Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Question about an older account...

BuddhafettBuddhafett Member Posts: 14
First I apologize if this is not the right Forum for this question. I have an old Warcraft account that I have not used in 6 yrs. Is it still available or has it been deleted. I went to the Blizzard Site but cannot find any information. Thanks for your help.

You can run all your life but, not go anywhere.

Comments

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Buddhafett
    First I apologize if this is not the right Forum for this question. I have an old Warcraft account that I have not used in 6 yrs. Is it still available or has it been deleted. I went to the Blizzard Site but cannot find any information. Thanks for your help.

There is no reason for it to have been deleted. Blizzard merged all accounts to battle.net in 2009, therefore your account username is no longer what it was 6 years ago, but is instead your battle.net ID (email address). As long as you have access to the email account you used when you intitally signed up, you should have no issues getting back into it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

The simple answer is

Yes, Blizzard have yet to delete accounts in good standing (accounts not banned)

The more complex answer is.

yes but you might have to contact support as old inactive accounts are the prime targets for people buying userdata. So there is a slight chance that your account have been hi-jacked and you will have to work with support to get it back.

But Blizzard have not deleted your account.

This have been a good conversation

• BuddhafettBuddhafett Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the help.

You can run all your life but, not go anywhere.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Your old World of Warcraft account still exists, but after Blizzard switched to Battle.net account management it's not accessible any more. To get access to the old account you need to:

1. Create a Battle.net account if you don't have one already

2. Log into account management

3. From under "Games and Codes" category, you'll find option "Merge a World of Warcraft account". Use this.

Afterwards you should have your old World of Warcraft account accessible from the Battle.net account you created.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Banned and perma-banned accounts are not deleted, they can, and have been restored.  There is only one way for an account to get deleted and it requires a physical letter from you directly to Blizzard.  Here is a Blue response:

Permaban on request. - Forums - World of Warcraft

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Mr.SeriousGuy
    Originally posted by tawess

The simple answer is

Yes, Blizzard have yet to delete accounts in good standing (accounts not banned)

The more complex answer is.

yes but you might have to contact support as old inactive accounts are the prime targets for people buying userdata. So there is a slight chance that your account have been hi-jacked and you will have to work with support to get it back.

But Blizzard have not deleted your account.

any account that was not linked to battlenet was deleted years ago most likely . users had been required to make a battelnet account and link them . any one who didn't by the dead line most likely lost their account . that was 4-5 years ago . maybe a year after that they still had peoples old accounts but now i doubt it . 

That is not true, please dont spread misinformation. Those accounts are just in limbo. Gold Sellers even sell these types of account because they are unmerged where you can put them on your battle.net account even though it doesnt belong to you, this doesnt work to much in the US because they actually look at the information and will later ban the account because they know it shouldnt be on there but EU accounts dont check as much and you can get away with linking accounts that dont belong to you.