Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game...with a strong rp community?

I've been trying to play GW 2, and immersion is just not happening for me. At all. I've tried. The armor, the weapons and everything else, including the storyline doesn't appeal to me. I am not knocking the game, and I am happy it is doing as well as it is, but I simply am not interested. I am looking for something old school, preferably I'd like to time-travel and play Camelot Unchained as I'm certain that that's what I'm looking for.

Notes:-

D&D would be a plus.

Possibility of a long life-span, and not being SW Galaxy-d.

RP community or at least "nerds" for lack of a more commonly used phrase who are looking for the same immersion and escapism I am.

So far my list is quite short :-

DDO

Neverwinter

Path of Exile ( don't ask...it seems easy to just log in and slay things and possibly get a group together to RP with )

Diablo 3 ( same as the above ) 

Hopefully someone can help me...or get CUnchained to release NOW!

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Swtor's got a strong RP community. You can take a look here if you want more info on it: Swtor-RP

I don't have any experience with the US servers, but on the EU ones I've never noticed a shortage of RPers.

Ord Mantel tends to have military guilds making it their home base, while Tython has plenty of Jedi playing at the academy there. And of course Korriban's got the same for Sith. Hutta doesn't seem all that popular, though I've seen some shady mercs chatting it up there.

And of course Nar Shaddaa's a hot spot for both factions.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Swtor's got a strong RP community. You can take a look here if you want more info on it: Swtor-RP

I don't have any experience with the US servers, but on the EU ones I've never noticed a shortage of RPers.

Ord Mantel tends to have military guilds making it their home base, while Tython has plenty of Jedi playing at the academi there. And of course Korriban's got the same for Sith. Hutta doesn't seem all that popular, though I've seen some shady mercs chatting it up there.

I have to agree. Iv been around the block, from AO with guilds in the rompa room acting has barmaids and servers, to SWG and UO. I have yet to see RP as alive and active as I do in SWTOR. I guess there is something about star wars that really brings the "nerd" out of people. There are entire guilds of RPing Bounty Hunters on Ebon Hawk.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Ord Mantel tends to have military guilds making it their home base, while Tython has plenty of Jedi playing at the academi there. And of course Korriban's got the same for Sith. Hutta doesn't seem all that popular, though I've seen some shady mercs chatting it up there.

I have to agree. Iv been around the block, from AO with guilds in the rompa room acting has barmaids and servers, to SWG and UO. I have yet to see RP as alive and active as I do in SWTOR. I guess there is something about star wars that really brings the "nerd" out of people. There are entire guilds of RPing Bounty Hunters on Ebon Hawk.

Yeah, the Progenitor has some of those too. Usually made up of a mix of Mandalorians and regular mercs. I recall seeing some Mandalorian clans too, but I can't remember which server they were on (I think I saw them under the guild recruitment section).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    LOTRO, Landroval server!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

LotRO, Laurelin server.

Oh, from US... then Landroval, as the others said :)

• AinareeAinaree Member Posts: 1
    If you have no objections to playing an older game you might find some enjoyment in Neverwinter Nights. Players have invested years building server worlds that still see attention to this day. There are no subscription fees involved and the technology requirement is quite low. :)

I have found my fun over on a D&D Planescape-based server. You guys might remember Planescape Torment and this is one and the same thematically. It is quite the RP-heavy server but if you are interested, check it out over at http://sigil-planarlegends.com

There are also other servers to be found over at http://www.nwnlist.com/
  • gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Try this one. I've been playing this one for years. http://rohan.playrohan.com/LandingSite/2014Thanksgiving/
  • oOMOooOMOo Member Posts: 1

Rencently I played a game called Armor Blade, an amazing game. I love it. Recommend to everyone. :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/armor-blade/id782759884?mt=8

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    I personally love Achaea for the strong RP community. Im a guild-leader, I collect taxes from player-owned shops in my faction's city, and the admin is always running live RP events. The population is pretty big too.