Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Labour points

Comments

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    Originally posted by Orgone

As a patron, I have been vocal in my attacks on this nonsense.

However, here's the perfect example.

Yesterday, sold stuff on AH, went to mailbox to get my gold

NO LABOUR POINTS

I needed labour point to open my mail, and had none.

this is just a bad joke now.

(oh noes, I didnt manage my 'allowance' of playtime', sad sad sad ruination of a great game)

And then 5 minutes later...

Also, you do realize that you only use LP to receive payment or items from the AH. So it is not so much you getting charged for the mail as you are getting charged for using the auction house successfully. They do this because every single skill point you gain in any vocation depend directly on you using LP toward that vocation. In this case you are getting Commerce vocation skill points. Which will eventually allow you get a negotiation bonus from trade pack merchants, an AH discount and and a discount on the amount of labor you use making trade packs. If they take away the LP cost here they will also have to take away one of the ways you have of leveling your commerce.  I don't think that would hurt much but it is still good to realize that there is a reason for the way they have it now.

Lol, so suddently after 10 posts saying he is miss informing people, we find out it actually does cost LP to get AH items from mails.... 

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by jadzYa

NO LABOUR POINTS

(oh noes, I didnt manage my 'allowance' of playtime', sad sad sad ruination of a great game)

Also, you do realize that you only use LP to receive payment or items from the AH. So it is not so much you getting charged for the mail as you are getting charged for using the auction house successfully. They do this because every single skill point you gain in any vocation depend directly on you using LP toward that vocation. In this case you are getting Commerce vocation skill points. Which will eventually allow you get a negotiation bonus from trade pack merchants, an AH discount and and a discount on the amount of labor you use making trade packs. If they take away the LP cost here they will also have to take away one of the ways you have of leveling your commerce.  I don't think that would hurt much but it is still good to realize that there is a reason for the way they have it now.

Lol, so suddently after 10 posts saying he is miss informing people, we find out it actually does cost LP to get AH items from mails.... 

Well not to be too technical... but he did misinform... he said "I needed labour point to open my mail" not "I needed labour point to redeem mail attachments".

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

hey another thread about labor points when trion already said they are currently working on redoing the labor system in some ways.......so pathetic those i wont play because X in a beta when the game is changing with each version.

noobs

• CristianoDiazCristianoDiaz Member UncommonPosts: 7
    The LP system in Archeage seems annoyingly close to the energy bullshit you find in FB and mobile games. I understand the purpose, but it definitely needs a revamp.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

NO LABOUR POINTS

Also, you do realize that you only use LP to receive payment or items from the AH. So it is not so much you getting charged for the mail as you are getting charged for using the auction house successfully. They do this because every single skill point you gain in any vocation depend directly on you using LP toward that vocation. In this case you are getting Commerce vocation skill points. Which will eventually allow you get a negotiation bonus from trade pack merchants, an AH discount and and a discount on the amount of labor you use making trade packs. If they take away he LP cost here they will also have to take away one of the ways you have of leveling your commerce.  I don't think that would hurt much but it is still good to realize that there is a reason for the way they have it now.

Ah, so it was ignorance the OP was experiencing, yep, that explains why I just tested sending emails to myself with and without items attached, and did not expend any LP's in either the sending or the opening/download of items.

Good to know how it really works, though I can't imagine 1 LP being a big deal for anyone.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

"Just now I wanted to put up things on the AH and fuck they wanted money for that! I spent all my money shopping and crafting and I want to be able to sell things when >> I << want!!!!!! Fucking dictatorship to make me manage resources in a GAME!!! Hell! Games should be running automatically without me having to take decisions. [mod edit]

Same texts can be made with HP, Mana or any other manageable resource in any game out there.

But I guess you are too deeply entrenched now and will never stop to bitch about non issues.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Why would you post this when it is so easy for anyone who is playing to check on for its veracity ? 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Why would you post this when it is so easy for anyone who is playing to check on for its veracity ? 

Most probably because the OP believed that he was right when he made the original post, and then subsequently realised that he'd made a huge fool of himself, but is now too proud to admit it ?

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by kitarad

Because those who don't have access to the game don't know it and apparently OP wanted to throw some flame because..well ask him why.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, I see the P2W attack has switched-up to a new phase:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?24748-Labor-Pots-Aren-t-Pay2win...-Multiple-Accounts-is

Of course, if you run 5 patron accounts and buy the max labour pots for all of them every day, a nuclear holocaust ensues...

But why stop there ? With 20 or 30 Patron accounts you could own a significant chunk of the server...

