Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So CB3 Starts Thursday

gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Next week :(

why no simple "paste a link" on this site

Let the beta key hunt begin!

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by gatheris

Next week :(

why no simple "paste a link" on this site

Let the beta key hunt begin!

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/08/producer-letter-sailing-through-beta/

There ya go !

Interesting little titbit near the end of that news piece:

"The feedback from our tests has been really solid and we’re focusing on the best ways to improve the gameplay experience for free players. Some of that relief will arrive when APEX is introduced and we’re now also we’re working with XLGAMES to remove the labor cost for opening quest rewards in a future update as well."

So the only real upcoming change to the LP system is that quest rewards may not require LP to open. Loot drops and everything else will still require LP. I'm not surprised at all, I didn't think XLGames would make that many changes.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    If they do remove the labor cost for opening quest rewards then that will most likely sell it for me.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by cerulean2012
    If they do remove the labor cost for opening quest rewards then that will most likely sell it for me.

You won't play AA unless you can save like 200 LP (total) on opening quest rewards ? Unless it changes radically at higher levels, you'll be spending 4-8 LP or so every 3-4 levels opening quest rewards, which are either armour or a weapon....

Perhaps I'm missing something here ?

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

You won't play AA unless you can save like 200 LP (total) on opening quest rewards ? Unless it changes radically at higher levels, you'll be spending 4-8 LP or so every 3-4 levels opening quest rewards, which are either armour or a weapon....

Perhaps I'm missing something here ?

Actually it's 5 lp every piece; gear is made of 6 slots + weapon/s= 35/40 LPs. But yeah not much.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    its a beta TEST, they said several times the labor system is subject to change. Pretty high chance that they remove labor from identifieng items
  • DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Scambug

Disable LP system for patrons or remove LP pot from cash shop.

One or the other. Otherwise I'm not touching this game.

Eww and then have the auction filled with bots selling all their crap for 10% of its value making crafting soshit it aint even worth it ?

No thanks i take labor system anyday above that crap.

I was making 60 gold on average a day with just selling stuff i had in adundance, and it payed me such good amounts of gold for 5 minutes work....

This would instandly vaporate with no labor system.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

"...also we’re working with XLGAMES to remove the labor cost for opening quest rewards in a future update as well"

YES.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

"...also we’re working with XLGAMES to remove the labor cost for opening quest rewards in a future update as well"

YES.

That's about 35-45 labor every three hours ?......

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Good to hear they are removing labor from opening quest rewards.

I hope they find the mob loot tables as well...as I think they have gone missing.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Been with AA since alpha started, great game. But I think it's in XLGames favor to listen to TRION to make the game succesful in the west, which is more than likely to happen. Curious how F2P will be once everything is said and done, think most of the concerns players are having right now will probably be resolved.
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Originally posted by Scambug
    Disable LP system for patrons or remove LP pot from cash shop. One or the other. Otherwise I'm not touching this game.  

Eww and then have the auction filled with bots selling all their crap for 10% of its value making crafting soshit it aint even worth it ?

No thanks i take labor system anyday above that crap.

I was making 60 gold on average a day with just selling stuff i had in adundance, and it payed me such good amounts of gold for 5 minutes work....

This would instandly vaporate with no labor system.

Yeah, I agree.

I actually really like the LP system the way it is now.

That pay wall is going to keep out a lot of griefers and bots. If it stops a bunch of freeloaders too, oh well...
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    But patrons aren't freeloaders.  I don't think you are addressing the actual suggestion or ramifications of it. 
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

As much as I would like to see the game go live ASAP it does need some tweaks here and there and it seems to be getting them. I have noticed a slight increase in Archeum drops

I miss DAoC

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Awesome news. Just read this on there site, and now on here! Woot woot!

Im trying out a new build for myself, plus I would just like to play the dammed game. LOL

Good to hear they are listening. Not that I have a problem with LP, but if it helps the game. All the better.

Im on the fence on a wipe. They said they arent goin to wipe, but Im kinda hoping they have one.

On second thought, Naw. The starting areas last beta sucked bad . :)

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    But patrons aren't freeloaders.  I don't think you are addressing the actual suggestion or ramifications of it. 

But  neither are most F2P players this is where guys like you stick your foot in your mouths. That would be like saying all patrons are elitists which also is not true.