Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I left EVE -- and why you shouldn't bother with this game.

15678911»

Comments

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Thane

funny how people play a game, then make THEIR personal experience, and think everyone else has to feel the same way.

for the record, some people actually like open pvp. that's what eve is about.

you got ganked? awwww, yea, welcome to eve, that's why you insure you ships, and that is the reason you do not fly ANY ship you cannot afford to lose.

you start to play a game after what, 10 years and now think YOUR opinion is the one that matters?

people play this game for ages. your post is not the first of it's kind, and will neither be the last.

and eve never gave a damn.

the problem is not that "The problem CCP refuses to deal with is that games need to evolve", but rather that THAT IS A FEATURE OF EVE.

the only sollution there is, don't play open pvp games if you don't like open pvp.

Eve will soon die. Too bad you don't have the stones to grief ion real life. Have a nice day.

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Just more confirmation of all I have ever heard about Eve. Only play the game if you want to get griefed and endlessly ganked and the game company doesn't give a damn. Anyone I ever spoke to who has played that game started out liking it then quit out of frustration of endlessly getting screwed over....wouldn't touch that thing if it was the only game in the world

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by tmann50

Just more confirmation of all I have ever heard about Eve. Only play the game if you want to get griefed and endlessly ganked and the game company doesn't give a damn.

Anyone I ever spoke to who has played that game started out liking it then quit out of frustration of endlessly getting screwed over....wouldn't touch that thing if it was the only game in the world

That's inaccurate but so are a lot of the "supporting" posts.

EVE has a well deserved brutal rep - very well deserved.  It is the type of game that attracts a rather vicious type of individual who envies those who can get away with abusing others -- in fairly large numbers but that is *NOT* the majority of the players.

Yes it still lives and will have a constant following as long as it maintains tolerance for feeding on grief.

As one person put it:  "It's just a game!  I don't see why people get so upset when others play like this..."

I replied:  "what is better to judge someone by?  What they must do for a living or what they CHOOSE to do for fun?"

What many choose to do is abuse others and this game lets them do it more than any other game out there.

Again, this is not the bulk of the players but it is closer to half of them than any other game you'll play.

The "sandbox" bullshit gets old fast.

Calling a litterbox a sandbox doesn't work for many and the fact that this or that group can shit all over others does not make it a sandbox - that makes it a fn' gross mess but what those who enjoy crapping on others call a "great sandbox game!" - because they can mess up another person's day.

It's designed to feed that darker element in people and the "no death" style of the game means "good guys" can *NEVER* win being as they can never really stop the nasty ones.  

The positive feedback one gets from beating down "evil" never happens being as you can only grant a very small temporary pause to the abuse whereas every single "griefing" feeds that corrupt type person - so they only need one success out of every few tries to get their rush while that other side never succeeds in protecting fully.  It's a futile effort long-term.

In other words the game has a very corrupt theme to it that does pervert more healthy types towards more abusive modes of play the longer one plays.

So either people figure out how to ignore and avoid or they'll eventually get drawn into abuse of others for their "fun time" - so you have a lot of people that avoid those aspects of the game as much as possible - and still play it.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

l tried EVE multiple times. I always leave due to boredom.

In space... no one can hear you snore...