Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any speculation or news on discounting the box price?

romanswinterromanswinter Member UncommonPosts: 74

This is not a troll post. 

I am genuinely interested in buying Wildstar, but after being burned on ESO for $70 and then seeing the price plummet, I am a little gun shy about forking over that kind of money for another game. 

Has there been any news or rumours about a significant price drop or sale on Wildstar? Thanks.

Comments

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    I was just at Target yesterday and it was $20.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    you could allways snag one of these if you want to try it out http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/547

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• romanswinterromanswinter Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Thanks! Ill check out my local Target this evening and see if they have the same deal. 
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    you could allways snag one of these if you want to try it out http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/547

I have tried it, and definitely want to get the full game experience at this point. 

Went to local Target and Walmart - both still charging $60 :( 
    Originally posted by romanswinter
    Went to local Target and Walmart - both still charging $60 :( 

Ya sorry, I went back today and realized the sale was for another game they just had it in the wrong spot...Sorry about that. 

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Use the 20% off code on GMG.

• StevonStevon Member UncommonPosts: 221
    They are ALREADY offering free 7 days you know discounted boxes are soon to follow.   Subscriptions have dropped dramatically.   
    Originally posted by Stevon
    They are ALREADY offering free 7 days you know discounted boxes are soon to follow.   Subscriptions have dropped dramatically.   

Um no. They offered 7 days since the beginning. Also WoW offered free time in the beginning, dont think they had a problem. Wildstar also has more hours played right now than ESO, which apparently has 775k...So ya.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Amazon uk has it on sell if that means anything.
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Yeah check out the forums on mmorpg.com plenty of speculation.
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    It's not worth even free and free2play, time is money so even free2play you will be spending time in it ef that ish.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion