Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My First Impressions/Look at the Game

mrpantaloons1mrpantaloons1 Member Posts: 1

To be honest, I wasn't so impressed with the game, even though I heard a lot of good things about it. Maybe it was in part because of the server acting up due to being launch day that I couldn't enjoy it more. With that being said though, I still think the game deserves a fair chance, at least until getting those awesome abilities that come with higher levels. Also, jump jetting is always fun.

You can check out my first impressions of the game HERE.

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by mrpantaloons1

To be honest, I wasn't so impressed with the game, even though I heard a lot of good things about it. Maybe it was in part because of the server acting up due to being launch day that I couldn't enjoy it more. With that being said though, I still think the game deserves a fair chance, at least until getting those awesome abilities that come with higher levels. Also, jump jetting is always fun.

You can check out my first impressions of the game HERE.

I recently just revisited this game myself and still have been playing it for a week now.

You will get a lot of players with mixed emotions on what they are looking for in a game like this, but I been having fun with the mindless shooting and do like the option on the job boards when taking a mission. I haven't tackled the crafting part of this game because I am too busy doing other things in the game, but will get around to seeing what it is all about.

I believe if you got a Starsiege - Tribes Ascend / Global Agenda mindset and like to PvE and PvP, you will probably enjoy the game for awhile and quite honestly for a F2P game, I think most will just have fun playing this than the other f2p we already have out there.

• mdtaylor407mdtaylor407 Member Posts: 6
    Made me think if I should download or not. But I do believe Firefall looks awesome. Been seeing a lot about this on twitter and youtube lately. So I'm jumping in on the fun.
  • MrNeoAndersonMrNeoAnderson Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by mdtaylor407
    Made me think if I should download or not. But I do believe Firefall looks awesome. Been seeing a lot about this on twitter and youtube lately. So I'm jumping in on the fun.

having a blast blasting people away now, map is so freaking huge i like the environment details :)

• mdtaylor407mdtaylor407 Member Posts: 6
    i guess I'm going Firefall. Thanks for the semi motivation. hahaha
  • ethanmatthewsethanmatthews Member Posts: 9
    hmmmmmmmm Firefall new blood, hit me up with your IGN mdtaylor
  • bernicerhodesbernicerhodes Member Posts: 11
    yeah good times with Firefall, im glad it went online again .. already told my 2 friend who used to run with me, Titans here i come baby
  • namisalced0namisalced0 Member CommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by MrNeoAnderson
    Co-optimus brought me here into this game. http://www.co-optimus.com/article/12076/firefall-early-missions-and-open-world-co-op-stream.html

Well that's actually a nice collection of videos. Seems like a good game. F2P tho.

• deshall4deshall4 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by bernicerhodes
    yeah good times with Firefall, im glad it went online again .. already told my 2 friend who used to run with me, Titans here i come baby

I envy you guys! I just saw this game today via YouTube. Still downloading.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I played firefall beta it was less buggy at the time job board jobs are extremely buggy 99% time you have to log out and try them again to get them to work or they spend hours scanning for a queue spot, wait yes you have to wait in line to do quests LOL.

My character spent hours waiting in line just to do jobs and jobs are the main source of loot and exp in the game you will spend more time logging out to fix them and waiting in queue than actually doing them.

Crafting well while the system looks nice the amount or lack of drops for crafting materials makes crafting a pain. I farmed 3 days and still did not have enough to make a green level 17 weapon????.

By the time you hit level 20 that weapon will be useless then you have to farm another week just to get enough to make the level 20 wait now your level 33 now you get the picture.

While combat is much more challenging risk vs rewards just don't work in this game as is most times you get nothing but Crystite.

In old game there were lots of world invasion events for 3 days i have not seen any that made firefall fun in past looks like red 5 needs to start working on bugs first and loot drop balancing.

On plus side they do listen to player base unlike Trion i bought defiance the game and all the dlc then they nerfed arkfall and keys and raised price of chests to a million scrip now to upgrade weapons you have to use the shop not my idea of F2P more like pay2win.

• ethanmatthewsethanmatthews Member Posts: 9

@Astro6

previous bugs bro have been addressed by the devs, pm me your IGN so we can roll along together .. need good able bodies to pawn noobs

• MrNeoAndersonMrNeoAnderson Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Astro6

I played firefall beta it was less buggy at the time job board jobs are extremely buggy 99% time you have to log out and try them again to get them to work or they spend hours scanning for a queue spot, wait yes you have to wait in line to do quests LOL.

