Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats some good open world RvR faction pvp MMOs out there?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Whats some good open world RvR faction PvP MMOs out there?

Some that come to mind:

GW2

Champions of Regnum

whats some others you suggest?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

ESO

DAoC

Those are the only other 2 I know of off the top of my head with the RvR PvP system. Both DAoC and ESO are better games than the two you mentioned on the PvP side in my opinion, but that's going to vary from person to person.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Well.. as you mentioned good. That would be DAoC. And more or less DAoC alone. (can't say enough about ESO.. so maybe you can add that, too)

As for not good and not 3 factions.

You could add Aion, World of Warcraft(yeah they got that too.. and yeah it sucked), and a lot of other not so good pvp games.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Since you are asking for pvp mmo, and not mmorpg....

PlanetSide 2

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Are there any f2P or B2P RvR games, or RvR games with decent trial to test the waters with before subing?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Are there any f2P or B2P RvR games, or RvR games with decent trial to test the waters with before subing?

Planetside 2 if you don't mind FPS gameplay.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

Planetside1/2 is more of an FPS.

Other RvR open PvP fantasy mmos closer to GW2/Regnum's genre are the following:

12 Sky 2

9 Dragons

DAOC (Try the freeshard if u like)

Asherons Call (pay $10 once, play forever, besides Regnum i recommend this one)

RF Online

Conquer Online

Shadowbane Emu

I would skip ESO. It is bound to still have huge pvp imbalances for some years.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

ESO or Planetside 2.

aand GW2 does not have factions image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KamayorKamayor Member Posts: 52
    GW2. I know it's instanced, but the instance is so big you won't notice it isn't open world. It's flat out the best RvR PvP experience right now. Though I'd keep an eye out for Camelot Unchained though.
  • bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Not exactly open world but maybe the secret world would fit your wants... huge pop instanced area with illuminati vs Templar vs the Chinese type faction... plus it's b2p
  • bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Pop was supposed to be open.... damn fat fingers and phone auto correct feature