Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 - Ask Us Anything with David Brevik

Comments

• MrComicBook87MrComicBook87 Member Posts: 2

1.Has there been any thought to remove buffs that give you an advantage ingame from the store? like  rare find and special item find? i feel its borderline pay to win and only serves as to milk more money from the players.

2.may i also ask why new players coming into the game get very limited stash space? and no other way of getting said stash space ingame without having to pay real life money now i have spent over 60$  just on stash and feel its very unfair that i need to pay even more to get more stash space this alone would cover the price of a full game with everything unlocked diablo 3 as an example shouldn't stash space be made possible via ingame too rather then having to spend an insane amount of money just on stash space (storage)?

3. When will eu players get to play on eu servers? why do we have usa servers only in this day an age?

4. this huge event that took place has put me off and a few of my friends it was about sales sales sales it felt like it was thrown down our throats i really hope in the future you will not think about sales only because after this event its left a bitter taste of the way this company is running things and that is money and unfortunately this is what plagues the free to play market i was just hoping gaz wouldn't go down that route.

5. has there been any thought of some sort of subscription model?

but saying all this i do enjoy the game a lot have and lots of respect for the company but a few things are a bit frustrating as a paying customer i feel i have payed enough for now been playing only for 3 weeks.. but still i feel that i still need to spend more to get ahead which i shouldn't have to.

• MarvelHeroesMarvelHeroes Marvel Heroes TeamMember Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Lastexyle

Any hints to the next Storm costume? Will she follow in line with the recent AoA costume releases?

Also any news on the Wiccan enhanced costume for SW?

Storm's next costume is not settled yet, but there are a few options. I would be interested in hearing you opinion in the Storm forums. She has a good amount already, so we want the next one to be really great.

Wiccan is still planned for Scarlet Witch. We are talking with licensing about exactly what we need to do in terms of changing flavor and such. That's usually the toughest negotiation for enhanced costumes that are a different person than the original hero.

Originally posted by beergo99les

Cheers guys for doing this. You know i'm a big pvp, raid guy and I think raids are good. Thanks for that. I'm also a pvper, I play alot of Dota and Arena in WoW.

I believe I suggested one time a mid town free for all map, it was slightly hinted, which I thought was cool.

What I generally notice in arpg pvp is the reward factor. It is mainly  a pve game, and it directly influences pvp. So many people, will generally be pveing to get better and won't pvp because it's meant for the high end pvers. I'm just translating what's currently going on with quene times.

What can we do to improve the popularity of pvp, in an arpg where pve is the focus?

We agree that the rewards for PvP need to be looked at. PvP has been improving steadily over the last few months and we have some pretty big improvements coming with ladder tech and better grouping.

Having other PvP modes (like a FFA midtown) would help a lot as well.

Making PvP part of an ARPG is a challenge, but we believe we can give good reasons for people to play it. They have been able to accomplish it in other MMOs (like WoW) and it comes down to rewards and notoriety.

• HoezellHoezell Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Any thought on a enhanced Squirrel Girl skin? It's just so much fun playing with her!
    Originally posted by OHiei
    Any words about Venom? He will be in christmas? any spil from his trees? :3 HE is my favorite character <3 PLEASE

Venom is probably going to be ready for Christmas and he will be glorious.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Any plans for sprucing up Psylocke? Her kit seems a bit all over the place (melee, ranged, physical, mental). Thematically appropriate, but I feel it spreads her thin in terms of gameplay. Would also love to see her telekinetic katana worked in more throughout her kit.
  • LastexyleLastexyle Member CommonPosts: 10

What are the chances that our original Marvel ladies will get to visit the salon? As it stands now, many of these Marvel men are out "doing" our heroines.

Also the GotG release has really gotten me excited about the expanded universe you guys are really tapping into. Who is a hero or villain you personally see alot of potential in for the game.

Lastly, Magneto. Will he get his brotherhood? Perhaps even his remaining children (Quicksilver + Polaris)?

Originally posted by saelannah
    Wondering when we might get the Earth X Thor costume, also when is Thor's 52 review scheduled to hit?

Earth X Thor is still going through development, although it already looks very sweet.

Thor's 52 review is scheduled for after Jean and Cyclops. It has already started in the early stages. The entire process of a level 52 review is almost as long as a new hero (since every team in the studio is involved) but it's humming along.

