Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3-D Gaming

I was looking at this little sponsored link that this site has i guess and its the one that explains the 3-D Gaming. I was just curious if anyone had actually tried it out better. After looking at the reviews, I wanted to try it out because it was saying like you were in a totally different world....Any ideas or comments on the 3-D glasses software and such?

Comments

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613
    meh i was gonna get... until i saw the price that should be a prize for giveaway

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=8mj35887

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992
    Its not that expensive...any other comments...??

Come on...Someone must have tried it out of all you people. Its gotta be amazing....Im going to try it , but first i need soooome opinionsimage

Bringing this baby up again, woot! still trying to find some opinions out there...maybe it'll be a little more sucessful since its close to christmas...

wanting to play it with eq...they sound so sweet!! like a whole different world...image

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I was going to buy it, but i might wait a bit. It is a pretty heavy investment. Besides the actual price, there is shipping and it has to go through customs, and i dont know how much that costs.... Plus if your not satisfied you can't really take it back(even though they say so) because once you open the software it's non-refundable. So basicaly once you see the box and look at the glasses, it's up to you to find out if your gonna keep 'em.

I may get them if i have more money because to ship them and everything is really unknown amount of money.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I tried them (and wrote that review).  I loved them.  However, I use a 20" LCD flat panel - so they no workie for me :(

Good think I wrote that review because the last 21" CRT in my office died about 2 weeks after I reviewed it!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90
    Are the glasses big and hard to wear?  Do they get in the way?

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

Not at all.  I had the "wired" pair...but they also make a wireless version which I would recommend...it would have been nice to have the wire out of the way.

The one tip I would have is to give them a good long trial.  At first they seem a bit much, even making you dizzy and sick.  But once you let your eyes and brain get used to them it is very incredible!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Did you have to pay for the shipping and stuff? If so, how much? Thats the only thing im really worried about..

I would imagine so.  Just go to their site and start an order...you don't have to complete it but it should tell you the shipping costs before completing it.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Ok, im in a "dillema" here. I only got 100 bucks. That can pay for the glasses, but i have no games to play it on lol. I think i'll hafta spend my money on a game before i get the glasses image

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    I read in some magazine a while ago(can't remember what it was some Australian one) But these 3d glasses have been around for a while obviously now with better technology so i'm not sure if it still applys but back then apparently they had a few health issues with them, mainly your eyesight. Bassiccly if your going to buy the glasses make sure your informed of possible issues with them, same with games in general i guess, most will have some warnings somewhere, most likely in the terms and conditions things just incase they need some cover with the law.

Having said that, heres a quote from their website.

Are there any side effects to using the glasses?
    We have thoroughly tested the E-D glasses to make sure they conform to various safety standards. We do not recommend the glasses for users prone to epileptic seizures, however, they are perfectly safe for everyday use for hours at a time with no long term side effects. The glasses have various settings that can be adjusted even while in the middle of a game to change the effect to fit your personal preference.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Just bringing this up again.... I might be buying the 3-d glasses. It says guaranteed shipping on christmas, but i really doubt that.