Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes 2015 - Ask Us Anything with David Brevik

MarvelHeroesMarvelHeroes Marvel Heroes TeamMember Posts: 26

Hey guys,

The Marvel Heroes design team will answer any question you have about the past, present or future of the game.

We put a ton of love into Marvel Heroes and just released our big Guardians of the Galaxy patch, so we have a little bit of time to talk and share a fun AMA.

Please ask away.

Comments

• jamtraxjamtrax Member UncommonPosts: 5

From Reddit user /u/zxcv168

The only question I have is whether they would consider to fast track the feature to allow for more hot bars for powers, considering how more and more heroes from now on feels like they will need more than 8 keys, especially with Rogue coming up where she is all about having all the different powers.

• vandynevandyne Member UncommonPosts: 4
    In light of #JanetVanCrime, will you consider the number of people who might want to play Wasp in your game?
  • CinnamonTwistCinnamonTwist Member Posts: 3
    The schedule for heroes being released for the rest of the year looks pretty much set with Rogue, Nova, Magneto, Juggernaut and most likely Venom to round out the year.  Where does X-23 fit in this year, if at all?
  • UniqloUniqlo Member CommonPosts: 3
    Do you have any plan that is support for a double-byte character set (DBCS) in chat system? Examples of such languages include Japanese.
  • bobdole68bobdole68 Member Posts: 1

Could we get some more information on X-23?

Such as:

Will she spend spirit or fury for abilities?

It has been said she plays a bit different than Wolverine, could you give an example?

Any idea what month she might be coming out (wild guess is ok, I would just like an idea)?

Has anything about her been approved by Marvel so far (powers, costumes, release date, ect)?

• MarvelHeroesMarvelHeroes Marvel Heroes TeamMember Posts: 26
    Originally posted by vandyne
    In light of #JanetVanCrime, will you consider the number of people who might want to play Wasp in your game?

I like your name. :)

Wasp has always been on the short list of heroes to get into Marvel Heroes.

In fact, we love her so much we got a brand new character model for her (which looks amazing) and are working on the script for her team-up and eventually playable version.

Short answer: She's at the top of the list and will stay at the top of the list!

• saelannahsaelannah Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Wondering when we might get the Earth X Thor costume, also when is Thor's 52 review scheduled to hit?
  • MagmaFangFlamingoMagmaFangFlamingo Member Posts: 1
    Can you please confirm or deny that Emma Frost's Old Man Logan outfit, that the Dink did a wonderful job on and we all LOVE, will be in a fortune card or not?  Frostitutes are DYING at the thought of it being in a fortune card and with it still not being in the game, we are losing hope.
  • LegendaryRarityLegendaryRarity Member UncommonPosts: 44

Thanks Xarex and Doomsaw for doing this!

What benefits will the feature formerly known as 'Stark-Tech' provide to players?

Are any overhauls planned for the crafting system, which is rather quarrelsome to use right now?

Any updates on the Relic changes that were mentioned earlier this year?

Endless dungeons and chaos terminals/randomized terminals are things ARPG fans drool over, anything new you can share about those today? :)

"Like wine, accounts of valor mellow with age; until Achilles dead 3,000 years stands peerless."

• GameshowGameshow Member Posts: 2
    What happened to allowing ultimate upgrade tokens to be used at level 1? Having them taking up inventory space for unleveled heroes sucks
  • LastexyleLastexyle Member CommonPosts: 10

Any hints to the next Storm costume? Will she follow in line with the recent AoA costume releases?

Also any news on the Wiccan enhanced costume for SW?

• PunchclopsPunchclops Member Posts: 4

The most important question in the world!

Will Punchclops still be able to punch after the Cyclops review?

And do the devs still read the comic?

Originally posted by Uniqlo
    Do you have any plan that is support for a double-byte character set (DBCS) in chat system? Examples of such languages include Japanese.

I have added support for double-byte characters in previous games and I think it's a reasonable question.

We have a plan for expansion into SE Asia and that would have to be a part of it. 

I'll put it on the agenda for the next UI planning meeting.

Originally posted by Punchclops

The most important question in the world!

Will Punchclops still be able to punch after the Cyclops review?

And do the devs still read the comic?

Punchclops will indeed be able to punch after this review.

His review keeps his Martial Arts tree (and makes it slightly better / more fun), but greatly expands his Leadership tree to make it A+ cool. His review also includes some amazing new VFX that are in development. I expect it will take another 12 weeks or so in the pipeline, but perhaps faster.

Yes, the devs definitely read comics and are more excited than ever about tying in with Marvel editorial department.

Originally posted by CinnamonTwist
    The schedule for heroes being released for the rest of the year looks pretty much set with Rogue, Nova, Magneto, Juggernaut and most likely Venom to round out the year.  Where does X-23 fit in this year, if at all?

Who said we do one character a month? We did two this month ;)

• strippervashstrippervash Member Posts: 2

Has there been any discussion for enhanced costumes to have alternate animations for attacks? (e.g. Superior Spiderman using his extra arms, etc)

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Do you guys plan to do a crafting system revamp and reduce some of it's prices?

It is far too expensive considering the amount of heroes already in the game, i feel that the player base would welcome some changes in that regard.

I understand that credit sinks are needed but current crating features are overpriced nevertheless.

Also will we see an expanded hotbar for powers anytime soon?

The current one is lacking for heroes like Doctor Strange and now the newly released Star Lord with his element tree.

• UniqloUniqlo Member CommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by MarvelHeroes
    Originally posted by Uniqlo

I have added support for double-byte characters in previous games and I think it's a reasonable question.

We have a plan for expansion into SE Asia and that would have to be a part of it. 

I'll put it on the agenda for the next UI planning meeting.

Wow, Sunfire is my MH 2015 forum sig, thank you Gaz!!

Originally posted by strippervash

Has there been any discussion for enhanced costumes to have alternate animations for attacks? (e.g. Superior Spiderman using his extra arms, etc)

I believe some of them do, but it is something we would like to do more of in the future. It's a great suggestion.

• dignity714dignity714 Member Posts: 2

Has there been any talk about adding in a shortcut key or faster way to craft?

Having to individually craft over 50 Fully Loaded Hotdogs was not much fun.

• CinnamonTwistCinnamonTwist Member Posts: 3
    Will you be adding in a way to unbind team-up items in the near future?
  • mike444mike444 Member Posts: 10

I hate asking what heroes will be in the game in the future but everything I think of has been answered already so the only thing I want to know that hasn't been answered is Songbird and Magma ever playable?

• HoezellHoezell Member UncommonPosts: 2

Any plans on short and long term to improve the quality of life of Ghost Rider? He just seems to lack damage in general, and the need to play with his life pool to get damage is way too risky for the prize.

I'm saying that because when I go for a tank build he really got the bulky feeling, but when going for damage, specially melee he becomes quite "squish" and not so much good at it.

(And Inferno expires too fast, but that's just me whining about it for free).

Anyway, awesome game! I really find myself hooked at this more and more!

Originally posted by Gameshow
    What happened to allowing ultimate upgrade tokens to be used at level 1? Having them taking up inventory space for unleveled heroes sucks

Using Ultimate Upgrade tokens at level 1 is something we definitely want to do.

The backend tech is a bit complicated since a hero's Ultimate Power was coded slightly different from regular powers, so modifying it before you unlock it is currently not supported.

However, I am going to reopen the discussion right now (sending an email) and see if the new tech we have added over the months makes this easier.

Originally posted by dignity714

Has there been any talk about adding in a shortcut key or faster way to craft?

Having to individually craft over 50 Fully Loaded Hotdogs was not much fun.

Did you do that all at once? O.o

Yes -- a revamp to the crafting UI is in the works. There are some easy QoL fixes that could help a bunch.

We will also be making some overall improvements to the system.

This discussion has been closed.