Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate Edition for Ps4

CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
So I picked up the game today before work and gave it 2 hours of game play, and I must say that D3 is a much better game with the controller than mouse and keyboard point clicking action combat. I mean it's a lot better. The dodge roll is very nice too. Also as a side note its funny how on such a big resolution you can see how crisp the game looks, but that also works against it. The graphics are kinda dated..... But yeah the game is a blast to play!

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yeah i refused to get it on pc because its point and click only. Im definitelly getting it now on PS4. But i dont know.... $60 seems a bit steep for two year old game. $40-50 would be more reasonable for this edition that has the dlc with it. But im definitelly getting it on console.

EDIT: ill wait a little bit, maybe PS+ users get a discount or something later on.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Carnicide is a hipster who loves anything blizzard makes. I also hear he's a bronie.
  • CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Don't listen to Beastn, I have more stars than him, therefore my opinion holds more weight.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Beastn
    Carnicide is a hipster who loves anything blizzard makes. I also hear he's a bronie.

He may be a bronie, but considering that D3 sold like...... ummmmm, what? 15 million copies? I think he's hardly what you'd consider a hipster. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    So I picked up the game today before work and gave it 2 hours of game play, and I must say that D3 is a much better game with the controller than mouse and keyboard point clicking action combat. I mean it's a lot better. The dodge roll is very nice too. Also as a side note its funny how on such a big resolution you can see how crisp the game looks, but that also works against it. The graphics are kinda dated..... But yeah the game is a blast to play!

You are joking, right? You may like the game pad controls. After all personal tastes are personal tastes. 

Just don't tell us that a controller is better than mouse and keyboard in a game like diablo. Because this is not the case. 

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by Shodanas
    Originally posted by Carnicide

You are joking, right? You may like the game pad controls. After all personal tastes are personal tastes. 

Just don't tell us that a controller is better than mouse and keyboard in a game like diablo. Because this is not the case. 

True it is my taste not saying its better for every person or the genre in fact. Just my personal preference.

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I've been curious about this.  Been wanting to buy a PS4, but find very little in the way of split-screen co-op titles.  Obviously D3 is one of the few.  I already have a PS3.  So my question is, are the graphics any better at all on the PS4 than the PS3 regarding this title?
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    I've been curious about this.  Been wanting to buy a PS4, but find very little in the way of split-screen co-op titles.  Obviously D3 is one of the few.  I already have a PS3.  So my question is, are the graphics any better at all on the PS4 than the PS3 regarding this title?

I bit the bullet and bought the PS4 this weekend over the XBOX One.

Never owned the PS3, but the fact that Blizzard will be able to update the game on PS4 and XB One, With game updates like on PC, but not for the PS3/XBox360.... is reason enough to pick up the game on PS4 and not PS3.

The new update that is incoming looks fantastic, but it will only be deployed to PC, PS4 and XB One.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I too was surprised how well the game played with a controller. At this point I prefer the controller over the keyboard/mouse.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I was bored waiting for Destiny to come out, and thought I'd get UEE to kill some time, because I heard a lot of good things about RoS, and only played vanilla on my PC. It was really worth it. I enjoy the game a lot more with controller, and I love how there is no AH and no need to be connected to the internet to play. Game runs smooth as hell too and looks great on my PS4.

• Originally posted by Shodanas
    Originally posted by Carnicide So I picked up the game today before work and gave it 2 hours of game play, and I must say that D3 is a much better game with the controller than mouse and keyboard point clicking action combat. I mean it's a lot better. The dodge roll is very nice too. Also as a side note its funny how on such a big resolution you can see how crisp the game looks, but that also works against it. The graphics are kinda dated..... But yeah the game is a blast to play!

No he is not. Diablo 3 is way better on console than pc. I got D3 on both of them. And Diablo 3 with game pad is way way better. It is like common sense since ps3 release. Every person who played the game on both ps and pc will tell you the same thing.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Everything is a matter of personal preference.  My neighbor played D2 and hates D3 on the controller.  He said the games doesn't feel or play like it should.  Everyone has an opinion and preference, but the worst thing for him is he is out $60 for a game he doesn't to play because of the controller.