• DarknessMutaDarknessMuta Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by MarvelHeroes
    Originally posted by DarknessMuta

This might be a simple user error on my part but it seems there is currently no way to clear a F1-F6 hotkey assignments once it has been assigned other then using a Retcon device.  This seems like a big oversight being forced to use an item that cost a good amount of splinters or Gs to clear a keybind that should be an option to begin with.  I accidently assigned one and thought I could just hit F1 again to clear it out but soon learned the only way is to Retcon the character which I found odd so now I am stuck with that power as I rather not use a Retcon for something that seems like a bug.

I reported this a bug recently. I'm not sure where it is on the fix list, but it is a known issue that we are going to try and resolve. It may even be fixed in the patch today. Thanks!

Just checked and I can't seem to figure out how to clear this F1 hotkey assignment yet so I guess I did not make it this patch.

With team-up gear, any chance to increase the drop rate some?  Even white team-up gear seems much rarer then uniques as I just ran some MM since my previous post and got 2 uniques and 0 team-up gear with my team-up activated in non-passive mode.  With bound team-up gear and the lack of team-up drops it makes it tough to add some survivability to them. 

• ValverineValverine Member Posts: 2

Hey guys 

As much as I appreciate all the cool sales you guys often do, I would like to know if you plan to make BOGO the only type of sale you do for costumes and heroes. 

I really dislike gambling and I do not get even the smallest bit excited for BoGo, but it's been the predominant type of sale you guys have done over the past several months.  

I know a lot of people like bogo, but do you plan on other large non-bogo sales for costumes?  (large as in more than 25% :P ) 

• kissingtoastkissingtoast Member Posts: 1
    What can you tell us about Jean Grey? How's her review coming along? Is she going to be spectacular?
  • jmrothwell91jmrothwell91 Member Posts: 10
    Is there an ETA on set items for raid progression? If thats a thing anyways...
    Originally posted by Lastexyle

What are the chances that our original Marvel ladies will get to visit the salon? As it stands now, many of these Marvel men are out "doing" our heroines.

Also the GotG release has really gotten me excited about the expanded universe you guys are really tapping into. Who is a hero or villain you personally see alot of potential in for the game.

Lastly, Magneto. Will he get his brotherhood? Perhaps even his remaining children (Quicksilver + Polaris)?

We have been going back and doing touch ups for any hero models that aren't working as well as the newer stuff. We will keep doing that. 

Quicksilver is planned as a Team-Up for the Age of Ultron movie (or earlier). Having speedster's as playable is easy enough to do, but most people's connections would be able to handle someone traveling insanely fast through any game, so it may come off as 'too slow" as a playable hero.

Polaris is something we will do eventually, as a Team-Up and/or Hero. Everyone agrees she is awesome.

Originally posted by Hoezell
    Any thought on a enhanced Squirrel Girl skin? It's just so much fun playing with her!

What do you suggest?

• beergo99lesbeergo99les Member Posts: 9
    double post
    Originally posted by kissingtoast
    What can you tell us about Jean Grey? How's her review coming along? Is she going to be spectacular?

She's coming along nicely and should be ready by September 1st.

MichaelMayhem plans to do a write-up in the middle of the month.

One of the most important things we did was go through the feedback thread on the Jean Grey forums and do as much of the realistic stuff as we could.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Any plans to rework some of the boss fights?  The thing where you beat them and then they come back as cosmic or some such and then you have to beat them again is very annoying.  I stopped playing the game when I got to Loki.  Fighting the same guy for 30 minutes was mind numbingly boring. Fight the adds, hit Loki twice, fight the adds, hit Loki twice, fight the adds, hit Loki twice, ect, ect. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by jmrothwell91
    Is there an ETA on set items for raid progression? If thats a thing anyways...

Set items are not something that will necessarily be part of the game, mainly because they actually limit options more than increase options, so most people end up avoiding them.

However, we do have an open mind about finding a more interesting way to do set items and will keep thinking about that.

• MrLehaneMrLehane Member UncommonPosts: 4

When will be Emma Frost Old Man Logan costume avaliable to buy? Is It a fortune card exclusive one? 

Also, what about the Cyclops review? Is he coming after Jean Grey?

And... Can you say anything about Dazzler? Playable someday?

