Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much for AA being disgusting P2W....

1235»

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by steelslinga

how the **** does cosmetics, mounts, crests, instruments, dyes and storage lead to a P2W post.

if you are crying over the crafting pots then you a special kind of retard all together.

just so you don't look like such a clown on the forums I will post a link to wtf P2W means.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

Directly from your definition:

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced.

So, Good job I guess proving that AA is P2W by Urban Dictionaries definition. Wow. Open mouth insert foot.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

how the **** does cosmetics, mounts, crests, instruments, dyes and storage lead to a P2W post.

if you are crying over the crafting pots then you a special kind of retard all together.

just so you don't look like such a clown on the forums I will post a link to wtf P2W means.....

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced.

So, Good job I guess proving that AA is P2W by Urban Dictionaries definition. Wow. Open mouth insert foot.

Yup. Its P2W.. You just won the internet.

Originally posted by Daxamar

Yup. Its P2W.. You just won the internet.

Do I get a crown or something? Or at least like a ribbon?

• Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61

THIS!

"Now I am not saying that is good or bad just pointing it out. But it would probably be better if more games actually failed and had to close up because then it would make the developers who are looking for the next cash grab to take pause and maybe make a game that MMO purists think is 'worth' playing and paying for."

• Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Arcane4176

These arguments have gone on far to long and will always go on because the point is NO VIDEO GAME should have a damn SHOP in it. You guys need to get off your computer for a minute and really think about this.

Your playing a GAME and it has a SHOP (SSSHHHOOOOPPPP) in it. This was unheard of and wouldn't fly back in the day and all of you who support these games are the ones who keep promoting it.

If the company doesn't have enough money to make a game without charging people for stupid shit they shouldn't be making a game in the first place. If they don't have enough subs to pay there employees or keep the games going then they need to shut them down instead of trying to keep them hanging on by a limb to milk people for every last drop before they shut it down anyways.

(Swg) (Vanguard) (Coh) (Free Realms) Get my point? These arguments are stupid and so are the people defending the "cash shop" bullshit and dont give me a bunch of lame ass reasons like well they have to make money somehow" Yea we all heard it before! Pay a sub play the game or don't play the game. Done Deal. Easy Fix.

Im sure 80% of people who play these f2p games go out and buy $60.00 games every month for their consoles and shit.

Pay your .50 a day or STFU and quit trying to make the ones who pay monthy support your habits.

Bad logic is bad. If NO game were allowed to have a cash shop then there wouldnt be a single one that would survive. Not even WoW because they dont have enough subs in NA and Europe to support hat game. Their 'cash shop' is the Asians and their miniscule hourly sub transactions and private servers.

But thats not the bad logic part the bad logic part is there are about a thousand MMOs out there that all stay in business and apparently make enough money to stay open. They all have some sort of cash shop and many are even outright pay to win. So regardless of what a lot of people think and say these games are open because they offer those options.

Now I am not saying that is good or bad just pointing it out. But it would probably be better if more games actually failed and had to close up because then it would make the developers who are looking for the next cash grab to take pause and maybe make a game that MMO purists think is 'worth' playing and paying for.

In the end MMOs are dead. People can argue that all they want. But the market is over saturated the players are burnt out and cynical and the developers release games that are half made and dont offer any long lasting playabilty (mostly by design). People want new and fast and furious not may 'modern' gamers stick with a game more than a few months no matter how good it is. Even WoW, the end all be all. The fraction of players who see everything in that game wouldnt fill a school bus. Yet when you ask people why they left their obvious answers are obvious. But if you ask them how much of the game they have seen and then ask them specific areas I suspect most would be less than 65% and many would be less than 50%.

So it isnt the MMOs at all its the people playing them and their revisionist ideas of what they have and havent done or seen and what a 'good' MMO should have or not have.

THIS!

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

Pvp stuffs is crafted. Those that can craft the stuffs faster will be at an advantage to monopolize the resource nodes thus keeping them ahead of the curve based on money invested.

How wide the gap will be, I don't know. But the fact there is a gap in a game with pvp doesn't usually end well for pvp games in the NA market.

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

Pvp stuffs is crafted. Those that can craft the stuffs faster will be at an advantage to monopolize the resource nodes thus keeping them ahead of the curve based on money invested.

How wide the gap will be, I don't know. But the fact there is a gap in a game with pvp doesn't usually end well for pvp games in the NA market.

