Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WildStar: Defiling Convention

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Defile, WildStar’s 3rd monthly drop, has arrived on Carbine’s Public Test Realm, just as the heavy convention season gets underway. From regular class updates to significant housing improvements, columnist Gareth Harmer takes a look at what’s arriving in this update.

Read more of Gareth Harmer's WildStar: Defiling Convention.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Glad to see they are putting this up in PTR since their Sabotage drop fiasco.

they need all the testing time they can get!

pvp needs a major rehaul, and we need veteran shiphand missions! implemented ASAP!

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Seems like the game is still doing ok if they're continuing to push out content updates this regularly.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    Seems like the game is still doing ok if they're continuing to push out content updates this regularly.

they have a years worth of content.

the yjust need to workout the issues players face upon these releases and they should be fine.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    My server is dead...seriously..it's awful. I enjoy the game, but there is no one around to play with.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    nyce
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

Gaffney, if you are reading this, I would like to suggest either megaservers or a couple merges to fix the population issues for leveling players. I would also like to request a 10 man raid be made available for more casual raiders that might have real life preventing them from playing for 4 hours at a time.. like people with young children or long work hours for example. 

On topic, the game is really fun if not underrated. Really like the consistency of these drops, hope they fix the bugs first this time however. :D

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Really wish they'd increase the Architect crafting system by adding in dropped Blueprints to use, sell, and/or trade.   The only one found on the horizon is the one from the Defile vendor that sells for 12,000 Crafting Vouchers and is up there on the rep requirements; worse yet is that the recipe is of an item that the vendor sells for the lowest reputation tier for just plain gold.  Ya...ouch. 

Game is still fun.

Game is still enjoyable.

So far the year subscription well worth it.

• aikatearsaikatears Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

Gaffney, if you are reading this, I would like to suggest either megaservers or a couple merges to fix the population issues for leveling players. I would also like to request a 10 man raid be made available for more casual raiders that might have real life preventing them from playing for 4 hours at a time.. like people with young children or long work hours for example. 

On topic, the game is really fun if not underrated. Really like the consistency of these drops, hope they fix the bugs first this time however. :D

Unless They changed their mind, dont think we ever going to see 10 man raids...but anything goes so who knows.

Though I wouldnt be on the fourms if that ever happens...unless I had popcorn

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

NCsoft: to keep initiative high, give people who subscribe to Wildstar 2000 gems per month for use in GW2. I think it would get a lot of GW2 players to double-dabble. 

SOE in the past did things like this where you could get increased enjoyment out of several games from one central subscription. From everything I've heard Wildstar is a great game and there is no reason why it can't grow over time. What I would like to see in the future is MMORPGs growing over time instead of 1-2 million pre-orders and then reducing players. Eve is one of the few games that grew slowly over time. I want to see more of that! 

• DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    I wish they would give you the option to transfer from eu to us servers stuck on empty servers due to my work hours :(
  • LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    Is the game worth it? Playing Firefall F2P recently, looking for a subbed alternative. That's also sci-fi.
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I have yet to pay for anything other than the box on this game, the credd system makes this game so worth it.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• onemanwolfonemanwolf Member Posts: 20
    They will go to ten man raiding they have already mention it and as the reality keeps smacking them in the face they will change watch because having a job Carbine always out triumphs the desires of the unemployed hardcore gamer so you need to address the demands of hard working paying customer not the loser who is logged on game for 18 hours a day and demands the game be to hard for the folks that can play 3-4 hours we want to raid we pay to play and this is
  • onemanwolfonemanwolf Member Posts: 20
    I hope they can turn it around.
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I really enjoy the game, but I am not a hardcore raider, I am a PVEer and altoholic. So I like to just keep leveling more and more toons. Just plain questing is good enough for me, and I really like the addition of the shiphand missions, because they are basically mini-dungeons that you can solo. My biggest complaint right now is that my server population has dropped so low (or everyone is currently PVPing/raiding) that there is literally no one else around leveling like there was the first month. I rarely find someone to help me with the 2-man quests (and usually just end up soloing them a level or 2 later, which is fine) and the 3 or 5-man quests - forget about it! I really enjoy an active chat while I am questing, but there is never anyone in chat anymore. It seems more like a solo game than a "multiplayer" game anymore, which is sad. They need to merge some servers.
  • dosvalenciadosvalencia Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo
    Is the game worth it? Playing Firefall F2P recently, looking for a subbed alternative. That's also sci-fi.

It is, you can get a 1 month sub for starters. Funny you should ask that, as I'm looking totry Firefall myself on the other hand. What are the options for paying users for Firefall?

• jefflim902jefflim902 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by dosvalencia
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo

It is, you can get a 1 month sub for starters. Funny you should ask that, as I'm looking totry Firefall myself on the other hand. What are the options for paying users for Firefall?

a lot of hats! it's great actually haha!

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by onemanwolf
    They will go to ten man raiding they have already mention it and as the reality keeps smacking them in the face they will change watch because having a job Carbine always out triumphs the desires of the unemployed hardcore gamer so you need to address the demands of hard working paying customer not the loser who is logged on game for 18 hours a day and demands the game be to hard for the folks that can play 3-4 hours we want to raid we pay to play and this is à game not a job so it should be designed to meet all your customer hardcore and casual who have families and jobs and but want have access to raid content wake up I know you see people leaving the game so wake up remove your head from 4th point of contact or this game will go continue to lose player I have toons in three different guilds and all of them have 80% that haven't logged on in a month. Wake up! Oh and fire all your customer support people and hire some professionals this customer support is the worst I have ever seen they haven't fixed or even address my tickets. I wanted this game to replace WOW for me but my only hope now is Blizzard rights their ship and fixes WOW, not much hope there either. Maybe Destiny we fill the gap?

Punctuation... use it... just try saying this out loud without taking a breath unless you reach a punctuation mark.  Unless you can swim 3 lengths of a pool without going up for air, you're not going to be able to do it.  I don't know about you, but if I'm suffocating, I'm usually not paying attention to anything but my breathing.  No punctuation = no comprehension. 

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Originally posted by nbtscan

They had 12 months of patches under dev before launch and 18 months at least conceptually fleshed out.  This is something they had already said, so its no surprise they are pushing out stuff every month.  

I stopped playing when my sub ended July 3rd, only because I do not have the necessary time or social desire to find a guild to call home and raid since its really the only endgame for a PVE player.  Dungeons, world story, dallies, etc...all run of the mill crap I can find in any game, especially any game without a sub.  If thats all I wanted to do, I'll go back to GW2 and also throw WvW into that mix.  Im waiting for a game that offers a challenging instanced solo player content similar to raids in difficulty and loot(but not 20-40 man loot quality...something better than dungeon quality and less than 20-40man).  But there areno games that are willing to do this.  So I might be done with MMOs.

Warframe for me, along with some Diablo 3 until either something else tickles my fancy or I realize Im too old at age 30 to play video games.