• InsectInsect Member Posts: 1
    Has Marvel said there are any characters you can't use for the game?
    Originally posted by MarvelHeroes

Originally posted by Hoezell

What do you suggest?

..I think Multiple Man could work with her skillset, given you reskin the squirrels for her costumes anyway.
  • UltraJesusUltraJesus Member Posts: 3
    Do you guys plan on making a fortune card that isn't full of boosts and unwanted crap like 10k credit, colorful artifacts, and so on? I know you guys are limited in making cosmetics due to Marvel and the character images itself, but at a dollar per card? Eh, it's not for me then again am I the market you're after for these cards?
  • jmrothwell91jmrothwell91 Member Posts: 10
    This is more of a suggestion than a question... but it would be pretty awesome if you all could run a promotion using maybe like movie theater ticket stubs for Guardians of the Galaxy.  Thinking about it though, that would probably be a pain to accomplish haha.
    Originally posted by ChaoticWake

Hello and thanks for doing this AMA and putting out such an amazing game! Such an awesome staff and the best community out there.

I have a couple questions about the Future of this great game and hope you will answer then. Thanks in advance.

My first question is about the One Shots. We currently have the Wakanda One Shot, Bronx Zoo on the way and also it has been mentioned that the Shadowland would be coming. Is there another on the docket that you could mention that is definitely coming?

Besides Dr. Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut and Venom is there another villain on the docket currently?

It's mentioned that the villain known as Blizzard is coming to MH. What zone, one shot, raid etc. etc. will he be apart of?

Rescue has been mentioned a couple times, is she planned on being a costume, team-up or a playable character?

When will the original artwork for the Omega system branches be put back into the game?

Will we see Shawdowcat and Lockheed as playable in 2015?

It can be extremely hard to see the mouse pointer at times during battles(boss battles in MM etc. etc.). There are so many colors during battle and the color it changes to from light blue to red make the pointer get lost constantly. Are there plans to change the color or to make it so the pointer doesn't change color? Getting your mouse pointer lost in a boss battle is never fun and I had accidentally running into a Rhino charge or a Blob ass splat lol.

And one last question: How much did you get paid for your twerk session on Twitch?

Nice questions.

First, here is a code to wish everyone a HAPPYTHURSDAY.

One Shots

We have a few more One-Shots in the early stages of development, but nothing with final approval yet. I will say that the Red Skull is not happy about the current leader of Hydra in the Marvel Heroes current storyline and may be looking to change that.

And of course you mentioned to Bronx Zoo, which is set to release as a One Shot Story in September and will likely be the largest One Shot we ever do.

More "Villains"

We have plans to add more villains to the game, but haven't officially announced them yet. I will say that a few on the short list are pretty cool, including Winter Soldier, Electro and Black Cat. Reading the Thunderbolts comings is a good way to see some the of the potential we have.

Blizzard Villain

We have had a model and animation for Blizzard since launch and are looking for the best place to utilize him. We may reserve him for "Endless Dungeon" or make him an encounter in X-Defense, it's still TBD.

Rescue

Rescue was originally being considered for an Enhanced Iron Man costume, but her powerset wasn't close enough to Iron Man. We are considering her for a Team-Up currently, but are open to other options.

Omega Artwork

We plan to bring that back at some point when we launch some of the other nodes.

Shadowcat and Lockheed

Yes.

Mouse Pointer

Yes, we have plans to allow players to hold a hotkey and get a super prominent point whenever they wish. The concepting is almost finished for this. 

Twerking

Twerking is now banned, as it should be.

Thanks everyone for the great questions. We are working on next week's patch right now and we'll talk to you again soon.

Check out the official forums for a new Guardians of the Galaxy screenshot contest if you are interested. :)

• UltraJesusUltraJesus Member Posts: 3

I'm glad you added another item purchasable for cube shards ie the medallion recipe, will there anything else be added to it? Same goes for splinters. Speaking of the medallion recipe, how do you guys determine that it should be 400k + matrix to be it's cost? Personally I find it insanely expensive.

• CinnamonTwistCinnamonTwist Member Posts: 3
    You all have mentioned that Super Skrull 'will be seen' next year.  Does that mean he'll be playable (Xavin was certainly a hero) or did you mean he'll make an appearance as a villain to fight?  Or both?
This discussion has been closed.