Korean Version)before the update with Tier 12 or higher was prob one of the best/hardest game experience. This is a video I took like from late 2011 or early 2012.  Here is a BAM video of myself.  The BAM is higher level than the cap.  This mean my damage was crap and crit was crap.  That is why it took 10 minutes.  Also at this time this dragon was a bit hard for even a few people.  I almost died a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyCesCR2I0

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Was cool at first, but the whole memorize the telegraphs and order it would attack in and simply dodge got old. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    BAMs were cool when the game came out. The more you kill them the more you realize they are as dumb as the weaker mobs. They just hit harder. A friend of mine always claimed BAMS were the most intelligent AI in mmos to date.... You can eaasily tell that is a fat lie, even tis video shows it. When they aim to one direction you just move out of the way and they keep charging away even though you are not there anymore. Really dumb AI too. Even mobs suffer from annoyingly long animation locks in this game. sigh...

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Was cool at first, but the whole memorize the telegraphs and order it would attack in and simply dodge got old. 

What game doesn't have that? Name one - there aren't any at all. Even the most complicated have patterns if one takes the time to discern them.

I just found the quest hub - kill 10 X come back to be dated and so grindy.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by botrytis

What game doesn't have that? Name one - there aren't any at all. Even the most complicated have patterns if one takes the time to discern them.

Even humans have patterns! And are often limited to abilities not on cooldown!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by DamonVile

You should have seen them when you couldn't solo them. ...well couldn't solo them easily. They were my favorite part of lvling back in the day when small groups would form to finish the quest. Now most of them are soloable depending on the class you play and how good you are at getting out of the way.

Still the bams in the dungeons are fun to do. It's where the combat system in tera really shines.

care to tell me when it was the case? in beta I killed bams alone to do the quests only problem I had was with people trying to be a leet pvper and trying to gank me, I did know some people make parts to spoils the pks who tried to kill people doing bams, but bams ever being hard? not the case

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by botrytis

So then you agree....your only argument is other game do it too. So then what exactly is your point here?

Do I need a disclaimer stating "Even though this is a thread about Tera, the same could apply to several other games. This criticism is not meant to be taken as a slight against Tera or anyone who enjoys it."

Seriously, some people.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!