Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext vs the world

2»

Comments

• amx23amx23 Member Posts: 102
    You dont know how story bricks works, your a brick and it gains and loses enhances every time you do something or when a condition is updated and you "fit" like a brick to other bricks like an npc brick who happens to be looking for someone just like you i mean ive seen teh storybricks demo 3 weeks ago and all it is is putting peices together and adding dialogue and more enhancements conditions along the way until your famous and people look for you or want to kill you, interesting demo. they livestreaming today btw
    What i heard is that theyre having the most troublle with destructability and the voxel world. they would have canceled the livestream today if it was bad but they ADDED it to the streaming schedule, they want you to see.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by amx23
    You dont know how story bricks works, your a brick and it gains and loses enhances every time you do something or when a condition is updated and you "fit" like a brick to other bricks like an npc brick who happens to be looking for someone just like you i mean ive seen teh storybricks demo 3 weeks ago and all it is is putting peices together and adding dialogue and more enhancements conditions along the way until your famous and people look for you or want to kill you, interesting demo. they livestreaming today btw

If you really like this game, do yourself a favor and avoid reading/talking about it on these forums.  There will be nothing but hate here... more so as it actually comes closer to being a real tangible game and not a tech demo.  All games go through this here.  Not one has ever been left alone.  Not one.  The whole point of this site is to incite a riot.  Riots = viewership.  Viewership = money for the website.  It's a non-stop advertising board for a reason.  Not to have civil discussions, but to have you accidently misclick on a an advertisement.  That's the whole purpose of this website.  Advertising.

The voxel world is much more intimidating than faction 2.0 and look what theyve done with the tools and features in landmark that they are adding, its a 9/10 game thats not optimized
  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    The voxel world is much more intimidating than faction 2.0 and look what theyve done with the tools and features in landmark that they are adding, its a 9/10 game thats not optimized

What game? They made the game already? I thought it was going to be finished early 2016. Praising something that is not made is as ridiculous as hating it. It's like a monkey fight.

praise is worthy from what theyve suggested, it will only get better at this point. Im out
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by oilthu
    31 years old.....  and thats the best paragraph you can write, honestly stop playing games for a few months and go to community college and learn to read and write because i have no idea what you were just trying to ask. My six year old niece can write down and explain a point better than you can lol.

You should have put a comma before lol.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Ive been following these for 2 years, to see them grow from what they started out to wha ive seen in the keynotes stream i must say, i have fever. I watched this game grow and im relieved that all the speculation and guessing and wondering was worth it. anyways im out
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Originally posted by oilthu
    31 years old.....  and thats the best paragraph you can write, honestly stop playing games for a few months and go to community college and learn to read and write because i have no idea what you were just trying to ask. My six year old niece can write down and explain a point better than you can lol.

best post na eu kr jp
    praise is worthy from what theyve suggested, it will only get better at this point. Im out

Actions are praise worthy, not promises. Everything looks good on paper, It is good to see people approaching it with clear minds instead of getting excited like kids at new lego commercial. It should be natural to doubt and discuss. It feels unnatural to defend promises of strangers, especially from SOE that lost trust a long time ago.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

Actions are praise worthy, not promises. Everything looks good on paper, It is good to see people approaching it with clear minds instead of getting excited like kids at new lego commercial. It should be natural to doubt and discuss. It feels unnatural to defend promises of strangers, especially from SOE that lost trust a long time ago.

I do agree that we shouldn't jump the hype train because of lofty promises, but what most people post has nothing to do with a mind open for dialogue, its constant bitching and moaning about everything.

They don't show anything so its vaporware, they show internal alpha footage and the game is dead, it has action combat so its for kids, everything they do has been done in other games, except for something that sounds fresh because that will just never work.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Shaigh

I do agree that we shouldn't jump the hype train because of lofty promises, but what most people post has nothing to do with a mind open for dialogue, its constant bitching and moaning about everything.

They don't show anything so its vaporware, they show internal alpha footage and the game is dead, it has action combat so its for kids, everything they do has been done in other games, except for something that sounds fresh because that will just never work.

I wish I could like this post even more.

