Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Economy

How does the economy in this game function?

Is there an AH? Or is trading done simply by spamming? Or is there some other mechanism?

Are player-made items somewhat relevant in game?

How is the experience of gathering materials?

Are there numerous professions that are worthwhile? or are they just fluff?

Would love to hear your comments! Thank you.

Comments

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

From what I remember:

1, There is AH

2, You can craft really good gear even for high lvl with right one material. For example this cloak http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?lotrrecipe=1808 You need a scales for it. Looted from a chest in Draigoch's Lair after you have defeated Draigoch

3, There is lot of professions, where you need hard work on them to max them. Sure, they did some changes, so now its easiest, but you still have to earn it.

professions are http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Professions

I know there is lot people who doesn't think that, but personally I think, it's still one of the best MMORPG on the market. Another thing is, if you are hardcore player, you can make so much turbine points by playing, that you will never have to pay for anything.

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

There are AH all over middle earth.

Are they localized then, like EVE? While you can also search the entire market but have to travel to a certain location?

Or are all the AH's one global AH?

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by allday88
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Are they localized then, like EVE? While you can also search the entire market but have to travel to a certain location?

Global.

They also added that you can open mail anywhere in the world. It used to be you had to find a mailbox if something sold. Now you just click on the icon and your mail opens...just thought that kind of went with the ah only reason I mentioned it.

Thank you. Kind of bummed about the mail thing. I'd rather things have some sort of logical reason behind them. I'd love for an auction purchase not to be instant delivery as well haha

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Global.

They also added that you can open mail anywhere in the world. It used to be you had to find a mailbox if something sold. Now you just click on the icon and your mail opens...just thought that kind of went with the ah only reason I mentioned it.

Thank you. Kind of bummed about the mail thing. I'd rather things have some sort of logical reason behind them. I'd love for an auction purchase not to be instant delivery as well haha

I agree. I liked the anticipation of the Mailbox visit. It's like little birthdays over and over. At least before MMOs started telling you what was sold..in the case of the AH. I prefer to know only that there is a message.

Now in a sci-fi style game or even modern setting it's fine if moneys/credits are transferred direct.....but not physical items like AH purchases. Those you should still have to pick up from either a mailbox or warehouse/bank building.

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310

Global.

Pretty sure thats only an added feature for VIPs. Just added a few months ago though.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Tyserie answered mostly all in the second post, so just some addition to those links:

Economy: it's a bit borked, in the meaning of gold is pretty useless, and since the hobbit presents are in game the inflation is over the roof - on the positive side of it, there are no goldsellers. At least now, I don't know what will the World channel bring in the future...  :)

AH is global, with all the regular functions from other games. The mail change that was mentioned above is a recent one, and only for subscribers (and for them is optional too), the rest of the players still need to visit the nearest mailbox. Trade spamming is not common, most trade messages are either adverts ("Hi, just put xxx on AH, cheapest price") or freebies ("anyone needs this stuff? xxx.")

Player made items are relevant, especially the LI related stuff. Usually the top crafted items are close / on-par with the top dropped items.

Gathering can be pretty boring. But at least you get xp from crafting and gathering too - true, not very much.

7 professions, none of them is just fluff, all 7 can make great stuff even for endgame, if their crafting guild standing is high enough. Also useful for leveling and for helping out lower level friends.

• seerymartseerymart Member Posts: 1

I am very much interested about online games especially for lord of the rings. What are the general steps should I take to move complete the each level with best score? If anyone knows please share the information regarding this.

free typing games

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

Global.

You can only use mail in that way if you are VIP.