Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs with group focus and/or group endgame?

kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this messy post, I really need your help please!

I've been playing around with a lot of different games lately but can't seem to find something that sticks for the moment- so far everything I try is solo casual. I would really like a game with more of a focus on group content whether during leveling or endgame, either is fine. I also don't want to commit/pay only to find out there is no endgame or no grouping or no one even plays.

• F2P, B2P, Sub, anything goes. 
  • Trinity or something similar. 
  • PvE / PvP or both, does not matter.
  • Fantasy preferred but NOT required, anything is fine.
  • Some classes I generally like are healers, pet classes, shapeshifters, or something with interesting mechanics. I just mean it goes beyond casting a fireball spell over and over if you get what I'm saying.

Suggest anything, I'm not going to judge anyone over their opinions. Whatever you think fits some of what I'm looking for and providing some info on it would be great! If it's helpful to know I can tell you what I've tried out or played.

Comments

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

This gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same. There are no group focused games anymore. You'll have to go back in time and play FFXI or Project 1999. The way of depending on others is gone and with the exploding failure that was the attempt of Pantheon I don't see this changing anytime soon.

My advice is to do anything but play MMORPG's atm until the genre recovers from the decade of WoW dominating the market.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Achaea is getting a PvE overhaul so grouping will be more important. They also recently put in relics that drop off boss-level mobs, which are like temporary artefacts of power.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Ergload
    Achaea is getting a PvE overhaul so grouping will be more important. They also recently put in relics that drop off boss-level mobs, which are like temporary artefacts of power.

Edit: Read that as Arch Age. Woops. If only AA was PvE focused...