Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoD Cinematic biggest disappointment...

aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

is to see how amazing a full CGI movie could have been, instead of a risky live-actors one.

I remember reading somewhere that one minute of this kind of CGI costs about 1 million $. So 90 minutes -> 90 millions max, probably less because a full movie have more static scenes, and stuff you can use multiple times. 

So... yeah I hope the Warcraft movie will be good and fun and epic, but i can't help wishing for more CGI cinema tics !

And you ?

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by aSynchro

is to see how amazing a full CGI movie could have been, instead of a risky live-actors one.

I remember reading somewhere that one minute of this kind of CGI costs about 1 million $. So 90 minutes -> 90 millions max, probably less because a full movie have more static scenes, and stuff you can use multiple times. 

So... yeah I hope the Warcraft movie will be good and fun and epic, but i can't help wishing for more CGI cinema tics !

And you ?

Would like a trailer with some actual ingame footage/screens. Instead of watching a very good trailer and then logging in to a 10y old 2 pixel art world. :)

Better spend that money on a team redoing world graphics.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

After having watched the new TMNT movie... I am not worried at all. I have no doubt that they can bring the CG actors to life in a way that feel as natural (or as natural as any alien life form can)

This have been a good conversation

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

And you ?

I see what you did thar. I was about to log in just to yell at you. This cinematic has me more hyped than I have been to play WoW since TBC. That last shot of the dark portal being built amped me up. Can't wait. Just came back a month ago. Leveled me a prot warrior,  and working on a guardian druid now. Still need to beat Garrosh to see it on the warrior. Getting excited for this xpac.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

More CGI is never the answer.

The only time it works is when you can't tell it's CGI.

• perran7691perran7691 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    It totally reminded me of the Starz series "Spartacus".
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Muke

And you ?

Would like a trailer with some actual ingame footage/screens. Instead of watching a very good trailer and then logging in to a 10y old 2 pixel art world. :)

Better spend that money on a team redoing world graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMc8VP02DFA

I have been playing the beta and even though the game engine is old, it looks really good for its age, alot better than pandaria.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by perran7691

yep it did me too. wow is always ripping someone off and making a buck off of it lol

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

I don't understand how the OP relates to the title of the thread. If you want them to make a cgi movie then wouldn't you say the WoD cinematic was awesome?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I wonder if Blizzard is actually doing the CG for the Warcraft movie?

I wouldn't doubt that they'd lend tons of material to whatever studio is doing the special effects/CG, but doing CG on top of a live action-shot scene is an entirely different beast than a full CG short-piece like Blizzard is used to.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by baphamet

yep it did me too. wow is always ripping someone off and making a buck off of it lol

Ummmmmmmm..... You realize that Spartacus was based off of Spartacus, right? Like it's not as though someone made it all up. It's kinda like saying that Full Metal Jacket was a rip-off of Platoon because they were both movies about Vietnam. 

Unfortunately, it's all six degrees of separation nowadays. I'm sure someone could make an argument of how they ripped off The Sound of Music, too, with enough effort. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I wonder if Blizzard is actually doing the CG for the Warcraft movie?

I wouldn't doubt that they'd lend tons of material to whatever studio is doing the special effects/CG, but doing CG on top of a live action-shot scene is an entirely different beast than a full CG short-piece like Blizzard is used to.

Negative. I believe it's Industrial Light & Magic. Same dudes doing CG for next Star Wars. I think that's one reason that WoW movie has been pushed back. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    While i would prefer a CGI movie like their trailers, a live action would be good, but the main worry is how it will be directed. This was why Dragonball fell on it's ass, they toke Goku a carefree guy and turned him into a lustful teenage trying to impress the ladies. If they get someone who fucks with the lore too much it's gone to crash and burn.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by baphamet

You guys don't actually think Starz came up with Spartacus right?

Also, Kargath Bladefist of the Shattered Hand was in WC2 which came out in 1995 . . . the lore already long before Starz brought Spartacus to television.

I'm not saying Blizzard doesn't take stuff, but let's not be silly.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    They did show CG animation at the end of the panel show. Go back to see the vid OP, i am sure at this point you skipped lots of stuff. The part they show 35 years in the past what happen ? ( This is the part you want to see for CG animation)