If you are in newb gear and the other person is wearing BiS then maybe you have a point.

Some of you are acting like LP pots will mean others can have BiS by the time you are level 3 and camp all the nodes....pffft nonsense, many of you are deliberately taking things to the extreme in order to justify your opinion.

So what if someone drops a few quid on the shop and can craft stuff a bit quicker than you (or me)....

There is some form of gap in every single game that has PvP...every one of them. All we read about in PvE games is "boo hoo it's the gear gap" now its the crafting gap.....what about the time gap....are we next to force everyone to log in only for 2 hours a day in case those with masses of free time can get an advantage over the guy with a career and a wife and a family?

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

If you are in newb gear and the other person is wearing BiS then maybe you have a point.

Some of you are acting like LP pots will mean others can have BiS by the time you are level 3 and camp all the nodes....pffft nonsense, many of you are deliberately taking things to the extreme in order to justify your opinion.

So what if someone drops a few quid on the shop and can craft stuff a bit quicker than you (or me)....

There is some form of gap in every single game that has PvP...every one of them. All we read about in PvE games is "boo hoo it's the gear gap" now its the crafting gap.....what about the time gap....are we next to force everyone to log in only for 2 hours a day in case those with masses of free time can get an advantage over the guy with a career and a wife and a family?

The general thought of casual players to patrons of AA:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?24178-Am-i-the-only-one/page2

[QUOTE=Lightning;264924]

He shouldn't be playing this game. He should be playing games designed for casual play. ArcheAge is certainly not designed for that.

I don't get it, what do you "casual" people expect? To come here and play doll? Play Sims? Play Farmville? This is a game for people to dedicate themselves to and thrive by working hard to win. Get over it and if you don't like it, get the hell out.

And if he has a life outside of the game, I'm pretty sure he can afford Patron.[/QUOTE]

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by rodarin
    Originally posted by Arcane4176

These arguments have gone on far to long and will always go on because the point is NO VIDEO GAME should have a damn SHOP in it. You guys need to get off your computer for a minute and really think about this.

Your playing a GAME and it has a SHOP (SSSHHHOOOOPPPP) in it. This was unheard of and wouldn't fly back in the day and all of you who support these games are the ones who keep promoting it.

If the company doesn't have enough money to make a game without charging people for stupid shit they shouldn't be making a game in the first place. If they don't have enough subs to pay there employees or keep the games going then they need to shut them down instead of trying to keep them hanging on by a limb to milk people for every last drop before they shut it down anyways.

(Swg) (Vanguard) (Coh) (Free Realms) Get my point? These arguments are stupid and so are the people defending the "cash shop" bullshit and dont give me a bunch of lame ass reasons like well they have to make money somehow" Yea we all heard it before! Pay a sub play the game or don't play the game. Done Deal. Easy Fix.

Im sure 80% of people who play these f2p games go out and buy $60.00 games every month for their consoles and shit.

Pay your .50 a day or STFU and quit trying to make the ones who pay monthy support your habits.

Bad logic is bad. If NO game were allowed to have a cash shop then there wouldnt be a single one that would survive. Not even WoW because they dont have enough subs in NA and Europe to support hat game. Their 'cash shop' is the Asians and their miniscule hourly sub transactions and private servers.

But thats not the bad logic part the bad logic part is there are about a thousand MMOs out there that all stay in business and apparently make enough money to stay open. They all have some sort of cash shop and many are even outright pay to win. So regardless of what a lot of people think and say these games are open because they offer those options.

Now I am not saying that is good or bad just pointing it out. But it would probably be better if more games actually failed and had to close up because then it would make the developers who are looking for the next cash grab to take pause and maybe make a game that MMO purists think is 'worth' playing and paying for.

In the end MMOs are dead. People can argue that all they want. But the market is over saturated the players are burnt out and cynical and the developers release games that are half made and dont offer any long lasting playabilty (mostly by design). People want new and fast and furious not may 'modern' gamers stick with a game more than a few months no matter how good it is. Even WoW, the end all be all. The fraction of players who see everything in that game wouldnt fill a school bus. Yet when you ask people why they left their obvious answers are obvious. But if you ask them how much of the game they have seen and then ask them specific areas I suspect most would be less than 65% and many would be less than 50%.

