Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

But I like the old ways

2»

Comments

• EQAbnerEQAbner Member CommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by EQAbner

I see people frequently calling the old ways outdated and/or boring.

I for one like the trinity system.

I also like grinding (some anyway).

Perhaps I am in the minority but that's just the way it is.

I'm not saying I won't try new things. I try almost every MMORPG that comes out. I just don't agree with poo-pooing the old ways.

and i don't like the old ways (particularly the time consuming raid + social + down time)

Yes, they are boring and by definition out-dated.

Oh, i do like grinding .. but combat needs to be fun like D3.

You like what you like, i like what i like. Let  the market decide what to produce.

Sounds good to me! I am just stating my opinion. Don't want to take anything away from anyone or certainly put anyone down because they think differently. Unlike some on these boards /eyeroll.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I see people frequently calling the old ways outdated and/or boring.

I for one like the trinity system.

I also like grinding (some anyway).

Perhaps I am in the minority but that's just the way it is.

I'm not saying I won't try new things. I try almost every MMORPG that comes out. I just don't agree with poo-pooing the old ways.

and i don't like the old ways (particularly the time consuming raid + social + down time)

Yes, they are boring and by definition out-dated.

Oh, i do like grinding .. but combat needs to be fun like D3.

You like what you like, i like what i like. Let  the market decide what to produce.

Sounds good to me! I am just stating my opinion. Don't want to take anything away from anyone or certainly put anyone down because they think differently. Unlike some on these boards /eyeroll.

Yeh ... people have different tastes ... and some don't seem to understand that. If i like it, the analogy is that it is a steak. If i don't like it, but others do, then it must be McDonald's. /eyeroll x 2.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by PioneerStew

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by DamonVile
    Gaming should be more about finding what you like, not sitting around on a forum talking about what you hate.
    If only I could find an MMO I liked...Wizard101, which I am playing currently, I expect to last maybe 4-6 months. Then I'll be bored with their questing system.
    Have you tried P101?  Its a lot of fun.
    I have. The combat there just doesn't intrigue me. Thanks, though :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

I actually like the old ways way better then the new ones.

That is why i always return to EQ 1 and WoW for my trinity and grinding needs. New games just feel so... automated. I want to PLAY myself and not follow a red arrow around the world, "playing" a movie.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?