Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First patch after release.

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
So i guess Red5 is serious about their game. Truely a amazing patch that fixes close to 80 or 90% of complaints players had and its a big one. Nice to see they are listening to the playerbase.

Comments

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

No...not really.

-Crafting under .9 was still far better.

-The nerf to cooldown mods was too high

-still not enough dynamic events (checked last night)

-Still crappy jet packs

-Drove around NE last night  and the world still seemed dead. 

-Not enough incentive to make me want to play much again (loved .8 and .9 was okay)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I would be interested to hear what you have experienced of this patch in terms of added or improved features, all I (and many others) have experienced so far (my max frame is lvl 24) is a lot of bugged out missions and a nerf to thumping.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I must be lucky i'm lvl 26 and have not run into any bugs yet. I'm not using steam to play the game either. Playing around the drudge area and only thing i've noticed is some lag there. But other than that i have had no issues playing. I keep hearing players are having alot of buggy missions. As far as thumping goes was with a squad last night and we had a blast.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Hariken
    I must be lucky i'm lvl 26 and have not run into any bugs yet. I'm not using steam to play the game either. Playing around the drudge area and only thing i've noticed is some lag there. But other than that i have had no issues playing. I keep hearing players are having alot of buggy missions. As far as thumping goes was with a squad last night and we had a blast.

You get a squad of 5 and start thumping, good times ahead.

Anyways, the game is definitely fun when you have a crew with the same goals and same missions.

We killed closed to 2 hours of squad thumping alone, we didn't have a high ore rate in the area (close to 12 to 20%), but we sure did kill a lot of critters, racked in some serious xp was a plus and different classes performing their duties for the squad made the fight fun.

It seems to be a very niche game, but interesting to say the least. Everyone has been pretty decent in global chat and in grouping up, but you always have that one that has to spam chit.

Also R5 has implemented a voice speak in this game which is excellent, good for those that have a mic.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

I've returned to it, and find it fun as well. Some playtimes seem very sparse population wise, but I believe with how much turmoil the company went thru in the beginning has to do with that.

Overall I feel it's a very good direction they are going now, and maybe they could relax the crystal drop some...it's kinda tight on ya even with quest rewards.

I didn't experience anything with the quests that were super bugged out, except one time a kill count critter was in the terrain, but aoe cleared it, and the other was mission would hang during quest update...(which could have easily been lag).

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

80-90% of complaints have been addressed with this patch ? lol...no.

red5 is doing a lot of work on the game, some really good, some not so good. It has a long...long ways to go.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Played in early beta for a few months. Wasn't intending to go back but I decided to give it the benefit of a doubt. I like the streamlining and polish they have done to the UI. 

I am really glad I gave it a 2nd chance b/c its truly a fun game imo. The only complaint I have is some of the material conversion rates for mid to high level crafting seem a bit extensive. Also the bean costs are a bit much should I wish to use the cash shop. I've already received a bunch of free customizations just from some coins I've obtained. Somehow.

• romaguilarmelromaguilarmel Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

You get a squad of 5 and start thumping, good times ahead.

Anyways, the game is definitely fun when you have a crew with the same goals and same missions.

We killed closed to 2 hours of squad thumping alone, we didn't have a high ore rate in the area (close to 12 to 20%), but we sure did kill a lot of critters, racked in some serious xp was a plus and different classes performing their duties for the squad made the fight fun.

It seems to be a very niche game, but interesting to say the least. Everyone has been pretty decent in global chat and in grouping up, but you always have that one that has to spam chit.

Also R5 has implemented a voice speak in this game which is excellent, good for those that have a mic.

sounds like fun!!

• Gelatinous345Gelatinous345 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, prolly considerable as a niche game, though most of my "casual gamer" friends easily got into it. As a shooter, it does have that casual appeal. I do hope we're all in it for the long run.
  • CuddlyOwlBearCuddlyOwlBear Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by BarCrow

Also the bean costs are a bit much should I wish to use the cash shop. 

Yeah. Though you can get free Red beans, they set up a referral program, just need recruits.

• lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by BarCrow

Played in early beta for a few months. Wasn't intending to go back but I decided to give it the benefit of a doubt. I like the streamlining and polish they have done to the UI. 

I am really glad I gave it a 2nd chance b/c its truly a fun game imo. The only complaint I have is some of the material conversion rates for mid to high level crafting seem a bit extensive. Also the bean costs are a bit much should I wish to use the cash shop. I've already received a bunch of free customizations just from some coins I've obtained. Somehow.

This is good, right? I'd assume a pay 2 win game isn't that much of a good thing so, for me at least it isn't.

• EclecticSkyDirtEclecticSkyDirt Member Posts: 14
    So i guess Red5 is serious about their game. Truely a amazing patch that fixes close to 80 or 90% of complaints players had and its a big one. Nice to see they are listening to the playerbase.

Agree. Looks like Red5 is determined to fix the game / deliver it as originally intended. They've been busy with announcements to players in their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Firefall/

• bastibastimaubastibastimau Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by EclecticSkyDirt

Agree. Looks like Red5 is determined to fix the game / deliver it as originally intended. They've been busy with announcements to players in their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Firefall/

read from somewhere that the latest patched screwed things up, how does everybody feel about it?

• Sp33d5t3rNowSp33d5t3rNow Member Posts: 5
    It has? Have not gotten to a point that there are prominent bugs
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I had one job that was buggy but I still finished it. Overall it is a good game and worth my time when i am not playing elite dangerous.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• jjddgguzmanjjddgguzman Member Posts: 16
    have not experienced any game breaking bugs as of late so I guess that's a good thing.
  • GoutSmasherLivesGoutSmasherLives Member Posts: 13

I'd support the games that I play knowing that their developers are greatly pitching in to improve their product. Nevertheless, that's about the developer - for the game itself, the effort put into it really reflects, game-wise. It plays great now that issues have been dealt with from the past year/s.  

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Beyond the great game, I've felt no need to buy one single thing, no need to spend one red (bean) cent.

I want another Battleframe i get the pleasure of working for it, i want a vehicle i get the pleasure of working towards crafting it, this far from any pay to win game.

There seems be no reason to buy a damn thing, as long as like back in the old days of mmo's you don't mind **cough** working for it.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • CarbineMessCarbineMess Member Posts: 4

Agree, Firefall isn't brandishing the standard Pay2Win formula.

As a level 35 Dreadnaught (2nd frame:Engineer), I'm liking how smoothly I login to it and just enjoy blasting targets and leveling-up. I haven't felt the need to panic on purchasing anything.