Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So F'ing sick of Landmark!!! where is the actual game?

Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62

i cant be the only one sick to teeth of Landmark? i have no interest in building or farming or what ever the fuck landmark is, i had beta and played it for about 10 mins before uninstalling it...i want to see some information on the ACTUAL game .

anyone have any new/decent gameplay videos of the actual game? 

is there an actual game or is it just this landmark crap?

what is going on?

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I dont really think anything besides landmark was shown after the initial announcement..

• Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62
    this game has been in development way too long and still hardly no info on it, makes me think its a load of shit
  • Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

Lol.

1.  Landmark is going* to be more than just a building tool. Right now it's just focused on letting players build assets that will make it into EQN's game world, but when Landmark is finished it'll be it's own game, complete with combat, quests, loot, dungeons, etc. It'll be it's own game in the end, but this goes into point 2.

2.  Both EQN and Landmark haven't been in development for THAT long.  Just 2 years or so at this point.  That's not even very long for an MMORPG, especially one that's breaking as much new ground as EQN and Landmark are. They first announced EQN in 2009, but they eventually scrapped it and started over because "They didn't want to do another Me-Too!* MMORPG, and wanted to make something new and exciting".  At the very worst the current iteration of EQN has only been worked on since about 2011 or 2012, so 2 or 3 years at worst.

Work on GW2 started sometime in 2007 and it didn't even release until Q3 2012. 5 years.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Yeah, but they didn't sell GW2 until it was worth buying.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Yeeeepp Been saying this for along time.  Losing interest in NEXT because all I hear is landmark.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    They're just using landmark as a building tool and money generator for EQ next. So if you as in the players got ideas or if you build something cool, it seems like they would or could add it into EQ Next. Nothing more.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Yeah, but they didn't sell GW2 until it was worth buying.

Just think of all that revenue they missed out on.......

Oh....and since when has GW2 been worth buying? (/snicker)

This discussion has been closed.