Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Vanguard?

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225
Pantheon, maybe?  Wait out for that one?

Comments

• RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,122
    negative. if what you're looking for hasn't been made in past 15 years it won't be made in next 15.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Best bets would be EQ1 and EQ2. If you want similar gameplay with better visuals. Closest would be Rift, Anything else doesn't exist yet.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    negative. if what you're looking for hasn't been made in past 15 years it won't be made in next 15.

Vanguard was made in 2007. Check your math...

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,321

Well, thats the question I'm asking in this forum since ages ...

Pantheon doesnt look TOO awful but its not out anytime yet, and we wont get the awesome Vanguard classes back (no Disciple, no Blood Mage, no Necromancer, Dread Knight is completely different, Psi is completely different, ...).

Even worse, when I checked Pantheon out, they had discussions of limiting the number of abilities to 8 or 12.

Looking at the rest of the MMOs offered, I see no other MMO that focusses on awesomely made traditional classes either.

And without that, I kind of lack the incentive to play.

Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,115
    I'm leaning towards Shroud of the Avatar.
  • SkroflerSkrofler Member UncommonPosts: 4

Both Pantheon and Saga of Lucimia are miles away still. Even the Vanguard emulator will probably be in a playable state long before their release, I'm guessing around yuletide 2015.

But what to do until then? And don't answer EQ. I tried once and couldn't figure out which of the three polygons on screen represented my character. Graphics isn't everything, but it is something, and part of what made VG great was its stunning beauty.

• medniosmednios Member UncommonPosts: 7
    From my observation so far SotA is more like saloon game with very instanced gameplay. There is nothing from Vanguard's true epic feel and openess even close...
  • sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

I have been playing around a bit with everquest 1 after VG shut down, it has a similar feel to it with the open lands and dungeons, along with camps. They are opening a new progression server shortly here, which it what i'm really waiting for.

The repopulation is another I have high hopes for. It is still in alpha right now, but you can back it and play. It seems to be in a pretty enjoyable state already for an alpha

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202

www.project1999.com

and then Pantheon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Does anyone know if when Sony sold off there entertainment, if the rights to Vamguard went with it. And if so why could it not return ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Does anyone know if when Sony sold off there entertainment, if the rights to Vamguard went with it. And if so why could it not return ?

the rights went with SoE, and it won't return because it wasn't profitable. SoE closed the game several months before the company was even sold.

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    Best bets would be EQ1 and EQ2. If you want similar gameplay with better visuals. Closest would be Rift, Anything else doesn't exist yet.

EQ is launching a progression server this summer. Give that a try.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,321
    Pantheon has been changed now ... details are still VERY VERY foggy, but it looks like a pretty good successor of Vanguard now.

They said they "picked the best from EQ and Vanguard" and worked with that.
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member UncommonPosts: 2,126
    I am enjoying Darkfall... it is the only game out of a handful that I always group with other people while I play. Many MMORPGs are just solo games that you play with other people but Darkfall can be much more group oriented. Also, like Vanguard, there are no instances, so you will eventually get to know everyone..

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

Watch me play Darkfall and sometimes PVP in other MMORPGs on Twitch.

Darkfall has launched!!! MAY 5th!! Join before its too late!

Follow my RP blog here: http://riseofagon.blogspot.com/