Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you leave your last MMO poll

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Missing poll,game just got old ,too few players and all top heavy.FFXI

Sadly same reason i left FFXIV well besides i don't much like the structure,however seemed most of the players sped right to end game then all they do is login to grind Avatars,too boring for me.

The ONLY games i left because of Developer/Publisher was ROM "Frogster",EQ2 SOE,Lineage 2 "Ncsoft".

I don't think i will embed myself in another MMORPG unless it is a VERY slow grind through levels.I want levels to mean something more than just a number racing to end game and that is all EVERY game is right now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Still playing Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Hearthstone and ESO (2-3 nights a week) as a single player Skyrim update.

How are those games not grinding for gear? What do you expect from an MMO?

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206

theres no option for me:

- devs dont fixing game and dont add new content as promised (TSW)

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

Kicked out...because the game closed.

I came to the point where I wanted to "settle down" with City of Heroes long term...and what does CoH do?  Gives me divorce papers.

This, except I reached that point sooner and NCSoft gave the divorce papers.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Missing poll,game just got old ,too few players and all top heavy.FFXI

Sadly same reason i left FFXIV well besides i don't much like the structure,however seemed most of the players sped right to end game then all they do is login to grind Avatars,too boring for me.

The ONLY games i left because of Developer/Publisher was ROM "Frogster",EQ2 SOE,Lineage 2 "Ncsoft".

I don't think i will embed myself in another MMORPG unless it is a VERY slow grind through levels.I want levels to mean something more than just a number racing to end game and that is all EVERY game is right now.

That is topic worthy of another thread.  I really hate end game rush.  Not that I hate end game but the content along the way should be the focus.

• JoeyjojoshabaduJoeyjojoshabadu Member UncommonPosts: 162

I foolishly fell for the hype. Needless to say the game didn't remotely live up to the hype (do they ever?). But, lesson learned. Also, the game didn't do justice to, possibly to a point of damaging it's highly regarded IP. A great disappointment.

Next time I won't 1) buy into the hype - I'll wait until the game has been released for a month or two, and/or play a trial, and 2) won't assume that because previous games have been wonderful, the new/next title will be of similar quality.

• rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17

my guildies in FFXIV all left, i stayed for 2 months long more and i have fallen, some migrated back to their old MMO's a friend invited me to Firefall its differently good from my usual MMO fix but its working for me

so that sums it all, we love to play with others and when they leave its either you follow or find new people to hang out with

• gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    I left my previously played MMO because it is more of PVM/PVE players instead of PvP. Lucky if I had 3-5 players that is willing to pvp with you, however, as time passes by, player are more focusing on grinding and crafting that makes PvP system less interesting. Currently, I just tried other FPS and the current MMO that Im playing is RBF. Still grinding on their new server since i just got a week on the game, and I like the botting system that is purchasable on their Item Mall, makes me have time playing other games while my character is grinding itself. And I found PvP more interesting here but then, I always got RPKed all the time by others while leveling up. A bit harsh for a starter like me, but this pushes me to grind more and more till i got on ther levels haha. :D
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    Missing option "Game was bad/terrible/awful/piece of crap...".

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Quit WoW because I disliked the direction they went with dumbing down the Talent Trees and 180 degree about face on what the original Archeology.

Agre, terrible decision. But maybe no other option when you have behind so many levels and expansion packs. Would still prefer investing every level some point somewhere then waiting for 15 levels.

Still ... this was for sure not enough of reason to stop play my best game ever of all times. :-) Barely can wait for WOD, as usually will take vacation. :-)

Quit SWTOR because I beat the game (really nothing more then single player games at launch) on 4 different classes. 

Well ... same hare except did that for both epire as alliance, 8 maxed outs. :-) Other 8 waiting to, many close at least to lv. 50, some above. Still stopped to play for now as i miss TRUE expansion and not "digital expansions" that are worth as regular service packs in other games.

