Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ Next

13»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Gallus85
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

vaporware

they sold the hype of EQN and turned into a boring Landmark game, hoping people would help them build the world.  We have seen zero progress, and nothing but "roundtables" since the EQN big reveal

Kind of my thoughts, too.  I know, I know they must be making some design progress on the game, but the entire Landmark thing seems like blands-ville to me.

I'm thinking WOW is going to be it for a long time to come, and that's too bad.

You don't HAVE to play WOW, you could just ignore it like many others do and play actual good MMOs.

Lol Muke, good point!

But not many are really willing to settle for such a 'bland' experience in gaming, and as much as some people might prefer WoW be ignored, its not something that is just going to go away because they choose to ignore it, of course the fact that WoW makes for some very inconvenient comparisons to other MMO's is probably an uncomfortable truth that many, would prefer to ignore also. image

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

vaporware

they sold the hype of EQN and turned into a boring Landmark game, hoping people would help them build the world.  We have seen zero progress, and nothing but "roundtables" since the EQN big reveal

Kind of my thoughts, too.  I know, I know they must be making some design progress on the game, but the entire Landmark thing seems like blands-ville to me.

You don't HAVE to play WOW, you could just ignore it like many others do and play actual good MMOs.

If you want to play a AAA MMO released in the last 10 years, you do basically have to play WoW. Rift, LotRO, AoC, SWTOR, FF14, they're all just repackaged WoW.

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Gallus85

vaporware

Lol Muke, good point!

But not many are really willing to settle for such a 'bland' experience in gaming, and as much as some people might prefer WoW be ignored, its not something that is just going to go away because they choose to ignore it, of course the fact that WoW makes for some very inconvenient comparisons to other MMO's is probably an uncomfortable truth that many, would prefer to ignore also. image

A lot of MMOs copy the EQ/WoW formula for sure, but there are many games out there that provide a different experience.  This notion of "Play WoW or a bad game" is pretty funny to me.  There's a huge list of games on this site and I'd wager most people haven't played but a handful of them.  So this argument is basically an argument from ignorance.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by kresa3333
    What do you think about this game guys? i know much is not known yet, but some of the features in this game are exactly what is missing in today's mmo industry . After all how many games can u stand with the same boring concept of leveling and farming gear from dungeons and raids . I hope they will manage to nail it because few allready tried and failed hard , need some strong complicated system to win over the traditional  mmo's we got now days 

At this point nothing is known, lots of promises and lots of time passed.

I am expecting an ultra casual experience that offers next to nothing for EQ1 fans.

Maybe there is some new fun gameplay, but I am bracing for disappointment.

If EQN turns out to be a painfully average game it will exceed all my expectations.

At one point I thought EQN was going to revolutionize MMOs, now my expectations are down to "I hope it doesn't totally suck!".

This about sums it up for me.

Action combat? Ugh. FTP? Ugh. Limited skills? Ugh. Cartoon grafics? Ugh.

I hope it does not suck as bad as i fear it to.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    The negative in this thread.  At least the unwarranted negative and unproductive negativity is why most MMO's don't reveal much substance in their first few years of development.  Sad state of affairs that SOE decides to buck the trend and produce a game to satiate player's appetite and get dismissed by the haters right away.  I mean it's one thing to hate on a game that's in beta or has all the known information about it but it's extremely disheartening to hear all the negativity of a game that is barely a year into development.  Most games at this state would still be hidden away and nothing known about.  Oh well I suppose that is why we have the internet meme "hater's gonna hate".

SOE should never have even mentioned EQNext until it was within a year of release.  I blame them for starting the flame wars... and that was exactly their intention, to start a flame war.  We don't need to know a damn thing about the game other than it's genre, generic premise, system requirements, purchase price, and release date.  All the other crap is purely to incite forum wars, nothing more, nothing less.  It rarely makes the game a better game, it almost certainly creates a short played game.

I don't need to be in on the design phase of some car I might buy 10 years down the road.  Build the damn thing and if I like it, I will buy it when it's sitting on the lot.  The less you know, the better.

Agreed.  Entirely too much of SOE's released information is so vague it could describe anything, game or otherwise.  This marketing hype seems based too much on nebulous concepts rather than a functional product.  They could have done 2 things to drastically improve this game.   1) Delay the announcement until they have a functional product ready to be beta tested, and 2) call the thing FreeRealmsNext to avoid all the EQ comparisons.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGfWgW5kDs

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by Avanah

vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGfWgW5kDs

4:25, real horizontal progression confirmed.  This game has officially become epic beyond belief lol :P

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL