Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would it be so bad if someone made another Skyrim?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
It was the best game ever.  I bought the previous Oblivion and couldn't get into it.  Fighting demons thingy got repetitive and Oblivion's NPC's were annoying.  But Skyrim with expansions was the variety tickler I needed.  So they made an MMO next and I'm not going to debate if that was a win or fail.  I just want another single player Elder Scrolls.  Is that to much to ask?

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

There will be another but you'll just have to wait. The dev team that makes them only works on Fallout and Elder Scrolls game, and only one game at a time. Right now they are working on Fallout 4 which is still a couple of years away, once that's done they'll move on to TES6. So probably another 4-6 years before it sees light of day.

The people who made the MMO are not the same people who make the single player games btw.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    As much as I enjoyed Skyrim I preferred fallout 3; so I am quite happy that Fallout 4 is their current project.  
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

They already have. It is in bits and pieces over at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/?, ready for you to choose which pieces you'd like to incorporate. If you play on a console, those will not work, though.

There are mods that improve graphics, change perks and skills, add classes, add NPCs and Quests, change basic gameplay, new models and hair, and all sorts of things players wanted in their games but Bethesda left out.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by PioneerStew
    As much as I enjoyed Skyrim I preferred fallout 3; so I am quite happy that Fallout 4 is their current project.  

Same here. 

I would not have objected to something like The Secret World though.  Modern, urban setting, multiple magic factions, plans for world domination, potential world destruction, etc.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Dragon Age Inquisition sounds a bit skyrim-like to me.

I still enjoy Skyrim now modded and i have NEVER completed the main storyline which is pretty impressive for a game having sunk hundreds of hours into it on new characters. It should easily last until the new one comes out.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

After Fallout 4 launches you (and we) can safely expect the next TES VI.

I beat Skyrim and loved every bit of it, but i havent purchased the 2 expansion DLCs (Dawnguard and Dragonborn) so once i get those bad boys i will have so much stuff to do for a while. I beat Skyrim with over 100 mods lol.... cant wait to do another run with the two dlcs and another bunch of mods. I find it hard to justify ESO subscription with so little content compared to Skyrim.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    There are games with similar gameplay to Skyrim.  Have you looked at Witcher, Risen, and Kingdoms of Amalur?  All of those offer decent single-player RPG experiences.  
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Dragon Age and Witcher 3 looks like they will be even bigger than skyrim so you might want to check those out.  Have you ever tried a game called Dragons Dogma?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Same here. 

I would not have objected to something like The Secret World though.  Modern, urban setting, multiple magic factions, plans for world domination, potential world destruction, etc.

I'm the opposite. I've purchased Fallout 3 twice; first time on disk and afterwards (after I lost the disk) on steam.

I've yet to finish the first quests in megaton (?). Yet I've just hit 1050 hours in skyrim. I think there's a disconnect with me with that game.

Maybe I'll try again this week.

@OP: Bethesda will be making another elder scrolls game so just be patient.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Dragon Age and Witcher 3 looks like they will be even bigger than skyrim so you might want to check those out.  Have you ever tried a game called Dragons Dogma?

I think both those games will do better with characterization and story telling where the Elder Scrolls games seem to suffer in that regard.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Only if its an online MMO....;)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Until then it will be a potentially epic game called The Witcher 3.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I think both those games will do better with characterization and story telling where the Elder Scrolls games seem to suffer in that regard.

Don't forget that TW3 will have a vast open world to explore, it's totally open nowhere is out of bounds. From the highest mountain to the depths of the ocean its all explorabl.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

And combat, yep combat

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

A game similar to Skyrim? With the same mechanics, size and freedom of play? Shut up and take my money!

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• perran7691perran7691 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    If there were a Skyrim like game with multiplayer (say 2 to 8 players) I'd be tossing my hard earned $$ at the creator. Especially if said game allowed mods. Imagine the endless possibilities.
    Originally posted by Inf666

A game similar to Skyrim? With the same mechanics, size and freedom of play? Shut up and take my money!

If you don't mind playing older rpg then you should give Gothic 2 a look.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39510/

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I really liked Skyrim's gameplay, but I'm not into that crime, undead, and amoral gods high fantasy setting.  I'd love to play a clone of Skyrim if the world and story were overhauled to be more cheerful, romantic, and some flavor of fantasy that wasn't high fantasy.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

They already have. It is in bits and pieces over at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/?, ready for you to choose which pieces you'd like to incorporate. If you play on a console, those will not work, though.

There are mods that improve graphics, change perks and skills, add classes, add NPCs and Quests, change basic gameplay, new models and hair, and all sorts of things players wanted in their games but Bethesda left out.

The reason I play on console is I refuse to kiss Steam's ass.  I'm old enough to remember the concept of Freedom in the United States and that monopolies are suppose to be illegal.

Thanks for the info AIBQuirky and everyone else.  All good to know.  I'm not pissed at you *smiles and hugs*.  Okay, just smiles, hugs would probably creep the shit out of most of you.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Cougan

Dragon Age Inquisition sounds a bit skyrim-like to me.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

The reason I play on console is I refuse to kiss Steam's ass.  I'm old enough to remember the concept of Freedom in the United States and that monopolies are suppose to be illegal.

Thanks for the info AIBQuirky and everyone else.  All good to know.  I'm not pissed at you *smiles and hugs*.  Okay, just smiles, hugs would probably creep the shit out of most of you.

well I feel sorry for you that you are missing out on PC gaming.

Having said that let me points out a few things.

1. regardless of what anyone thinks of Steam it has increased diversity in gaming by providing a cheap distrubution platform. Many of the games I play personally would not exist otherwise.

2. I find it sad how the PC is not considered a gaming device. If it was then its clear to show, that there are three major distrubutors in the world. Microsoft, Sony and Steam

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I liked Skyrim better but I'm also happy they're working on that first, some variation is good.

I'm also sure there will be more traditional Elder Scrolls games to come. ESO is not for everyone who likes the singleplayers and those singleplayers have usually been massive success stories.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Same here. 

I'm the opposite. I've purchased Fallout 3 twice; first time on disk and afterwards (after I lost the disk) on steam.

I've yet to finish the first quests in megaton (?). Yet I've just hit 1050 hours in skyrim. I think there's a disconnect with me with that game.

Maybe I'll try again this week.

@OP: Bethesda will be making another elder scrolls game so just be patient.

I don't know what it was about the start of Fallout 3, but I couldn't seem to get going either.  It did not help that the game would crash on a regular basis until I figured out the config files.  Something kept pulling me back though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I'd like to tune those who don't know about it yet onto the Enderal project, which is a total conversion mod for skyrim that will come down the line 'eventually': http://sureai.net/projects/enderal/?lang=en

I loved Skyrim and probably have wasted far too much time in it. (though my MMOs still take up most of my time) What I hope for is the modding market/community we see today with Skyrim to grow with Fallout 4. It was still a little small when Oblivion, and Fallout 3/NV released and I'm hoping it'll grow even larger!

Plus I secretly hope that Fallout 4 has a strong enough base engine to it, that some ambitious group will create a Sci-fi space based total conversion mod for it! :D

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    It was the best game ever.  I bought the previous Oblivion and couldn't get into it.  Fighting demons thingy got repetitive and Oblivion's NPC's were annoying.  But Skyrim with expansions was the variety tickler I needed.  So they made an MMO next and I'm not going to debate if that was a win or fail.  I just want another single player Elder Scrolls.  Is that to much to ask?

There is no  reason to believe next version of TES single player game would not be made. As long as they make so much money you can almost take it for granted.