Quit GW2 because the developers lied about what the world and dynamic quests were going to be like and the lack of a gear grind.  Nothing of incentive to shoot for except for cosmetic upgrades.  Not my cup of tea.

Lost interest exactly because of hearts questing, boring so called dynamic events, ... etc. Otherwise love everything else in game if they would just opt at start for CLASSIC questing and progression ... would still be playing now.

Quit Neverwinter because my Guild disbanded and disliked the monetization techniques employed.

Quit Wildstar because the game was more of the same, WoW in space, WoW clone...blah blah blah.  So tired of grinding quests with no meaning other then to progress.

Left mainly for that 1 button mashing toolbar. Ok, also deeply hate "press F" mini games, remember colors minigames ... if not for addons that solves this problem, would left at very start after discovering that. Fortunately addons can put all this in automatic.

Same problem with button mashing 1 toolbar happend to TSW. Left also for sole that reason.

I they would remove that silly limitation, I would gladly return. Unfortunatly nothing points in that direction so both Wildstar and TSW are past for me.

LOTRO need comple graphic redo from scratch. This time with some physics please.

ARR. Not sure, maybe after reading forums will return some day. But now have better things to test. Original release was my worst disappointment of my life (being FF fan). ARR was much better ... up to lv. 18 or something. Then free fall.

So far regularly playing Wow and Swtor and can easily immagine to play them after 10 or 20 years with expansion packs of course.

For the rest I'm enjoying a lot my rediscovered Rift, currently would put on 3rd place (where was before Gw2 for some time), still from time to time I return to AoC, CO, .....

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201
    I left ESO becuse Zenimax didnt deliver what they promised. It isnt an MMO, because of the problem with grouping, me and my friends got tired. So after 3 weeks without logging in, I stopped subbing. Now Im back to Wow and Swtor.

----

----

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

FF14 was my last MMORPG. I left it because it was generic. It was a solid game and would have been really great if it was my first or second MMORPG experience, but I'm a vet.

I went back to WOW (No joke). If I'm going to be forced to play generic (every MMORPG released since WOW), then I might as well play the MMORPG that does 'generic best', World of Warcraft.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

All games in recent years had the same problem for me: I play 10 hours and feel that I have experienced everything the MMO has to offer.

I feel that way because after the first few hours everything seems to become repetitive and boring without any potential for future game play changes or challenges. I am mentally doing the same effortless thing again and again just with different skins or numbers or descriptions. I get bored and leave.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    I ran outta money to pay a regular sub with, so I switched to F2P for now. Firefall, and Facebook competitive card games.
  • bernicerhodesbernicerhodes Member Posts: 11
    yeah subs for students are hard, i did experience it way way back my earlier years .. i stayed with free games if i can help it .. Firefall is a decent game that is actually FREE!
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

i got tired of the RvR in Aion, after years i play Gw2 ... some history repeats its mistakes :p

now again got tired of this RvR, i am a zombie in GW2 waiting for BlackDesert or i will remain in GW2 .

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Got angry and deleted all my characters in rift so, that's why I don't play anymore.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Well these poll results are telling.  For me, I finally realized that all modern MMORPGs are just cash grabs designed to keep you running the hampster wheel so you can either pay them 15 dollars every month or buy lots of random crap on their cash shop.  I've been playing tons of single player games I've missed over the years, and it's hard to look back on MMOs.

I can start a new game, finish it in a week or two then move on without feeling like I'm falling behind or missing out on some new content patch.

• jordanbraxtonjordanbraxton Member Posts: 8
    quitted because I cant pay my SUB simple as that

• greenie881greenie881 Member Posts: 9

I left EVE Online because...

1. I got work. I don't have that much time now for raids.

2. Can't just ask money anymore from my parents. I have to work for it... so bye bye subscription. (cant get enough ISK now too because number 1)

3. I now prefer f2p games. I tried DUST since it's related to EVE online... but I want a pc game instead. Checking out Firefall, TF2, or even LOL. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The cash shop/cash to gold conversion/p2w wore me down. Sub is the only way to go for me.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"