Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another one bites the dust: Welcome to NotsoWoWStar.

0effort0effort Member Posts: 103

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/105497-attunement-killed-end-game-original-post-here/page-23

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/102416-any-word-on-server-merges/

We know their numbers are bleeding. We know that many subs are unsubbing. We know quite a few of servers are empty or "ghost towns". We know this game was forced and rushed to release earlier. We know the PVP community is like the GW2 TPVP community; dead. We know this game suffers the amount of bugs not expected for a sub. 

Shame. I genuinely thought WildStar would be the one to charm the WoW crowd and move things more forward from there. 

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I'd been toying with the idea of getting the game, but having read feedback on other forums as well as here, I don't think I'll bother.

When server merges start getting mentioned this early on it's a very bad sign indeed.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

"We know this game suffers the amount of bugs not expected for a sub."

We do? 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I haven't seen any official numbers of players, so I don't know how the game is doing. I'm sure that there will be people in this thread who say the game is doing fine and it's full of people wherever they go, even in the starting zones, etc. As always, some people will say "the game is dying" and others will say "it's fine."  Inconclusive as always.

However, I have always thought that the emphasis on raiding (40-man, at that) and being hardcore would not serve this game well in today's market, if it every would have in the past. It is commonly said around this part of the internet that only a very small percentage of players ever participate in raiding at all, never mind 40-man raids. If that is what this game is really focused on, I don't think they will have a large population of players after the next 6 months or so.

If there is other stuff for people to do at "endgame" besides raiding, then the advertising should put more emphasis on it (housing, crafting, pvp, whatever long-term subscribers who are non-raiders do in WoW).

So if the game is not doing as well as expected in terms of population, I think it would be because of its emphasis on hardcore raiding even more so than bugs or whatever else.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    We also know there are tons of whiny mmo gamers that expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter so they don't have to put any effort into accomplishments in game.  Wildstar is a lot of fun but it does have some challenging content and post easy mode world of warcraft mmo gamers just cant handle challenging content.  Yes it does have some bugs, none of them are gamebreaking though and are being worked on.  Every single game including everyone's beloved wow had bugs that took years to work out sometimes, yet now a days people expect games to release without any problems whatsoever.  It just doesn't happen, it never has and it never will. 
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

I'd been toying with the idea of getting the game, but having read feedback on other forums as well as here, I don't think I'll bother.

When server merges start getting mentioned this early on it's a very bad sign indeed.

I don't play the game, however I'm aware that they added a bunch of servers right after launch to alleviate queue times instead of making people wait until things died down before they were able to play. 

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Only numbers we have so far are saying that Wildstar is being played more than most other PC games at the moment. So thanks for playing.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by d_20

I haven't seen any official numbers of players, so I don't know how the game is doing. I'm sure that there will be people in this thread who say the game is doing fine and it's full of people wherever they go, even in the starting zones, etc. As always, some people will say "the game is dying" and others will say "it's fine."  Inconclusive as always.

However, I have always thought that the emphasis on raiding (40-man, at that) and being hardcore would not serve this game well in today's market, if it every would have in the past. It is commonly said around this part of the internet that only a very small percentage of players ever participate in raiding at all, never mind 40-man raids. If that is what this game is really focused on, I don't think they will have a large population of players after the next 6 months or so.

If there is other stuff for people to do at "endgame" besides raiding, then the advertising should put more emphasis on it (housing, crafting, pvp, whatever long-term subscribers who are non-raiders do in WoW).

So if the game is not doing as well as expected in terms of population, I think it would be because of its emphasis on hardcore raiding even more so than bugs or whatever else.

Well, as everyone knows, vgchartz.com is super reliable and highly accurate. However, as an apples-to-apples comparison Wildstar shows just 10% of the week 1 sales compared to ESO 

Regardless of the stick, the measure isn't promising. There is no shortage of message about empty servers, etc. I tend to agree that the "hardcore" thing may have hurt them. I mean if someone truly is "hardcore" chances are they are already seriously invested in some other game. They really should have made a game with a progressive difficulty ramp with a top tier that's "near impossible" and then appealed to casual and hardcore games alike. 

I really hope that they have a F2P model on stand-by and they don't just shit-can the game like they did with CoH. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Originally posted by 0effort
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/105497-attunement-killed-end-game-original-post-here/page-23https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/102416-any-word-on-server-merges/We know their numbers are bleeding. We know that many subs are unsubbing. We know quite a few of servers are empty or "ghost towns". We know this game was forced and rushed to release earlier. We know the PVP community is like the GW2 TPVP community; dead. We know this game suffers the amount of bugs not expected for a sub. Shame. I genuinely thought WildStar would be the one to charm the WoW crowd and move things more forward from there.  

It really is a shame, but I do retain hope that Carbine can pull this one out of the fire before it burns to a crisp completely.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Moved this to the proper forum. Locking because there are threads about the game's population and this post title and content are written to be baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.