Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 years at work with no missed days!

I'm one of the IT guys at ADT. I got a check for $5,000 for showing up for 3 years with not a single day missed or called in or late. Perfect attendance.

I got the check at work today and my heart skipped about 10 beats. :P

Don't get me wrong...I didn't "need" the money and it'll go into savings...but...it was just the first time I got any type of "award" from working there at ADT and it was awesome!

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Wow. If the company I work for could give that sort of bonus, I'd be expecting some extra money. If they changed those 3 years into 3 months lol.

Good stuff though, what sort of work do you do?

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Nice to hear it. A lot of companies seem to forget that you pay employees for a job and pay them extra for a job well done. One job I worked at went out of their way to not promote employees in order to reduce cost overhead. Most companies I worked at have never acknowledged achievement which probably contributes to their high employee turn over.

• Originally posted by Man1ac

Wow. If the company I work for could give that sort of bonus, I'd be expecting some extra money. If they changed those 3 years into 3 months lol.

Good stuff though, what sort of work do you do?

I manage a couple MySQL and php back ends mostly...with that occasional odd "wth?" job lol. A lot of data replication, cross-branch servers and the bazillion reports that get generated lol.

• harihayabusaharihayabusa Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by BlueTiger13

I'm one of the IT guys at ADT. I got a check for $5,000 for showing up for 3 years with not a single day missed or called in or late. Perfect attendance.

I got the check at work today and my heart skipped about 10 beats. :P

Don't get me wrong...I didn't "need" the money and it'll go into savings...but...it was just the first time I got any type of "award" from working there at ADT and it was awesome!

great job....3 years without a single day missed or late is a very hard thing to do... congrats and cheers!

• jakoafijakoafi Member UncommonPosts: 6

That's what we call obeying rules are being rewarded.

Keep up the good work!

• NickNameFreedomNickNameFreedom Member Posts: 43
    You are really worth to well rewarded! For THREE years!!! Really hard to make it! I hope it is not a joke.