Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Stream of Elite Dangerous: The game thats better than EvE and Star Citizen and no one knows it

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

Hop in and see the wonder of this amazing game!

Comments

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I hope Elite Dangerous turns out to be as much fun as the original Elite was playing on the Commodore computer back in the 80's.. LOL   I have two major concerns tho..

1. I do NOT want PvP tied with PvE servers.. They should be separated.. It is one reason why I will not play Eve is because of PvP gank factor.. All I want to do is play PvE trading and AI combat.. I do not want to worry about hiring protection while I mine or play cargo captain.. I don't want to avoid being ganked by 3 teenagers skipping school.. 
    2. I hope that ED has an achievement type system, where we can strive to unlock the game and see progress in doing so.. Something that shows combat kills?  star systems discovered? factions?  etc etc..  I would love even a military category of achievements similar to world of tanks..  An option would be allowing players to act as "security" for certain fractions and segments of space policing against pirates and criminals.. 
         If Elite is too much like Eve, I won't play and that will be a true shame.. 
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Like you, Tydeson, I played Elite on the Commodore back in the day and I've played most of the versions since then.

I've kept my eye on this latest version they're doing, but I also hope they don't make it an Eve clone too, although I do like Eve.  I like the feel of the Elite universe more.  

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Like you, Tydeson, I played Elite on the Commodore back in the day and I've played most of the versions since then.

I've kept my eye on this latest version they're doing, but I also hope they don't make it an Eve clone too, although I do like Eve.  I like the feel of the Elite universe more.  

In deed.. I loved playing space trader similar to a "Hans Solo"..  I would explore and unlock all the systems I could.. I just loved the business / trading side of Elite..  The combat of defending against npc pirates, or becoming a pirate was a bonus.. I"m still waiting for more details to come out..

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I have elite pre-ordered but dude... if you think it is better than EVE in any other way than control scheme you've been missing EQ 1 too much recently (no massive battles between players, regional locked matchmaking, limited non-combat areas of interest, etc). It can be greater than EVE in time and in only certain ways but the 1.0 version will just have a bigger universe and a better control scheme than EVE, do not get hyped more than that and you will enjoy the game and help build towards the future where it is better than EVE in more ways :).

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Time will tell if this is a worthy contender or not, I'll be giving it a look when it goes live.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

In deed.. I loved playing space trader similar to a "Hans Solo"..  I would explore and unlock all the systems I could.. I just loved the business / trading side of Elite..  The combat of defending against npc pirates, or becoming a pirate was a bonus.. I"m still waiting for more details to come out..

I liked the "lone wolf" aspect too, and as such prefer the small scale battles Elite had.  Huge battles can be fun, I suppose, but they weren't really my thing in Eve.   I like it better when it's just me and a few pirates... or victims.  ;)