Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Points of Interest - Ask Your Questions Here & Now!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This Friday, our own Bill Murphy and the Guild Wars 2 team from ArenaNet will be hosting a live Twitch.tv event in the continuing Points of Interest video series. Now that today's Living Story update, Dragon's Reach Part I, has gone live, the team is looking for your questions right HERE and right NOW and, well, through tomorrow, Wednesday, July 30th. Post your questions in this thread and the team will pick more than a few to discuss during the event.

Here are the hints to think about!

• Where is Mordremoth going to attack next? 

• Is the Zephyrite leader the one that is at risk from attack?

• What exactly did the Player see/hear in Omadd’s machine?

• Is Mordremoth going to drain magic from the world? *Is Marjory’s sister’s death going to affect her relationship with Kasmeer and the rest of the group?

• What is the new map leading to?

Post away and then tune into Guild Wars 2: Points of Interest this Friday!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263

Q: Cantha ?

:)

l2p

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Taking into consideration that Marjory Delaqua is of Canthan Descent. Will Belinda´s death have any influence on expanding the story into (and therefore open to the public) Canthan Territory once Mordremoth is defeated?

I would assume that Marjory would want to return to her homeland after her sister´s death and Mordry is down, and before a new threat arises.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

Will there be an expansion of the skills? As in interchangeable skills for weapons to give combat a facelift? I had no problem with a limited skill bar, but I was quickly tired of the same five weapon skills and would really love to be able to:

A. Move the skills around the bar (maybe thats possible now? I haven't played in about 6 months)

B. Have skills to swap around and truely create different builds based around skills rather than attributes.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    • Any plans for an expansion?

• Any plans for a new class or race?

• Will we see weapon skills expanded on, similar to the original Guild Wars, at some point or will most of the progression be done through traits and new weapons?

• Are there any plans to untie weapon skills? Example: Being able to swap out Sword skill 2 for Staff skill 3.

• Are you satisfied with burst damage now that you have implemented the changes to critical damage?

• What are your thoughts on the current state of healing?

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    any plans to fix the meta? tired of being forced to play warrior if i want to do any PVE :( (my other leveled classes are necro and ranger T.T no1 wants a necro or a ranger even if specced for support ect)
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Question: Guild Wars?
  • KorthagKorthag Member UncommonPosts: 44
    hate Points of Interest
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Do they ever plan on having a real expansion?

Smile

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Skuall
    any plans to fix the meta? tired of being forced to play warrior if i want to do any PVE :( (my other leveled classes are necro and ranger T.T no1 wants a necro or a ranger even if specced for support ect)

wonder why you have problem bud i do dungeons with both my necro and ranger the necro is heal spec and ranger is shout regen build.

Dont even have the usual frost spirit spoter suport and i still get groups just fine

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Thanks a lot MMORPG staff,

1) Most video games tackle the Middle East and North African culture as a backdrop of negative connotation. Most often associated with “terrorism” in modern military shooters. Guild Wars Nightfall’s Elona region was one of the few games in history that tackled the Middle Eastern inspiration in a positive light. Do you feel a responsibility to return to Elona due to its almost groundbreaking take on a big part of the world, which is currently shunned negatively in most forms of electronic entertainment?

2) Do you think Guild Wars 2 has found its stride in regards to “raid bosses” in Tequatl and Triple Wurm? Moving forward into new maps, how do you see your design philosophy with regards to making these insanely Hugh 150-people bosses that requires coordinated efforts of everyone?

3) Do you think it is possible that we will see friendly duels included in the open world (with an auto-reject option for those players who do not wish it)?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

-Can we expect more content besides Living Story content?

I want to know if there's anything else to look forward to besides Living Story.

• ANIMEniac540ANIMEniac540 Member Posts: 4

My question is:

when doing balance changes, such as the new Engi and Ranger changes, what is/are the catalyst that force you to make said changes? naturally every class cries "buff this" for one reason or another, but what does it take for a class to be looked into, let alone make changes?

• GaleOmGaleOm Member UncommonPosts: 28

- Will there be mid-season break?

- How people respond on new way of doing achievements?

- Feature Pack any time soon?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

I am not surely not the only one who feels that there is no actual character progression in GW2 once you hit lvl 80. Without it the game becomes pointless.

Sure there is living world, and its nice. But without actually improving the character in some way. Its simply not the progression MMO or RPG player expects and needs.

So my question is:

1. Will we ever see new skills added ?

I am not talking about rebalancing existing skills or new traits. I am talking new skills.

GW1 was amazing on this aspect .  GW1 hunt for skills gameplay was amazing.

2. Will you ever change some unpopular weapons ?

For example wand on Mesmer. I have never used it, nor did i ever seen mesmer player use it in pve or pvp. There was number of community requests and ideas to change it for another pistol.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Obligatory: Is paid expansion still on the table?

Since Living story is supposed to be a true substitute for classic expansions in your eyes, when will we finally see things that people truly associate with expansions (beside more story): more professions, races, skills, dungeons, elite dungeons from GW1, new pvp stufff and similar?

Will this living world season bring more new zones beside expanding Dry top?

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    when will be precursor crafting be introduced
  • krypteriakrypteria Member Posts: 3
    how can i test game before buy it ?
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by krypteria
    how can i test game before buy it ?

There are trial weekends every now and then. Also, I think there may a permanent trial offer in the works. (It was datamined not long ago)

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Here is a question they will no doubt avoid: There is a game mode called WvW, did you forget about it? Over a year of no updates, no clear development direction, and no developer forum posts seem to be decent indicators of the game mode more likely being shut down rather than expanded upon.

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    Here is a question they will no doubt avoid: There is a game mode called WvW, did you forget about it? Over a year of no updates, no clear development direction, and no developer forum posts seem to be decent indicators of the game mode more likely being shut down rather than expanded upon.

They have made changes they introduced Edge of the Mists and have added seasonal server matches with really nice weapon skin rewards. The devs haven't forgotten abt it. Maybe you should think before you post a question

• moravamorava Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Can we get another roadmap article about what to expect in time to come?
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by akuma696
    Originally posted by raapnaap

They have made changes they introduced Edge of the Mists and have added seasonal server matches with really nice weapon skin rewards. The devs haven't forgotten abt it. Maybe you should think before you post a question

EotM is not considered a WvW map as it does not behave as one and features a different ruleset. Seasons are not content, the only 'new' thing they offered was a different weapon skin, the rest of the game is unchanged during seasons.

I believe to be better informed on the matter than you appear to be. If in doubt, I recommend you having this conversation with your local WvW community and hear their responses.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Will ANET expand each classes arsenal? Necromancers, Engineers and Mesmers really need more weapons compared to most classes.... Their utility minions are not enough to justify the lack of weapon variety in their arsenal

• Zalman11Zalman11 Member Posts: 1

SPOILER WARNING!!!%%%

Is Rytlock the first charr to ever "venture" into the Mists? Will we know what did he encounter in there?

Sorry but I had to ask.

• PsynchronyPsynchrony Member Posts: 5

*minor spoilers*

One of my favorite parts of this update was controlling Scruffy as a way to help Taimi complete her device. This method of story progression felt more compelling and engaging than simply going around and fetching the items myself. Who designed this piece of content, and what were the challenges/nuances (e.g. game engine limitations) in implementing this 'follower' gameplay?