I think it will become apparent at some point that the only way that Archeage can NOT be "P2W" is if the game is shut down completely ! image

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I played about 4 hours last night.

NO LP to open mail, but it does cost 1 LP to get $ out of the mail if you sold something on the ah.

I farmed and made potions non stop last night for the better part of 4 hours and NEVER dipped below 4k LP.

Granted this is w/ the 20LP recovery rate, but still.

LP has NOT been an issue for me & probably won't be for most.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

seen some retard stuff in mmorpgs but tis labor system takes a cake xD

want open mail? wait 5 min, want open that coin pocked from mob? wait 5 min.

Originally posted by Arskaaa

I just said:

NO LP to open mail. 

Originally posted by vidiotking

I just said:

NO LP to open mail. 

There's no point... it only takes a few gulibles and one malicious individual to spread misinformation like this. You are better off starting a "Common myths about Archeage" thread and keep it on target and supply sources, videos, references to back you up. That way the asshats and those who believe everything they read online on a forum cannot say otherwise.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Need to officially flag these types of Labor Point threads with the beating a dead horse photo.

Seriously guys, get over it, learn to manage your labor points, buy some potions from the cash shop, or ....just don't play the darn game.

It's not even learning to micro manage any more...

This guy is flat out lying, there is no LP cost for opening mail.

And that is the current issue with the LP system. Only people who've played the foreign versions, or dropped $150 for alpha access have extensive experience with it.

From an outsiders perspective it DOES sound like a FarmVille style, money grab energy-esque system. All we have is the words of others. Some say one thing, some say another.

There was poster,  the other day who had played the Korean and the Russia for quite sometime. He likes the game. The issue that he brought up with LPs was very real though when it comes to gear. Here is his post.

stealth977

"1 - The game is highly gear dependent. Meaning anyone with 1 tier higher gear (there are gear types of course, again talking about right gear combination with 1 tier difference) would be able to solo multiple opponents who are 1 tier lower. This gets exponentially annoying as the gear tier difference increases...

2 - Gear crafting is highly dependent on RNG. You will be crafting hundreds of items to get only one good higher tier gear, multiply it a hundred times more to get the next tier. Even if you had the gold to buy the components from AH, the labor points you would need is enormous.... So good items are too rare and the price of good items are thousands of gold...

3 - Apart from being the most important element of crafting, Labor Points are the best source of income. When I was playing AA, on the server I was on, you could get as much as 10 gold per 100 LP. Compare this with roughly 1 gold per hour from mob grind drops...

4 - Again on my server a player would find himself earning an average of 100 gold per day from his grinds and trade runs and crafting where a t1 armor piece would cost him 200 gold and a t2 armor piece costing 1000+g and a t3 piece costing 15000+g!!

So now lets calculate: If you are FTP you would earn like 20g per day on my server and get a T1 set in 2 months, a T2 set in 2 years and probably a T3 set when you are a grandpa. Again if you were a Patron, you would get a T1 set in 10 days, a T2 set in 3-4 months and a T3 set in couple of years.

Now, if you BUY LP potions, use them to craft or as source of income you can get 1000g per day and buy a T1 set in a day, a T2 set in a week and a T3 set in few months (assuming you cant buy it from another player using RMT which would be way cheaper =P)

As you can see, it is next to impossible for a FTP to get any gear other than T1 and highly unlikely for a Patron to get any gear higher than T2, but a paying customer (by paying i mean RMT) can get his/her T1/T2 in no time and will most likely be walking in T3 gear in very short time, and if not highly unskilled, he would be crushing his lower gear opponents in bunches like a bull...

Here I dont want to talk about groups of people who would insta-level and insta-gear themselves in the first few days after launch and take control of the most important routes/points of the game earning them a HUGE advantage over other guilds simply by PAYING.

Now you decide if the Cash Shop is P2W or not.... 

Up until this post, I too felt people were overreacting, having played Wushu which required energy for crafting. Energy was only for crating though.  I thought AAs LPs probably were the same. Is there someone to say that LPs and gear do not work like this? If not, people reactions could be considered justified.  

Ok.. just some calculations.

Patron LP - Online 10/5 min, Offline 5/5 min. Per day 2880 Online or 1440 Offline. Usually (3hr Online/day) 1620 LP/day.

Comparsion to max LP(someone using bots to stay online 24/7 and buys/uses every 12 hours a LP Pot; the current limitation of using lp pots) - 2880 LP(from staying online) + 2000 LP(for buying 2 LP pots a day) = 4880 LP/day.

