Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game will be huge in WEST

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I will play it when it will launch I think it looks great but I'd never pay 150$ for a beta, this is just ridiculous
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    I will play it when it will launch I think it looks great but I'd never pay 150$ for a beta, this is just ridiculous

The Silver pack is $50. I got it. Think its well worth it. The other packs are not. In MY Opinion.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by jadzYa
    Originally posted by ArcheAge2014

russian publishers are making a profit of $10 million dollars a year.

im sure west will be really really huge as well, and wow guilds are already talkign about aracheage so thats a good sign.

:D My gut feeling tells me trion hit a jackpot.

Not even a good troll. While the jackpot part may be true for quite a limited period of time, I really doubt about the overall long term success of the game. 

I so hope I'm wrong, but waay too many signs are pointing the other way...

Many people used to say that about EVE too....

• DrokkmonDrokkmon Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This game doesn't have invert y axis option. That's a complete joke.
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    It will cost you 10 labor points for me to tell you why it will be niche.
  • BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    No it won't.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    AA will be just another "also-ran" to add to the pile.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

No, no, it won't.

The LP thing is a perfect example of a crap cash shop funneling mechanic, that while tolerated in Asia, is hated by Western players.

It will get some buzz at 'launch" and quickly decline right after.

• FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Coming from someone with an Atari 2600 controller as an avatar, I'm not sure whether to take your statement seriously or not...

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by FirstKnight117
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Coming from someone with an Atari 2600 controller as an avatar, I'm not sure whether to take your statement seriously or not...

If you are going where I think you are, you are treading very close to seriously violating the TOS.

• Peajay123Peajay123 Member UncommonPosts: 30

This game will be 'niche' like Wildstar.

I've seen the  "This game isn't for you" argued too many times trying to defend all of this games flaws.

Labor points, patron+shop, unbalanced PVP, costs of losing things that take so much to create, generic combat, dated graphics, tax.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by observer

Ah, another "wow-killer".  I'm sorry, but this MMO still has those asian vibes in it.  Everything from art style, dialogue, and mobs, to character creation.  Western audiences never connect with asian MMOs, because of these differences.

It's also ridiculous to think this game will do well in the West.  Once the "shiny" wears off, people will realize how much the labor system is an epic failure.

I must have missed the memo but I wasn't aware that they made you the spokesperson for the Western audience.  There is nothing wrong with the art style and character creation in most Asian (it is capitalized, much like you capitalized Western) MMOs.  As a matter of fact Western made MMOs could learn a little something from Asian developers when it comes to style and character creation.  Some of the best style and character creation in MMOs are Asian developed (Ie., Aion, Perfect World, C9, Tera etc).  Now they may not be to YOUR liking, but that is YOUR subjective opinion.  Many of us in the Western audience like the style and character creation in Asian MMOS. 

That being said, I am by no means defending AA.  It's Open World PvP.  Its destiny is already sealed. 

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Karble
    I believe it will certainly draw a huge chunk of people to check it out upon release.After the free to play types realize they can't actually get EVERYTHING for free they will gripe and leave and then there will be a real number of subscribers left along with some die hard free to players or familied free to play players left.This number will then grow as news spreads that subscription gives you a great long term game in which you have more freedom that many regular themeparks and an oldschool vibe to it  (tab target combat).My guess is this game will attract the 25-45 age group of gamers that grew up with this style play and are looking for a game that gives them the freedoms to forge alliances, own a house and boat and really feel like a part of the gaming world. The twitchy finger trigger types that are into instant gratification and active block aimed target style combat will try and then adapt or move on to games that offer that type of gameplay.Time will tell. I hope ArcheAge has the right formula for years of good times. added:::  I think people that played WoW will understand the pvp since it has many similarities. Once you get past newb zones in WoW you get into contested territory and can kill or be killed. No big difference except the trade pack thing.

So this is WoW 2 then?

Well then i won't play it even if im payed.

Oh wait i will never play it it's pay2win i almost forgot.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

What a wit comment :D Very nice :)

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

LMFAO I dunno why that was so funny! hahaha

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Niche.   Nothing more.
    If by huge you mean WoW numbers... no, not easy enough to get into for that but if you mean huge as in finding a decent sized niche like EVE then it may just be. I hope it sticks its landing, retains its current F2P system and grows beyond its current following.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Its not a wow clone and its a pvp centered game.

It will do good, but it will not break records due to the nature of this mmo.

I have been waiting for an mmo like this that offers more then just a carrot on a stick wow clone that gets boring after 2 weeks.

Archeage is going to do great, but to say its going to be a sub monster ? nah there are to few hardcore players compared to carebears and casuals :)

And thats the reason why i am happy with Archeage, they dont give a fuck about casuals and carebears.

Dog eat dog world <3

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by Demrocks

I have been waiting for an mmo like this that offers more then just a carrot on a stick wow clone that gets boring after 2 weeks.

Archeage is going to do great, but to say its going to be a sub monster ? nah there are to few hardcore players compared to carebears and casuals :)

And thats the reason why i am happy with Archeage, they dont give a fuck about casuals and carebears.

Dog eat dog world <3

I disagree with you guys saying it won't do well because it's not a WoW clone.  All the wow-clones in the past 10 years have not done well, mainly I think because WoW exists.  Why play a clone when you can play the original?

