Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame to play with friends

VirhvenVirhven Member Posts: 3

The important things in this game:

- important playing in the party

- open-world

- some crafting

- you can work for the items from IS in the game

- guilds should be important

- fighting must be competive

- PvP in the teams

- it couldn't be very crowded game

What I had played and I like:

- Neverwinter

- RaiderZ

- Margonem

- Tibia

- Metin2

- DC Universe Online

- Marvel Heroes

- Runes of Magic

- Royal Quest

What I had played and I don't like:

- TERA

- Guild Wars 2

- ARGO Online

- Champions Online

- Lineage 2

- Requiem: Memento Mori

Comments

• omiconomicon Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Have you tried FF14 yest it has all of the things your looking for. There is a 2 week trial now if you like ill give you my char name and we can play. I play on cerberus.
  • VirhvenVirhven Member Posts: 3
    I prefer F2P games...
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    SWTOR has a lot of what you are looking for, but can be rather... restrictive to free players. You tend to get what you pay for in F2P games.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    For F2P games, with what you're asking for, that also have decent F2P models, there's Rift, Aion, and SWTOR (though SWTOR can be a bit restrictive to free players).
  • MrNeoAndersonMrNeoAnderson Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Virhven
    I prefer F2P games...
    Go ahead and try Firefall! It's damn worth it, it's not pay to win,
  • DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85

What about SWTOR? Questing in a group is a good amount of fun with randomly spattered Heroic areas that need a group. The pvp is pretty damn fun, crafting is pretty well laid out, and dungeons are all pretty interesting.

Guilds are good for rep boosts and xp boosts right now, but the next patch is adding guild starships that the guild has to work together to unlock new areas of the ship and I also read something about assaulting planets, but I don't know much about that.

All in all, SWTOR is a pretty good FTP game, my only complaint is the talent trees are like old school WoW, so fairly boring for the most part (+2% chance to hit, etc etc), though the abilities you get from the talent trees are game changers.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    SWTOR has a lot of what you are looking for, but can be rather... restrictive to free players. You tend to get what you pay for in F2P glames.

Yep, it does have the things he's looking for.

Though the F2P probably isn't that bad if you're not used to having the sub model. (Like those of us who've been around since before the conversion)

I do see a lot of them after all, so they must be managing it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Derivative

What about SWTOR? Questing in a group is a good amount of fun with randomly spattered Heroic areas that need a group. The pvp is pretty damn fun, crafting is pretty well laid out, and dungeons are all pretty interesting.

Guilds are good for rep boosts and xp boosts right now, but the next patch is adding guild starships that the guild has to work together to unlock new areas of the ship and I also read something about assaulting planets, but I don't know much about that.

All in all, SWTOR is a pretty good FTP game, my only complaint is the talent trees are like old school WoW, so fairly boring for the most part (+2% chance to hit, etc etc), though the abilities you get from the talent trees are game changers.

There's a thread about the guild ships on the swtor forums here. I believe it has the links to the Guild Planetary Conquest.

Part of what will be needed for the ship upgrades will be tokens that are dropped from "Commanders" - which will apparently take 8-10 people to take down according to the last twitch stream. So I'm guessing they'll be on par with World Bosses when it comes down to strength (which is another fun thing to do with friends - hunt down every world boss).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• jjddgguzmanjjddgguzman Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by MrNeoAnderson
    Originally posted by Virhven
    I prefer F2P games...
    Go ahead and try Firefall! It's damn worth it, it's not pay to win,

seconded, I tried and am totally playing the hell out of it, quite enjoyable I must say.

• ethanmatthewsethanmatthews Member Posts: 9
    yeah good game that is actually free, purchase when ready!
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Could try Albion Online, but atm there is no current Alpha going on. The next one starts in September. All servers are wiped and people start fresh.

More info below.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• bernicerhodesbernicerhodes Member Posts: 11
    recommended by a friend: Firefall recently launched so yeah its fresh as a baby
  • grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

try something new and different. 

atlantica online http://atlantica.nexon.net

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by grindingamer

try something new and different. 

atlantica online http://atlantica.nexon.net

Every time I see your user name I know it's gonna be a post about Atlantica. You have 54 posts on the forums, and every single one of them is about Atlantica. We get it, you're a shill, but a good shill at least tries to post about other things to be less obvious. Also, you're not fooling anyone with your alt accounts true_gaming and DarsVeidas.

• ethanmatthewsethanmatthews Member Posts: 9
    another account?
  • reygatdula11reygatdula11 Member Posts: 17

I'm currently  Wildstar and it seems to do the trick for me and my buddies. I've stumbled upon some nice alternatives in this thread, can't wait to try them out soon. Thanks guys!