Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retainer - HOW to get one?

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I've been googling this topic for a bit, but it seems all info I find is outdated :( Also my char level is not high enough to post on the FFXIV official forums (why do they even use a minimum char level while I'm subbed?), so asking here now...

How to get a retainer with the latest patch? I'm badly in need of one to store all the stuff I have in my bags and can't progress through the game without emptying those bags...

Comments

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941
    Retainer vocale, NPC in the market of the three cities. 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Edli
    Retainer vocale, NPC in the market of the three cities. 

Yeah, found that one already, but it's telling me I need more reputation with the city...

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

thats a weird reply, did you work on the main storyline? maybe it gets unlocked through it. I will double check it too and reply here

Edit: easy google search " You must complete the story mission "The Scions of the Seventh Dawn", to be given the option to hire a retainer from one of the Retainer Vocates identified below"

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

thats a weird reply, did you work on the main storyline? maybe it gets unlocked through it. I will double check it too and reply here

Edit: easy google search " You must complete the story mission "The Scions of the Seventh Dawn", to be given the option to hire a retainer from one of the Retainer Vocates identified below"

Thanks for the info! I was about to get started on that quest. Guess I'll have to play a bit longer before I can use one...

• enaz13enaz13 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Retainers like your chocobo are gained by going through the main story.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    You need to complete the main story line up to a certain point. I don't remember the exact spot, but its about the same point you get to choose a Grand company. You need to complete the first Primal fight. I remember that much. Sorry I cant be more specific.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    pretty sure you just need to keep going with the quests
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Pretty much everything in the game is locked to the main story progress, which I found supremely annoying as a Legacy member. Some stuff is fine, but they went way overboard with it.

<3

• dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Just like everyone else is saying. Follow the main story path. You should get your retainer around level 15 or so if I remember correctly. If I have the level wrong don't fret. Just keep following the main story quest and it will unlock eventually. It is hella annoying but everyone has to go through it.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    I just received my retainer a few days ago. I was around lvl 16. During the main storyline it will have you do 3 dungeons in a row, One more thing, then you will go to western thanalan to meet a new gang :) After a bit of that it will say "retainer unlocked" on your screen.