Even you say you've been looking for something different.  So have A LOT of people, including myself.

Archeage was a top-seller on steam there for a bit and it's a freaking f2p game that's not even out yet.  That shows a lot of interest if nothing else.  Alpha servers are overcrowded apparently and you need to pay 150 bucks to even play on them on a character you know is going to get wiped.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by steelwind

I love these "I left the game because I don't want to wait till 30 to have fun" people.

First you don't have to wait.

Second, even if you disagree and take the 30 route.... Let me get this straight, a game that has extreme depth, that has the potencial to engage you measured in years not months, you going to forgo for a one time leveling experience? Leveling to 30 should only take a couple days and that is enough to write the game off? Wow, your loss!

If you can't handle leveling to 30 to see what the game has to offer (again I disagree), you most certainly wont handle the work it will take to be successful in the game long term.

I promise you the amount of time you'll spend (waste) with the endless search for you perfect game will far, far exceed the amount of time it will take you to get to 30 in AA. If it makes you feel better, enjoy your short-term, instant gratification MMO, that will bore you in a month, while we all find our new home in AA.

I have wondered the exact same thing Steel.    And I would much rather have a game that gets better, versus one that becomes a grind later on.   Screw the lazy bastards I say, it is their loss.

Well said!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Dog eat dog world <3

I disagree with you guys saying it won't do well because it's not a WoW clone.  All the wow-clones in the past 10 years have not done well, mainly I think because WoW exists.  Why play a clone when you can play the original?

Even you say you've been looking for something different.  So have A LOT of people, including myself.

Archeage was a top-seller on steam there for a bit and it's a freaking f2p game that's not even out yet.  That shows a lot of interest if nothing else.  Alpha servers are overcrowded apparently and you need to pay 150 bucks to even play on them on a character you know is going to get wiped.

Dont get me wrong Archeage will do pretty solid !

But due to the nature of open world pvp and posibility's to grief / prey the small and the weak it wont sell as good as most themeparks do.

That does not mean it will do bad ;)

I know its been selling like hot pototoes on Steam and trough Trion Worlds ! 

Its just the nature of Archeage that wont pull in the millions of people i think.

Sure i hope i am totaly wrong and it does just that ! beating the long standing mammoth of Blizzards World of Warcraft, but i dont think Archeage is that kind of mmo.

Still i will be playing this mmo for a long time as there is nothing even close to it and maybe just maybe it might even pull the jackpot over time.

Who knows where it ends with an mmo like this :)

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Dihoru

im sure west will be really really huge as well, and wow guilds are already talkign about aracheage so thats a good sign.

Not even a good troll. While the jackpot part may be true for quite a limited period of time, I really doubt about the overall long term success of the game. 

The difference is CCP owns EVE. Trion cant make any changes without permission from the Koreans ar XLgames.

Originally posted by Starbuck1771
    Originally posted by Dihoru

The difference is CCP owns EVE. Trion cant make any changes without permission from the Koreans ar XLgames.

They can say: Either you follow our lead or you can stuff it

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Niche, or Huge.. irrelevant?

All that are subjective terms. What is niche? EvE is called niche with 500k subs. And now get realistic.. ignore WoW and you don't have any other game with a lot more subs. ESO, SWTOR, most probably Wildstar do have 500k+ and freeloaders.. those games are the top(again ignoring WoW) of MMOs at the moment.. those games are huge.

But huge or niche are not really profitable... and profitable highly depends on how much do you invest. SWTOR with most probably above $300 million+ investment turns barely profitable at the moment. ESO and Wildstar invested both over $100 million will get most probably profitable, too. But huge financial success? Barely. EvE on the other side is already a huge financial success with CCP investing(in the beginning) around $20 million+.

ArcheAge as much as i know invested in the beginning around $30 million and most probably rising with further advertisement investment and development. But yeap.. 500k subs + some freeloaders would be a huge financial success.. and it would be huge in comparsion to all other competitors in the MMORPG market(again without WoW).

Is 500k subs realistic for ArcheAge? I don't know.. maybe in the beginning.. can they sustain that number? I don't know. We will see. However i guess even 200k subs would be huge in the case of ArcheAge as long as the can hold that number a few years. 200k subs or even 100k subs could be around $10 million profit a year. And who knows how much Trion invested for ArcheAge(licence + localization/advertisement cost).. but with even only $10 million revenue it could be very well rather healthy for ArcheAge. Wildstar or ESO with only that much revenue would be total financial failures.. but that's the point.

And about everyone dreaming of MMORPGs with 1 million+ subs.. get realistic.. even WoW got at the heydays a little above 3 million subs in the western market. And everyone should know by now that it was singular incident.

Sure.. some MMOs do have more players, freeloaders especially.. but subscribers are limited in any case.

I can not predict how huge ArcheAge will be, but i guess it will be profitable for Trion, and is most probably already profitable for XLGames. And yes.. it will not have WoW numbers.. not even close.. as any other MMORPG, too.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    It's only my prediction but after a couple of months only a few remember AA still exists. Friend who played did not have anything positive to say about it and he's been in MMOs for a very long time.