Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Requirements

ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

As I look through more and more MMORPG's I think some are really lying about what it takes to play their games. You know, skimping on the recomended and totally flat out lying about the minimum specs.

Lineage II

Minumum Requirements:

Pentium III 800 or above

256M RAM

GeForce2 graphic card

Recomended:

1 Gig Hz+

512M RAM+

GeForce4 (Or equivilent) +

I took a look at the screenshots and I know there is no way you can get the quality there is in those screenshots with the Recomended value,  and even if you do there is no way you will get it higher than 20 FPS+. I know that the Unreal engine is versatile but, I think EG is continuing the patern promoted by other gaming companies. As a community we have accepted this, but this should stop. Please post your opinions, preferably someone who has played any Beta stages of the game so that he or she can  give us  their honest opinion. Personally, and I'm sure most of you are: sick and tired of doubling their recommended requirements and taking the time to install the compatible drivers - refformating if you have to, and to still hang up every ten seconds at 8 FPS.  

-Obiyer

Comments

• BentoBento Member Posts: 43
    i had a 1800xp with 9000pro when i beta i could run everything maxed out till i got to towns really or large amounts of pixel shading.. then i had to drop it down to keep in line with what i was getting before the game played well on a 1800xp 9000pro with 512 pc133 memb

• porkasporkas Member Posts: 125

lol your mad about that, hmm check this out

I was abel to have almost stabel 100 fps in CS 1.5 with a Geforce 2 GTS( a 3 year old card) , now I cant even have a stabel 70 fps with a Radeon 9500 Pro in CS 1.6 and trust me the grafics haven't changed that much. Now this a clear case of greed, by writing a lousy code for 1.6 they force us how wan't lag free gaming to go out and by a new card that will work with CS 1.6(haven't been released yet, I think)

My friend has a 9800 and he can't either get a stabel 100 fps even when both of us use heavy hax hax cfg's for ultimate preformance(high fps).

"Only the good die young so I'd rather stay evil"

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Obiyer

As I look through more and more MMORPG's I think some are really lying about what it takes to play their games. You know, skimping on the recomended and totally flat out lying about the minimum specs.
    Lineage II
    Minumum Requirements:
    Pentium III 800 or above
    256M RAM
    GeForce2 graphic card
    Recomended:
    1 Gig Hz+
    512M RAM+
    GeForce4 (Or equivilent) +
    I took a look at the screenshots and I know there is no way you can get the quality there is in those screenshots with the Recomended value,  and even if you do there is no way you will get it higher than 20 FPS+. I know that the Unreal engine is versatile but, I think EG is continuing the patern promoted by other gaming companies. As a community we have accepted this, but this should stop. Please post your opinions, preferably someone who has played any Beta stages of the game so that he or she can  give us  their honest opinion. Personally, and I'm sure most of you are: sick and tired of doubling their recommended requirements and taking the time to install the compatible drivers - refformating if you have to, and to still hang up every ten seconds at 8 FPS.  

-Obiyer

Your very very wrong. Although im running radeon 9700pro athlon xp2400 and 512ddr i can run it perfectly on full settings, my friend who is running a 900mhz p3, geforce 2 mx and 256 mb sd can run the game perfectly. Although the graphics are no where near as pretty the game runs perfectly smooth. The game is very very versatile in the graphics department.

• sh8kerm8kersh8kerm8ker Member Posts: 11
    Sweet, then this means I'll just have to do a bit of upgrading and be able to play the game smoothly.  I don't really care too much about the graphics as long as I can play the game without chopping frames.

"If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years..."

-Chungking Express

"If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years..."

-Chungking Express

hmm didn't you say you hade 733 Mhz?

• ToomasToomas Member Posts: 9

L2 graphics arent very good technically, quite low poly models and small textures but the quality of them is very high.

I was able to play the korean beta with my 2ghz p4, 512mb ddr ram and 64mb GF3ti200 with max settings only towns had low fps :)

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Obiyer,
    I think you are missing the fact of the marketing jobs needed to be done to sell games. If you or I developed a game, we would want the screen shots and movie previews to be seen in all there graphic splendor and glory. Then we would run the game with almost every cool little pixel shading and bump mapping technique turned off to see what it would take to run it with minimum game requirements. Then we would run the game to so it looked pretty good, a nice resolution, a nice detail level and nice audio rate and post what it takes to run that getting the recommended specifications. No game maker in there right mind would ever put to market the system it would take to run everything full blast at 60 frames per second, only hardcore gamers have PC's of that caliber and to put a system spec like that on the "Recommended list" would lose thousands of sales to weary customers that don't want to upgrade their PC's but also don't want the game to run at minimum requirements (or like shit).

On a side note, I personally look down on any game manufacturer that doesn't try to push the envelope with the technology that is out there today. New games should cause everyone to have to upgrade, if they don't what's out there to drive PC technology and graphic technology to higher standards... I sure as hell don't need my 3.06Gzh P4 and GeForce4 Ti to run spell check faster or to open up win amp quicker. Graphics push this entire industry and I for one give kudos to the programmer that rights a well done graphical game to cause my PC to groan in pain.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

WOW you only think about your self don't you?

you where right about the first part, but the seconpart, hmm I don't know. Everyone doesn't have a lot of money and can't afford to upgarde thier comps every year as you would want us to do. If the game makers wanted to they could make whey better modles and graphic that would demand less power from your comp but they don't do it, don't ask me why, they are probable in some sort of agrement with the hardware producers to force us to uppgrade our systems.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Not true! I think about others...
    and what they can do for me... :)

I agree the second half was only my opinion; my wording wasn't the greatest and was very vague. A better / more proper statement would be that I look down upon game programmers that use the faster PC's to try and hide sloppy programming (Unreal 2 comes to mind) and look up to programmers that can raise the bar graphically for all the other games out there and it's those guys that give us the want/need to upgrade or PC's to play their title.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

well I guess your right about some parts