So it isnt the MMOs at all its the people playing them and their revisionist ideas of what they have and havent done or seen and what a 'good' MMO should have or not have.

Despite that I agree with the rest of the post, claiming that no game can survive without a cash shop is also bad logic. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    N/A Dupe
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Despite that I agree with the rest of the post, claiming that no game can survive without a cash shop is also bad logic. 

Hard to say its been so long since a sub only game was released we dont know. I know none exist right now and even the biggest named ones all have some sort of cash shop items and arent relying solely on subscriptions. Not sure about Wildstar but I doubt it lasts longs a sub only game, if it was even released as one.

Bottomline is these arguments are useles because people are going to play games they like and pay whatever theyre charged until they stop liking the game or get bored or find out it isnt as good as they thought t was.

SWG is free to play that was also the biggest selling and most played game released in the past decade, they made a palnned move to free to play despite claiming a couple million subscribers. I would certainly say that the SWG model is much more of a 'pay to win' one than Archeage is, yet SWG has more people playing it now than when it was sub only. So people will play games that others think are pay to win if they enjoy them. One could also say that SWG being more P2W is 'worse' than Archeage being pay to win (supposedly) because its a bigger name a bigger developer and the top selling MMO next to WoW.

In the end who gives a shit. I will play AA until I am bored I prepaid my 3 months and if I like it after that will buy APEX and  use in game cash to continue to play it.

MMOs are nearly serious enough these days to worry about other people gaining an advantage. Gus that live and die by what other people are doing faster than them or buying their way to a 'better' result need to re-evaluate their lives.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

I doubt a paying player one who subs and plays moderating his time in game and planning the use of the resources will have an issue. This will be a problem only with players who play upwards of  3-4 hours. What this game does is makes even subscription based players take a break and force them to stop unless they are willing to spend more real money. An interesting way to force people to play less and thereby stop the content locusts from eating up content.

I feel this system should be used more perhaps in other games too. It will make games last longer and the population advance slower.

Chamber of Chains
  • ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

rofl.... the stupidity of archage fanboys seem endless. you srsly defend such ingame purchases?

i need to make an mmo to milk your wallets. seems pretty easy.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Hmm strange to read these pay to win arguments.

You can sell your crafted gear for gold without ever crafting it yourself.

Most normal guilds will have dedicated gear crafters to gear their guild up.

Maybe stop playing this mmo solo instead of being a poor poverty boy ranting about getting everything handed to you for free.

Join a guild a good guild and gear will be a non issue.

oops i just murdered the whole 80000000 QQ post about pay to win oO ? damn....

• delta9delta9 Member UncommonPosts: 358
    I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I and most of my friends that play MMO's consider SWToR heavily P2W. I do have a buddy that still really enjoys SWToR though either way. It's just one of those things. Some people are going to consider cosmetics as P2W, for them the entire game and progression is how their character looks. I'm more concerned about the LP pots and Tax Certificates, I can live with the boosts and cosmetic stuff personally.

p2w is not cosmetic changes, in fact that is the exact opposite of p2w - that is fact and simply not in the eye of the beholder, but if you want to use terms incorrectly carry on :)

Originally posted by delta9
    Originally posted by Aeonblades I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I and most of my friends that play MMO's consider SWToR heavily P2W. I do have a buddy that still really enjoys SWToR though either way. It's just one of those things. Some people are going to consider cosmetics as P2W, for them the entire game and progression is how their character looks. I'm more concerned about the LP pots and Tax Certificates, I can live with the boosts and cosmetic stuff personally.

p2w is not cosmetic changes, in fact that is the exact opposite of p2w - that is fact and simply not in the eye of the beholder, but if you want to use terms incorrectly carry on :)

It's impossible to use a term incorrectly that has a different definition from player to player. I do appreciate the heads up and your concern though.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Originally posted by delta9

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I and most of my friends that play MMO's consider SWToR heavily P2W. I do have a buddy that still really enjoys SWToR though either way. It's just one of those things. Some people are going to consider cosmetics as P2W, for them the entire game and progression is how their character looks. I'm more concerned about the LP pots and Tax Certificates, I can live with the boosts and cosmetic stuff personally.

It's impossible to use a term incorrectly that has a different definition from player to player. I do appreciate the heads up and your concern though.

Not so much the definition of the term to the player as how players define their end goals in the game (if it is looking like a fabulous bastard then cosmetics are P2W for that person).