My character spent hours waiting in line just to do jobs and jobs are the main source of loot and exp in the game you will spend more time logging out to fix them and waiting in queue than actually doing them.

Crafting well while the system looks nice the amount or lack of drops for crafting materials makes crafting a pain. I farmed 3 days and still did not have enough to make a green level 17 weapon????.

By the time you hit level 20 that weapon will be useless then you have to farm another week just to get enough to make the level 20 wait now your level 33 now you get the picture.

While combat is much more challenging risk vs rewards just don't work in this game as is most times you get nothing but Crystite.

In old game there were lots of world invasion events for 3 days i have not seen any that made firefall fun in past looks like red 5 needs to start working on bugs first and loot drop balancing.

On plus side they do listen to player base unlike Trion i bought defiance the game and all the dlc then they nerfed arkfall and keys and raised price of chests to a million scrip now to upgrade weapons you have to use the shop not my idea of F2P more like pay2win.

most of the buggy features and contents have been addressed by R5 already, the new improved FF is better .. come back and you will see the difference

• rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17
    well played this last time? how was it?
  • LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by mdtaylor407

You make it seem like you're gonna play another game with Titans, XD. It didn't really go offline per se, no? I'd like to think of it as a "prolonged birth and delivery". It's like a 4-year old toddler came out of Red5's sloshy womb. But boy is the lil guy adorable.

• bernicerhodesbernicerhodes Member Posts: 11
    enjoying the game right now, i went Battle Frame Dreadnaught > Rhino or i dunno yet, time will tell
  • romaguilarmelromaguilarmel Member Posts: 11
    first impression for me was a pretty good one seeing as I'm a sci fi fan (jetpacks as well) so I'm hoping I'm not disappointed when I get to finally complete the download.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    enjoying the game right now, i went Battle Frame Dreadnaught > Rhino or i dunno yet, time will tell

I went with a Mammoth and let me tell ya, it feels like a tank, but even though I am a low level myself on this BF, it feels very sluggish. Players choosing the Rhino BF and say they love it.

However your Dreadnaught can pretty much hold it's own, I stopped leveling mine around 25, but definitely feel a difference between that BF and the Mammoth BF at the same level when it comes to firepower.

• katrjavikatrjavi Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

I went with a Mammoth and let me tell ya, it feels like a tank, but even though I am a low level myself on this BF, it feels very sluggish. Players choosing the Rhino BF and say they love it.

However your Dreadnaught can pretty much hold it's own, I stopped leveling mine around 25, but definitely feel a difference between that BF and the Mammoth BF at the same level when it comes to firepower.

Noob here, was reading this and am about to actually try the game. Being so, I'd love a tank / frontline type of character, is the Rhino a good choice?

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by katrjavi
    Originally posted by IMPYRE

Noob here, was reading this and am about to actually try the game. Being so, I'd love a tank / frontline type of character, is the Rhino a good choice?

Mammoth has more hit points and the abilities are focused more on holding ground.  Rhino's abilities are focused more towards offense.

I thought the game was too repetitive.  The leveling grind is far too much repetition.  It wouldn't be so bad if the enemies had half the hit points or if it didn't take as much XP to level.  It gets more annoying when I have to empty 250 rounds of my chaingun into some NPC's face to kill them.

• Gelatinous345Gelatinous345 Member Posts: 6
    Ha! Glad to see there are fellow Dreadnaught players here, too. :) I'm almost at 25 myself.
  • rtsandersrtsanders Member Posts: 17
    biotech here you know who gonna call when injured right?
  • CuddlyOwlBearCuddlyOwlBear Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Gelatinous345
    Ha! Glad to see there are fellow Dreadnaught players here, too. :) I'm almost at 25 myself.

Starting off as a Dreadnaught, too, man. Tho my primary is the Engineer. :)

• lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    started out with a Rhino, there's just some sort of fulfillment when your offense if your main point of focus, guess I'll move into the finer points as I play along but for now, I'm just enjoying.
  • jesslee099jesslee099 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by CuddlyOwlBear

what's the difference between Mammoth, Rhino or Dreadnaught? I'm just starting the game. sorry.

• cmayuga13cmayuga13 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by jesslee099
    Originally posted by CuddlyOwlBear

what's the difference between Mammoth, Rhino or Dreadnaught? I'm just starting the game. sorry.

Rhino seems to be more offense based, Mammoth more on defense? Wouldn't know for certain as I've only tried out the Recon. :)