Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is loot like diablo 2 or 3?

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I am asking in the terms of, like in diablo 2 loot drops and its a race to pick it up. Which i really liked and had a fun time doing. Diablo 3 every one gets there own loot. Is this like d2 or 3, thanks for any help.

Comments

• WraithstarWraithstar Member UncommonPosts: 70

Its sorta in the middle, everyone sees the same loot when it drops, like in D2, but the party leader can put it on Permanent loot allocation which means when loot drops, it`s assigned to someone in the party at random and noone else can pick it up (unless he picks it up and drops the item).

Then there is short allocation which is the same as perm but after a couple seconds the loot is able to be picked up by everyone. So yeah pretty much right in the middle

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Thank you very much. That sucks there should be free for all...,
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The passive selection grid and the skills are great in this game. Its definitely work checking out if you're a Diablo series fan imo.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Indeed, I am going to play it. The skill list is great::) It looks also like that the economy is like that of diablo 2.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

Last I checked there is FFA loot pickup.

Tbh that was one of the features I disliked about the game, but to each his own. If you enjoyed Diablo 2, though, Path of Exile is actually amazing and worth trying. And it's leagues above what D3 has done.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Strange question OP...You can try it the game is free

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Indeed, I am going to play it. The skill list is great::) It looks also like that the economy is like that of diablo 2.

Sort of... it is player-to-player and it is a bartering system, yes. Interestingly, sometimes white items can be the most valuable items in the game, especially if they have many linked sockets. The socketing and crafting nature of the game is one of the most engaging aspects in my opinion, though can be very frustrating if you want something specific. The RNG can be very irritating.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by aesperus

Last I checked there is FFA loot pickup.

Tbh that was one of the features I disliked about the game, but to each his own. If you enjoyed Diablo 2, though, Path of Exile is actually amazing and worth trying. And it's leagues above what D3 has done.

Yep, I despised that feature.

Or rather I despised all the jerks running around with their "auto-pick" programs that ninja'd everything worth having in the blink of an eye.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    So much misinformation ITT. OP there are 3 loot options that the group leader can set: permanent allocation (D3-like, everyone has their own loot), Free-for-all (D2-like, it's a race to pick up items) and Short Allocation (loot is assigned for a small amount of time (about ~5 seconds depending how far you are from the item when it drops), then it becomes free for all)

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann