Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$39.95

itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
are they serious ?

Comments

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    No kidding. Never heard of this game, and the submitted screenshots look like someone modded some high res textures into a ps1 game....
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    honestly...with guild wars 2 and secret world often priced at half of this...What the hell are they thinking? At least let us try it for a week...
  • yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234

With the multiplayer $39.95 package you get:

• FULL Single & Multiplayer game access, PVP and full game content. One time payment (NO MONTHLY FEES).
    • Angels of Fasaria 2D RPG Download - ($14.95 value) You get the 2D RPG download for free.
    • Official Strategy Guide Download - ($9.95 value) You get the official strategy guide for free.
    • 10 Platinum Tokens - ($9.95 value) You get 10 Platinum Tokens to use in your Space Station. *Platinum tokens can be earned fairly in game and doesn't require a purchase to obtain.

Ancients of Fasaria: Starter's Edition $19.95 you get:

• FULL single player game access and full game content.
    • One time payment (NO MONTHLY FEES).
    • Can be upgraded to multiplayer version at anytime.

You can select either package and can upgrade at anytime.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Y'all are a fickle bunch. :)  

I haven't played Fasaria in a couple years, so I can't comment on whether it is good, bad or otherwise right now, but it's ridiculous to see on these boards, of all places, an immediate reaction of negativity to a released game by an indie dev. You would think the posts would be "Way to go! Good luck with the game!" or "I might try it. What are the features?"

"Never heard of them."

See, that's one of the biggest hurdles that indie devs face. They're putting their limited resources into development, not advertising. The reality is - despite protests to the contrary from many here - YOU ARE LED BY THE NOSE BY MARKETING TEAMS.

The automatic reaction of "Never heard of it, must not be good" is almost instinctual. It's a big reason why companies like Ford and Coca-Cola run ads constantly. If the ads drop off, the consumer reaction is "Haven't heard anything from them recently, they must not be doing well."

Complaints about the B2P price and the graphics. Really? 

All that said...

Yodablaze, are there any YT gameplay videos or recent reviews you'd recommend for those interested in the game? 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Y'all are a fickle bunch. :)

I haven't played Fasaria in a couple years, so I can't comment on whether it is good, bad or otherwise right now, but it's ridiculous to see on these boards, of all places, an immediate reaction of negativity to a released game by an indie dev. You would think the posts would be "Way to go! Good luck with the game!" or "I might try it. What are the features?"

"Never heard of them."

See, that's one of the biggest hurdles that indie devs face. They're putting their limited resources into development, not advertising. The reality is - despite protests to the contrary from many here - YOU ARE LED BY THE NOSE BY MARKETING TEAMS.

The automatic reaction of "Never heard of it, must not be good" is almost instinctual. It's a big reason why companies like Ford and Coca-Cola run ads constantly. If the ads drop off, the consumer reaction is "Haven't heard anything from them recently, they must not be doing well."

Complaints about the B2P price and the graphics. Really?

All that said...

Yodablaze, are there any YT gameplay videos or recent reviews you'd recommend for those interested in the game?

Yes in fact I will keep you posted with our progress, reviews and will have more videos (mainly game play and tutorials) and user submitted content as well.

Some of our players have been some of the most honest and critical gamers you'll ever find, but they've also been some of the most supportive of people. They believe in the Fasaria series and want to see us do well. They email us giving suggestions and eagerly awaiting updates and changes to our game as if they were a direct part of our team.

We are only even still around because of the support of players who see something in Fasaria that they believe in. The "intangible" qualities of a game that draws support and faithfulness can never be fully understood. Luck isn't a word to describe it. Sometimes I'm not quite sure myself what makes a game "stick". The players are the ones that see the "something special" and respond or ignore.

As an indie developer, you put your heart into your game and you wear it on your sleeve. The smaller the team, the more of the heart you'll see. You can only imagine how difficult it has to be for a small indie team to be around for over 7 years competing with big budget gaming companies. The players, although they can be harsh at times, are the most supportive, passionate and loyal people you can ever meet. Without the player's support, we are nothing. Some of our greatest skeptics became our biggest fans. I've seen some amazing and strange things over the years. lol

From humble beginnings with our browser based games till now, I can say I am very greatful and I am humbled to be able to still do what we love to do and to continue giving people something they love to experience.

I like to say personally, Thank you. And I appreciate all of your support.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

"Never heard of them."

The automatic reaction of "Never heard of it, must not be good" is almost instinctual.

No it's "It looks like shit and there is hardly any information aviable, even on the official website, why should I bother when there are about a billion other (cheaper, free) titles aviable".

When you want money up front you have to at least tell people why they would want to play it. [mod edit]

1. Ancients of Fasaria has been around for over a year. We are never becoming a "Free to Play" game. One of the biggest complaints we received from players is seeing the games they supported become a F2P community abandoning their original business model out of fear of competition. We have not done this and will never do that.

2. There are a lot of "free" games with cash shop as the main focus of revenue. The type of players we target do NOT want to participate in that type of game or community. If you are looking for a free game with a community of players who play for free, we are not that company. We have a one time payment "Buy to Play" business model which we believe is fair. A trial version may be added at a later date but our game will never be "free to play", sorry.

3. If you do not have any information about our game, below is a brief introduction.

What is Ancients of Fasaria?:

Ancients of Fasaria is a single/multiplayer fantasy online experience where you unravel the mystery behind an illusive force threatening Fasaria and her 3 moons. Journey between worlds as you build your character, level up your skills, populate your space station, collect tribute from your fleet, play slots to earn Platinum Tokens, earn rare items, defeat challenging foes, gain karma, climb the ranks and more.

Brief History:

Ancients of Fasaria is an indie mmorpg based upon the 2D RPG Angels of Fasaria that was first released in 2005. With thousands of downloads and over 48 thousand active users in the browser based game, Angels of Fasaria maintained a loyal following and support base. Fasaria World was later released as the first full MMORPG version in 2009 and was totally re-designed and released as Ancients of Fasaria in 2013. The first expansion is now being released August 27, 2014 and is available for a one-time payment with no monthly fee, or "Buy to Play".

• Explore Fasaria and her 3 moons - Journey through Fasaria as the main world, and her 3 orbiting moons.
    • Journey through the Planetarium - Travel between worlds using the planetarium, visit your space station and transfer between realms.
    • Populate and build your space station - You get your own space station you can recruit members to join and populate it, buy rare items, play slots and more.
    • Collect tribute from your fleet - You can collect tribute and earn resources and tokens based upon how built your fleet.
    • Level up your skills and character - Skill progression system. Skills get stronger with use and levels up over time.
    • Gain karma and earn rewards - How you defeat foes will determine the karma you gain and what faction you will be aligned with, Karma earns you special rewards and bonuses
    • Climb the ranks and much more - Ranking system for each week gives prizes for active participants
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by 43%burnt

"Never heard of them."

The automatic reaction of "Never heard of it, must not be good" is almost instinctual.

No it's "It looks like shit and there is hardly any information aviable, even on the official website, why should I bother when there are about a billion other (cheaper, free) titles aviable".

When you want money up front you have to at least tell people why they would want to play it. [mod edit]

Well, good news for you, then... 'cause if you feel that negatively about the game yourself, there's something you can do about it.

Don't play it.

Personal choice. It's an amazing thing, isn't it?