Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should I go about being taught?

clarynaaclarynaa Member UncommonPosts: 14
Since the official forums won't let me post for some reason, how should I go about finding some sort of mentor, who is willing to teach?  I don't want to spam general chat for such a thing if at all possible

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I've posted previously how old the game looks and being turned off because of that.  Despite my misgivings about the look of the game, Im still intrigued with a game that has stood the test of time.  I could pick it up for 10 bucks and simply try it.  Not sure how steep the learning curve is at the moment.  Is a mentor necessary?   I know almost nothing about the game.  I do know there are some dedicated people around here who love the hell out of it. 
  • clarynaaclarynaa Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I've posted previously how old the game looks and being turned off because of that.  Despite my misgivings about the look of the game, Im still intrigued with a game that has stood the test of time.  I could pick it up for 10 bucks and simply try it.  Not sure how steep the learning curve is at the moment.  Is a mentor necessary?   I know almost nothing about the game.  I do know there are some dedicated people around here who love the hell out of it. 

From what I've seen playing about 5 hours:  A mentor isn't ...necessary, just a big help.  It's one of those "easy to get into, but hard to master" things.  The tutorial will teach you literally all you need to know for at least 5 hours, and no one has taught me anything other than efficiencies aside from that.