Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red5 Did a Great Job with Mob Intelligence

XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I continue to be impressed with the mob AI in Firefall, particularly the humanoid AI.    

The humanoid mobs will actually adjust their tactics to best counter yours and in many cases will take cover to avoid attacks and even attempt to flank your location as opposed to just blindly running at you.  

It has certainly made PvE in this game a lot more interesting and fun.

Even some of the creatures seem to have a certain level of intelligence in how they move in for an attack and will actually follow you for quite some time if you attempt to flee.  

I really went into this game with low expectations but continue to find myself really enjoying most aspects of it.   

Comments

• katrjavikatrjavi Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Xssiv

I continue to be impressed with the mob AI in Firefall, particularly the humanoid AI.    

The humanoid mobs will actually adjust their tactics to best counter yours and in many cases will take cover to avoid attacks and even attempt to flank your location as opposed to just blindly running at you.  

Even some of the creatures seem to have a certain level of intelligence in how they move in for an attack and will actually follow you for quite some time if you attempt to flee.  

I really went into this game with low expectations but continue to find myself really enjoying most aspects of it.   

that keeps you more involved I guess, keeps you on your toes :D

• Gelatinous345Gelatinous345 Member Posts: 6

I do, as well. I particularly like Thumpers (they just fall out and Thump!), the graphics, the jetpacks, and all that, but when I got to playing this with a buddy of mine, the game did surprise by upping the ante and being more enjoyable.

• CuddlyOwlBearCuddlyOwlBear Member Posts: 6

Yeah, had the same observation for the AI in this game, better than the other games' AI, IMO. It's vastly improved from a year back, and that's good for FireFall.

• lindzzamoralindzzamora Member Posts: 17
    good to know I'm not the only one enjoying this game. :)
  • EclecticSkyDirtEclecticSkyDirt Member Posts: 14

I just played FireFall after being referred to it by a friend. We're playing with 3 other people and yes we're currently having good fun and progress. It's awesome.

• bastibastimaubastibastimau Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by katrjavi

that keeps you more involved I guess, keeps you on your toes :D

I've never fallen asleep yet in the middle of a session, I guess that's something good haha.

• Sp33d5t3rNowSp33d5t3rNow Member Posts: 5
    Well, yes, the AI at least does not just stand around there. Way better than monsters who just stand around taking all the damage.
  • jjddgguzmanjjddgguzman Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Sp33d5t3rNow
    Well, yes, the AI at least does not just stand around there. Way better than monsters who just stand around taking all the damage.

Guess it was just a glitch that I experienced the other day, xp for free since the monster wasn't attacking me. :p  but have to agree overall, ai here gets the player more involved.

• EclecticSkyDirtEclecticSkyDirt Member Posts: 14

I'm glad the AI has been observed to have improved. But I'm more concerned with the actual people I'm playing with...act like good AI!