Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character models and sound effects...

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Why were these two always overlooked by SOE? The character models have always been bad, I remember complaining about them in beta, especially when they patched the Human female to look like a drug addict. All these years later SOE have not touched them and I do not understand why, they were the biggest complaint I heard from everyone; if you cannot get attached to your character, your RPG is screwed ...

Also why is everything so echoey? Nothing sounds natural in EQ2, it is hard to explain but it is obvious everything was recorded in a studio, it doesn't sound like it could actually be in the locations in the game. Why are footsteps so loud? Even when turned down, they do not match their location, they sound off. Melee hits out in open fields sound like you're hitting someone in a recording studio with it echoing around. I just found the sound to be really weird, it could be amazing at times, but more than not it sounded real bad. 

Just two things that bothered me, it's a shame as the music is just amazing.

Comments

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Agree.

If they did a major revamp of the character models and re organise the quest flow, it would be in my top 3 MMO's.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I agree. One of my biggest turn off in MMO are character models and animations, however EQ2, imo does such a good job at making you feel like you are in a huge world, all the collections, housing, class depth, etc that I usually never notice the animations in this game. I dont' say this to nay say, I wish SoE would redo the models. I know when they redid the models in EQ1, it was a big boon for that time. It drew a lot of people. Who know's what they will do with all the work being done with EQ:N. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    The character models (I used the SOGO(?) models) and the animations were the best part of the game in my opinion. It has been awhile since I played, but when I played, I really liked them.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com