Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Define this Game

ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

So what's changed?

How is the crafting? Are player made items the mainstay of the economy in the game, or?

Is there open world pvp? Or is it everyone against an AI?

Is there an "AH" per se where you can sell items without having to spam in a chat channel?

How in depth is the battleframe customization?

Haven't played this game in forever. I know the word sandbox got dropped around a little but It seems there have been many changes.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by DMKano

Its hard to define as the game has changed focus so many times over the last several years.

My favorite version was the more sandboxy one we had a while back, what Firefall is today is so much more constrained and on rails.

Firefall might be the most polished its ever been today, but its also the most boring iteration yet to me, shame such a disappointment.

Your milage may vary, obviously.

^Would agree with Kano full heartedly.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    removed for not being in-depth enough ... reply below
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

So what's changed?

a linear and much more vertical level progression has been added.

several major dynamic events have been removed (hopefully temporarily)

lots of voices storyline quests have been added.

How is the crafting? Are player made items the mainstay of the economy in the game, or?

the crafting is very extensive, but at the moment it all takes a s**t ton of resources and most people aren't bothering with it and just using mob drops.  seems like they'll need to make some adjusments to materials required, but the system is there and massive.

both exist.   i haven't gone to the open world pvp continent myself, nor likely ever will, since i play the game to PvE.

Is there an "AH" per se where you can sell items without having to spam in a chat channel?

yes, there is a market, accessible from anywhere.  i don't think you can auction things, but you can sell them.

the perk system added qutie a bit of options, since you can cross-use many perks from oher frames. there are also modules for weapons and frames that allow you to customize your loadout, all seems pretty good to me.

Haven't played this game in forever. I know the word sandbox got dropped around a little but It seems there have been many changes.

it was much more sandboxy prior to 1.0 (which was the "launch patch").  It can be played as pretty much 100% themepark now, but you CAN also play it as more of a sandbox, by just running around doing what you want, switching to the right level frame for whatever content, etc.    Personally, i really liked the sandboxy nature of things before and would like see the crafting go back that way and the dynamic events to be returned, but i am also enjoying the storyline missions - which are well done imo (even have voiceover) and really add to the flavour of the game.   IMO, if they had kept the game as it was and just added all these storyline missions, it woulda been a better game than it is now.  But it's still loads of fun and great immersive world to spend some time in.  (But probably not to make your one and only main MMO). 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Almost entirely disabled and over-simplistic with no customization.  Gather 50 X's, 50 Y', take 3 days doing so for one piece of gear that goes in another piece's slot meaning you must repeat that grindy process 17 more times in the face of mind-numbing R-N-G enforced farming.

I have a much more in-depth explanation here: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/....about-crafting.4453921/

It's almost entirely deserted due to 1 single frame being ridiculously overpowered and none of the actual resources in the zone being anything desirable or unique in any way.

Yeah, but there's a huge listing/selling fee attached that makes selling many items too prohibitive

not very.... you are only given 4 ability slots to change out and most of the alternative "skills" you could place in those slots are poorly balanced and not even fun to use.

there is no "Sandbox",  it is 100% kill 10 rats / fedex quests now from levels 1-40 and all of that content takes place in "marked" level range sectors on the map forcing you to visit specific areas you may not want to, and re-listen to dialog you hate several times to level up because doing an entire Job-boards (and all the "open world content") "storylines" in that area 1 time is not enough to level you up to the next area's level range.  ...not even with VIP-XP boosts going. And If you attempt to "play" in a sector that is more than 5 levels below or above your current level you will suffer a 90% experience reward penalty.

Glad to help out.  Facts are always more empowering than any e-peen will ever be.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Pretty much as described above. No one crafts anymore (no incentive to) except for health packs.  They took a wonderful crafting system and scrapped it.  It could have used some streamlining for sure, but not a total overhaul. Dynamic events (Chosen attacks, etc) are few and far between. ARES jobs feel like another job in real life. Very disappointed with the direction they took.  Many feel it's another NGE. Still playing....but not as much. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Jump jets and grenade launchers.  A marriage made in the melding.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AzucArSaladAzucArSalad Member UncommonPosts: 63

FPS with:

- very long walks between missions when random mobs shoot you from a distance you cannot distinguish them ,

- average environment graphics with cartoon characters,

- and some MMO aditions (crafting, auction house, dungeons) .

I do not know about end game, but for leveling I prefer Defiance.

^.^'

• MrNeoAndersonMrNeoAnderson Member Posts: 11

All you need to know about Firefall: http://www.thestar.com.my/Tech/Games/2014/08/04/Jetpacks-and-machine-guns/

PEW PEW PEW LAZOORRRRRS

• ethanmatthewsethanmatthews Member Posts: 9
    already on the game, trying to find more buddies to roll along with me in FIREFALL, pm me your IGN if you wanna level along
  • romaguilarmelromaguilarmel Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by ethanmatthews
    already on the game, trying to find more buddies to roll along with me in FIREFALL, pm me your IGN if you wanna level along

noob here, hope you don't mind if I tag along. :)

• Gelatinous345Gelatinous345 Member Posts: 6

Playing Dreadnaught is awesome. There was an XP Bonus period for the Engineer, I hope they do that regularly, and for Dreadnaughts. :)

• Sp33d5t3rNowSp33d5t3rNow Member Posts: 5
    Define Firefall? From all the Sci-Fi MMO's I've played before, it's a unique, not focused on the grind and, well, endearing...
  • EclecticSkyDirtEclecticSkyDirt Member Posts: 14
    For me, FireFall is endearing. And big thanks to the devs who keep it interesting!