Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone want to play Nosgoth with me?

sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

Hey. I'm currently playing this game alone, while my friends are playing LoL and WoW. I like this game very much and I'm currently level 8. Play as a Marksman / Reaver usually. I have never been in a competitive FPS/TPS game, but this drew me into it.

If you'd like to play with me or add me as a friend on Steam, write here. I don't check my PMs that often. Then I will add you / PM you my Skype ID.

P.S. I'm 26 years old, male and speak Swedish and English fluently, and Serbian I can comprehend kinda good.

Comments

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Holy crap, how have I not heard of this game before? And only $2.50... gotta love Steam. Add me, I'll be Deathage
  • sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Originally posted by Deathage
    Holy crap, how have I not heard of this game before? And only $2.50... gotta love Steam. Add me, I'll be Deathage

Says you haven't been online for 3 days. Is that you?

• richruzzrichruzz Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Not to much of a fan since it has a low skill cap to be good, but then it's more reliant on your teammates not being terrible or refusing to work together which can be frustrating. Nonetheless I'm down to play a bit @ RichRuzz on Steam since it would be fun with others.
    Originally posted by richruzz
    Not to much of a fan since it has a low skill cap to be good, but then it's more reliant on your teammates not being terrible or refusing to work together which can be frustrating. Nonetheless I'm down to play a bit @ RichRuzz on Steam since it would be fun with others.

Oh no, there is skill in this game. The better always win. Try doing a match up against people voice communicating vs you and your friends using voice. Someone will win most of the time, it's not 50/50 or luck.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Great game and a good team doubles the fun. I'd play it but I simply don't enjoy playing one of the two sides. Since you have to play both every match, it kills the entire game for me. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Great game and a good team doubles the fun. I'd play it but I simply don't enjoy playing one of the two sides. Since you have to play both every match, it kills the entire game for me. 

It kills immersion. But balance has to be in the game, so it's good. It's not as long as a LoL game though. I think it's 10 min unil fight ends for both sides or 30 kills. Enough of time for an eSports game (they are adding eSports later).

Originally posted by sagil

It kills immersion. But balance has to be in the game, so it's good. It's not as long as a LoL game though. I think it's 10 min unil fight ends for both sides or 30 kills. Enough of time for an eSports game (they are adding eSports later).

I don't see what wanting to play a particular side has to do with balancing the game. Are you saying WoW would be more balanced if after a person played their Horde Troll in BG they had to play an Alliance Human , or are you saying that there might be difficulty in creating matches if most people chose one particular side? 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I don't see what wanting to play a particular side has to do with balancing the game. Are you saying WoW would be more balanced if after a person played their Horde Troll in BG they had to play an Alliance Human , or are you saying that there might be difficulty in creating matches if most people chose one particular side? 

I don't think he mentioned WoW, except to say that his friends are playing it.  Troll.

Totally two different games. Nosgoth doesn't have PvE to worry about. Nosgoth is pure PvP. And LoL has ranked matches where you ban champions and choose what you think is better than the other champion, with intervalls. LoL isn't the best for ranked either imo, and WoW as I said, needs to worry about balancing PvE with PvP (which is a super hard task).

Originally posted by jdlamson75

I don't think he mentioned WoW, except to say that his friends are playing it.  Troll.

I didn't say he mentioned it. I said I didn't like having to play both factions every match. He said it's needed for balance.  I was asking what he meant when he said that it's that way because "balance has to be in the game," as I don't know of any other PVP game that requires that.