Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very newbish question about honor

When you gain honor, is it automatic that in you'll acheive rank or is it like quests and you have to "cash it in"?

Comments

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

I could be wrong but from my understanding it's only updated every tuesday when the reset servers. That's what I've heard, but I could be completely wrong. Makes sense though since I went into a BG the other night and still haven't gotten ANY honor rank for it.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by Guest123

When you gain honor, is it automatic that in you'll acheive rank or is it like quests and you have to "cash it in"?

nope, is not automatic and depends a lot on how much honor you get and how well you did in your faction.

Practically every time you kill somebody that is an honorable kill to you or achieve a strategic objective (like winning a battleground), you gain honor points. At end of the week, after the server maintenance, these honor points from everybody are tallied and a rank list is generated, you are assigned a place on this list depending how much honor you did and assigned a certain number of Rank Points (that you can't see anywhere).

These Rank points you got for the week are compared to the one you already have and a percentual of the difference rises your Rank. Once you reach certain thresholds, you gain titles.

What this means is that is harder and harder to rise ranks the higher you go and there is possibility, if you stop pvping, to lose rank points and eventually even rank, but this process is pretty slow.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"