And just for the sake of it, take the numbers of those post you quoted.

Money earned from LP - 10 g/100LP

Money earned farming: 1g /h

Other means of earning money without LP, like killing the Kraken?

Now for the sake of simplicity take only the money from LPs:

Normal player: 1620 LP -> 162g/day

extrem power gamer and spending 5$ a day for LP pots -> 488g/day

Though burning LP is not the only way to make good amount of money. Killing the kraken is another one.

Prices for Armor/piece

T1 - 200g

T2 - 1000g

T3 - 15000g

So let assume 100k g for a T3 set(T3 Level 50 Delphinad Set)

Normal player 617 days - money spend 20 month a 15$(sub) = 300$

Power gamer 205 days - 7 month worth of sub = 105$ + 5*205days(LP pots) = 1000+ $

Assuming there is no further crafting Tier increase both would equalized after 617 days of playtime.

However the difference between T2 & T3 is roughly 12-13% in stat increase. How much differnce is that in combat? Well.. there is a difference, that can not really be a question at all.

Those T2 would be equalized just after (7 pieces a 1000g with 162g/day income as normal player) 43 days.

I don't know if those numbers(income and value of armor) is correct, but nevertheless during the rushing phase(leveling to max level, level or gear, where everyone will be the same again) it is obv. of advantage to spend more money, or to invest more time, or both. And if it actually takes around 600 days for a "normal" player to reach that max level, and for a whale with a lot of time only 200 days.. he will be in advantage of 400 days.

By the way.. during the rushing phase you have this in any game, the difference may be if you spend money or time. And with every game with a cash shop you do have xp potions or similar stuff. Just in enough other games those rushing phase is rather limited, when even the most casual will be maxed(level&gear) in a few weeks/days.

However i doubt that with just one tier difference in gear you can beat multiply opponents(with only 13% stat increase). More like you get a little edge, and 1vs1 most probably a win. In group combat? 8vs8, one team T3 the other T2? Maybe T3 will win, but could the win against 10 players in T2 of similar skill? I doubt it somehow.

P2W is always a rather subjective term, especially in MMOs, but there should be no question that you could gain an advantage for some time, when you a willingly to spend a ton of money. And you could even spend more money, with more accounts, more pots and all.. maybe you could get your T3 char within 30 days, whereas the normal player got only T2 at that time.

But how many money and time need that one to spend? Almost playing 24/7(if it is even possible) and spending 5000$+ just to have a 12% stat advantage? 10 players of them need to spend 50k$ and playing 24/7 a month.. but could the actually beat 12-15 players in T2? Is it worth it? Well.. for me not.

But it is not deniable that you can buy you a time restricted advantage.

Anything else albeit from Gear with a significant effect? In comparsion to gear? Not really. T3 gear is the most valuable, most expensive, and the item with the most impact.

And that again is just another evidence that vertical progression and pvp doesn't work well together.. because at the end of the day it does not matter if time or money give you the advantage. In the end Time = money all the time.. if you can spend them directly ingame or if you have to hire 3 ppl playing actually 24/7 to get as fast as possible at the highest level. You will always have an edge and it is always(depending of the definition) P2W in any game with vertical progression.

Nevertheless i will most proably play ArcheAge.. because this 13% difference between T2 & T3 is not really that much, and T2 is for everyone reached soon enough.. so that i don't have to worry about difference. After all ArcheAge offers more than most recent releases.. at least more of what i do favor. Still i would prefer a system with no or almost no vertical progression.. a difference of 0.13% from T2 to T3 would be enough that some want it, but not enough to really make a big difference in combat. But that's me.

Originally posted by Dihoru

I just said:

NO LP to open mail. 

There's no point... it only takes a few gulibles and one malicious individual to spread misinformation like this. You are better off starting a "Common myths about Archeage" thread and keep it on target and supply sources, videos, references to back you up. That way the asshats and those who believe everything they read online on a forum cannot say otherwise.

I wish I had the time to do that. But I'm only on the forums while at work.

What's funny is, I'm only luke warm on AA. I like it, but I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread. But it bothers me SO much that people are just on here lying about the game. I mean, people are obviously just making stuff up.

People keep going on about LP and how restrictive/lame it is. How you can't get anything done because you'll run out of it.

Lies! 

I just said:

NO LP to open mail. 

I wish I had the time to do that. But I'm only on the forums while at work.

What's funny is, I'm only luke warm on AA. I like it, but I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread. But it bothers me SO much that people are just on here lying about the game. I mean, people are obviously just making stuff up.