If people really want to see certain changes, they should go to the Landmark forums and posts their criticisms after actually trying the stuff for real. Bitching and moaning on MMORPG isn't going to change what kind of game EQNext is going to be.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Any argument is a good one and you do see it a lot. "X has that feature and Y has this one. Oh, and Z has that other thing". Well I can't play all of them, nor want to, at the same time so the comparisons are mute. In specific to EQN the ideas they are touting, not seen yet of course, would be "the next level, in world immersion. We'll see how it pans out but I'm enjoying the rukas it's causing here right now :)

Originally posted by Shaigh

Not any different the other way around. I could write  - I do agree that we shouldn't jump the hate train, because of heavy criticism, but what most people post has nothing to do with a mind open for dialogue, its empty praising, without any real argument except own wishful thinking, speculation and blind trust. Each side has it's fanatics, and each side has people that try to be reasonable and are open for debate.

You don't have to be too bright to notice that OP here is on the fanatic side. There is no room for being wrong in his head, he is set to prove his point no matter how many counter arguments going to be thrown his way.

Originally posted by azarhal

If people really want to see certain changes, they should go to the Landmark forums and posts their criticisms after actually trying the stuff for real. Bitching and moaning on MMORPG isn't going to change what kind of game EQNext is going to be.

If it doesn't do a thing, why people like you get so upset about it. If it doesn't matter at all, why someone always comes to defend. If people are here, does it exclude the possibility of them being also on Landmark forums?

Moaning and bitching is what keeps the world going forward, if we were satisfied with what we have now, we would still play pacman.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Originally posted by azarhal

If it doesn't do a thing, why people like you get so upset about it. If it doesn't matter at all, why someone always comes to defend. If people are here, does it exclude the possibility of them being also on Landmark forums?

Moaning and bitching is what keeps the world going forward, if we were satisfied with what we have now, we would still play pacman.

It doesn't exclude them of being there too, but Landmark forums don't have has much has there is here.

As for me, I'm upset because I would prefer if threads were actually constructive and about gameplay/features/information has opposed to be bitching and moaning. MMORPG can sometimes have really good discussion and information about upcoming games. EQNext is becoming a cesspit of hates and aggression with all the hating and it's not interesting at all for people actually interested in the game.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

am I the only person who cant follow a single word from the OP?

• RivolRivol Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

am I the only person who cant follow a single word from the OP?

lol no, no you're not. Reading this thread was kinda hard work.

EQN is reminding me of when I first started following the development of Wildstar. All they promised sounded fantastic but the more I saw of it the less impressed I became. Now I wouldn't play it at gunpoint. Hope I'm wrong but those EQN graphics....

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

Problaby if they do a wow quest system they will FAIL HARD. If they do something new they will success.

Now all games are pretty similar, they are based on questing and the questing system is equal from a game to another.

I think MMORPG it's obsolete, this games are MMOQSG, Quest Slaving Game

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    iv decided a long time ago that blind praise is better then hatred at all times, you say a healthy argument includes a negative side, I do not believe that to be true at all, a healthy constructive argument leans towards praise, and a argument without negativity is a discussion. Take games not to my personal taste, like ESO, I know loads of people praise it, but im not gonna jump into a ESO thread and tell those people how wrong they are, cause all that will accomplish is start a argument on who is right instead of a discussion on what is right, at the same time I enjoy Wildstar but I DO understand that when Wildstar gets hate I could write it of as "ESO Fanboys" wanting to argue. To be able to have a healthy discussion and not get caught in a  argument, the parts of the debate have to be interested in the same goals, if they are not and are living in illusion then it will be difficult to find anything to discuss and that creates the argument.
  • Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I was looking forward to EQN for a long time. I even convinced myself that the "Walt Disney" graphics wasnt that bad. Then I watched the latest combat video and while I was watching it , it felt like someone was beating me to death with a rolled up cartoon magazine.. :(

• QuillimQuillim Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by fardreamer
    iv decided a long time ago that blind praise is better then hatred at all times, you say a healthy argument includes a negative side, I do not believe that to be true at all, a healthy constructive argument leans towards praise, and a argument without negativity is a discussion.

"Hey Jim, this Kool-Aid is the best.. where did you get it".

Cults thrive when they feature members who have zero-tolerance for negativity concerning the believed orthodoxy. When you have that, you can make people believe anything.

The only thing I see when I see people claim they want no negativity is a cult member looking for a leader and a glass of kool-aid to gleefully drink.