Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to skip the quests (sandpark element)?

Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122

Hello there,

i just registered here for the CB2. But dont worry, im lurking here for a long time. I played AA till lv. 18 on the russian server. Basicly i would like to skip the questhubs, since i despise themepark mmo design. I would like to craft and gain xp through killing mobs. I know this is hard, since AA has themed zones (1-15) etc. But is it somehow possible to skip these quests? In the russian version i couldnt craft at all. at 18 i got my first mats to craft like the first 2 hander. maybe i did something wrong, was partialy in russian despite the english patch.

could somebody recommend me a path for this? for example where to you get the moon and star dust for crafting? in RU version you got it by salvaging green+ items. problem is around 18 you got to the first green tier at earliest. before that i never had that gear.

thx, 

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    to be fair AA is a sandpark or themebox whatever the term is, questing is required unless you want a very very very slow and boring gameplay experience.
  • Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Originally posted by mbrodie
    to be fair AA is a sandpark or themebox whatever the term is, questing is required unless you want a very very very slow and boring gameplay experience.

oh damn it :) well ok. do you have to quest till lv 30? because the main quests go till that level. am i free after 30 till 55 at release?

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Zarkin86

oh damn it :) well ok. do you have to quest till lv 30? because the main quests go till that level. am i free after 30 till 55 at release?

i mean i leveled 2 x toons to cap on russian servers and i quested... the second toon was a lot harder because there was many capped players griefing in the 30+ zones.... you can do it however you want, but it's a lot quicker to follow the quests

• laz3rNach0zlaz3rNach0z Member Posts: 59
    here the deal bro u gonna have to be in those areas anyway cause the mobs that are ur lvl are in the same areas as quest hubs also most of the quests are to kill the mobs so either u can kill 100 of a mob and not quest or take a quest and kill 5 then get 20x the xp and move on
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Only quest chain I plan on following is the mail line for the gilda stars, the first 4 trading quests on at least one toon for the large scarecrow and on my alts what ever crafting quest chains that interest me. Quests are one way to level, but then farming, crafting, trading, PvP, PvE all give a good amount of exp. I have a level 35 on Alpha server which has not done a single quest since he was level 10.

Play how you want, if something isn't fun then don't do  it..pretty simple really

I miss DAoC

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110
    It all maters on how fast you want to lv. I lved to 50 only clearing the first 2 zones and on for the 30s zones. If  you don't mind leving slow you can lv purely on labor usage. My normal day was find random things to use labor on and run trade packs. Also did some random pvp and what ever else the guild was doing.

Something Awful this way comes.

Originally posted by laz3rNach0z
    here the deal bro u gonna have to be in those areas anyway cause the mobs that are ur lvl are in the same areas as quest hubs also most of the quests are to kill the mobs so either u can kill 100 of a mob and not quest or take a quest and kill 5 then get 20x the xp and move on

Not quite . I  checked usin a quest on my lvl 20 . quest was kill 5 banshees. Each lvl 24 banhsee gave me 227 credits the quest 2080 exp. So Iwould need to kill 9 extra banshees to get the 2080 quest exp

I miss DAoC

• Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    See guys, thats the problem. I dont know how to craft from lv 1 on. i never had the mats to craft. i got green gear for salvaging at 18~ earliest, so i had to do them. also i dont know how you run low level trade runs at all. can somebody explain me in detail how i could level through crafting, gathering and killing mobs from lv 1 on? also you have to quest a bit honestly to get your mount etc.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Zarkin86
    See guys, thats the problem. I dont know how to craft from lv 1 on. i never had the mats to craft. i got green gear for salvaging at 18~ earliest, so i had to do them. also i dont know how you run low level trade runs at all. can somebody explain me in detail how i could level through crafting, gathering and killing mobs from lv 1 on? also you have to quest a bit honestly to get your mount etc.

I think the ONLY thing you can craft at low level is fish hooks.

its pretty silly actually

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

If you can't play without quest grinding, you can't call this sand ANYTHING.

Welp, this one is officially off the list. I'm tired of doing chores in a GAME.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

If you can't play without quest grinding, you can't call this sand ANYTHING.

Welp, this one is officially off the list. I'm tired of doing chores in a GAME.

I agree, I despise chores.  The big problem is that very few games offer this feature list.  I will be able to bite the bullet for 15 - 30 levels to get to most of the features.  I just don't like it when they advertise the chores as the main selling point of the game.  

I don't think us sandbox type fans should be crossing anything off our list as there are like three games (including AA) that offer any freedom.

Edit:  I like grinding, I don't like being told where to go and what I have to do.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Meh, other Sandbox games come with their own kinds of chores, they just aren't quests.

I quit Darkfall because I didn't feel like spending weeks casting spells on mobs just to level them up.

Besides, I hear it can take 4 days to level to max.  No big deal.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Its a MMO. All MMOs have "chores".  Quest, dailies, mat grinds, dungeons, raids, whatevers.

Nature of the beast. Maybe MMOs arent for you guys.

• FingzFingz Member UncommonPosts: 139

Minecraft doesn't have quests.  You're dropped into the middle of a wilderness with nothing and your immediate goals are to feed yourself and find shelter.  You can dig a hole in the ground and hide in it for shelter, or you can build a log cabin.  Or you can build a castle.

Over 10 million North American players.  It's not an MMO, but someone out there is probably building a Minecraft MMO.

Originally posted by Daxamar

Its a MMO. All MMOs have "chores".  Quest, dailies, mat grinds, dungeons, raids, whatevers.

Nature of the beast. Maybe MMOs arent for you guys.

What I enjoy about AA is being able to pick and choose what to grind. What has me hooked here is the wide variety of things to do. Been playing three months and still never did the storyline past S Arden while trying several different opening gambits. 

Bottom line is if you expect this game to play anything like any game released since 2004 you will be upset. No one way to win this one, no big daddy of all big daddy raid boss at the end of the monty haul dungeon here.

I miss DAoC

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Meh, other Sandbox games come with their own kinds of chores, they just aren't quests.

I quit Darkfall because I didn't feel like spending weeks casting spells on mobs just to level them up.

Besides, I hear it can take 4 days to level to max.  No big deal.

If it's no big deal, I'd rather they not put me through a pointless quest grind then.

And yes, Darkfall's grind was very bad, but at least you got to choose where and when to use and level up your skills.

(Thankfully DFUnholy Wars got rid of the grind)