People keep going on about LP and how restrictive/lame it is. How you can't get anything done because you'll run out of it.

Lies! 

Well then there's only two solutions:

1) Begin loving flamewars and enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of victory you get when you nail someone to the wall with their own ill-informed suppositions;

2) Convince the boss of mmorpg.com to hire you as a community informer (something which does not exist in the industry as far as I know) who gets paid decently to run around disproving myths and providing factual , unbiased as much as possible, information to the general public.

With one 1) though I gotta warn you... you will live long enough to become the troll as well -ignites his flamer- let me know if you have any interest in propane accessories tho.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Here is the best idea from some friends.

Get rid of Labor Points Delete this from the Entire Game.

Add a Time System to Everything crafted in game, allow it to be directly crafted from Storage.

So for example a person crafts 100 Wood Logs Each Log takes 10 seconds so it would be 1000 Second Crafting time for a stack of 100.

Add a limit to how much can be crafted when Offline for example Free users can craft lets say  5 items at once or 5 stacks of items while a premium user can craft more at once.

Give Premium users a Crafting Speed Bonus of like 20% for example.

Revamp Class System.

Allow Premium Members Unlimited (FREE) Resets so players can freely try out different builds its insane being stuck with certain ways on classes no ability to change skills or reset at level 5 if I want to experiment with something else.

Allow me to have lets say 3 Slots where I can put in different classes more can be bought from cash shop each slot allows up to 3 custom roles spec for PVP, PVE, Etc.

Until something like this is done, I have no plans to purchase a founders pack because honestly Black Desert looks like a better game anyways if they do things properly, should they make the changes I like and I see them in Beta I might buy the founders pack if I feel development is going in the right direction.

Originally posted by Renoaku

Here is the best idea from some friends.

Get rid of Labor Points Delete this from the Entire Game.

Add a Time System to Everything crafted in game, allow it to be directly crafted from Storage.

So for example a person crafts 100 Wood Logs Each Log takes 10 seconds so it would be 1000 Second Crafting time for a stack of 100.

Add a limit to how much can be crafted when Offline for example Free users can craft lets say  5 items at once or 5 stacks of items while a premium user can craft more at once.

Give Premium users a Crafting Speed Bonus of like 20% for example.

Revamp Class System.

Allow Premium Members Unlimited (FREE) Resets so players can freely try out different builds its insane being stuck with certain ways on classes no ability to change skills or reset at level 5 if I want to experiment with something else.

Allow me to have lets say 3 Slots where I can put in different classes more can be bought from cash shop each slot allows up to 3 custom roles spec for PVP, PVE, Etc.

Until something like this is done, I have no plans to purchase a founders pack because honestly Black Desert looks like a better game anyways if they do things properly, should they make the changes I like and I see them in Beta I might buy the founders pack if I feel development is going in the right direction.

So your friends want actual P2W and haven't played the game? (you can reset your class freely but you have to regrind the levels)

Sorry LP is staying because A) it isn't Trion's choice but XL's and B) it actually makes sense, stop trying to bend the system to suit your needs and adapt to it (considering you used the term friends in there that implies a group which in turn implies much more raw power to be exploited as a group rather than as single individuals... cause you know you're friends and you can pool resources and aid each other's road to your respective goals).

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?24748-Labor-Pots-Aren-t-Pay2win...-Multiple-Accounts-is

Of course, if you run 5 patron accounts and buy the max labour pots for all of them every day, a nuclear holocaust ensues...

But why stop there ? With 20 or 30 Patron accounts you could own a significant chunk of the server...

I think it will become apparent at some point that the only way that Archeage can NOT be "P2W" is if the game is shut down completely ! image

If I ever win a big lottery jackpot I'm just going to buy up an entire server and play only by myself with 10K accounts.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    How much LP does it cost to let one rip?
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

About 300 LP. You really, really, want to hold in those farts. If you have to let one go and can't hold it anymore, you can always buy Fart Certificates out of the in game cash shop. They are priced at 5 Farts per $20 US.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

You will need all of yours to come up with better misinformation.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

You will need all of yours to come up with better misinformation.

Humor.........

WHOOOOSHH!!!!!!!!

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Am organized guild with allot of members could easily do this thus giving them a large advantage over others that don't.

Being organized and working towards a common goal in itself is not an issue, but when that group can stack the odds even more, indirectly thru the expenditure of money, it has a tendency to be detrimental to the game. Specially when pvp is involved.