Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help finding game please :)

TechnoZombieTechnoZombie Member Posts: 5

Hey Guys, I've come to you today with a problem that people probably talk about on here everyday. That problem is immersion, and it's hard to find :/. Well anyways, i'm looking for a game and id appreciate any help given.

I'm looking for a game with:

-Immersive cities and towns if possible

-A game where the community is active would be great too

-I would like a game where it is open world, a huge one would be even a bigger bonus

-Thought about going back to the old Ragnarok days, where people could set up their own shops, something like that would be awesome

-A game where progression isn't the main focus of the game would be great too

-A game where i can kind of go to just have fun with people and maybe fight and kill some stuff on the way would be sweet 

-Player housing, and crafting skills would be great as well 

Well i guess, to be honest what i'm looking for sounds cheesy, but it would be a world to escape to. Something that feels more like a world then a game. 

I'm not too crazy about building stuff or anything like that though, at least in the aspect of Minecraft, or like Wurm online. So please nothing like that. 

Well i know i'm being picky and asking a lot. But any help would be great ^_^. I'm just a fellow gamer looking for a game to be immersed in. 

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Lord of the Rings Online

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I hear people saying SWTOR has alot of the things you listed. Personally, I do not know but I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. Rift is pretty good mainly because of the f2p model and the class system. You can earn everything in their cash through game if you put in enough time; however, content progression pretty much revolves around what you want to do and the guild your in if you want one more endgame focused. The class system is good because you can play various roles within on class by having multiple specializations. FFXIV is stable atm, providing you with most of the things you might want. Personal room customization if you join a free company (guild) and also has class flexability, allowing you change to any class in game when you want outside of combat or dungeons (I think you still can't, haven't played in bit). Archeage beta is coming out on the 30, still keys on this site I believe or you can try alienware, they had 10k keys earlier today. It has alot to do and you can see if its the game for you before its fully released later in the year. There's wildstar keys as well too to test it. So you have quite a few options for the options you listed. Hope you find something that fits well.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    I hear people saying SWTOR has alot of the things you listed. Personally, I do not know but I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. 

For the most part it does. I think it bears mentioning that SWTOR's housing system isn't live yet (though you can play it on the server before it goes live in mid August).

Of course there's nothing wrong with starting now for all of the other reasons. And it gives you a chance to get to know the game and to gather some resources for when the housing goes live. image

Guild Wars 2 would also be a good choice, especially when it comes to immersive environments (cities and world). Though it doesn't have housing as far as I know.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• mdrilon222mdrilon222 Member Posts: 11
    can't beat the housing and crafting system in Wildstar bro, give it a shot, I have and I've no regrets thus far. :)
  • harihayabusaharihayabusa Member Posts: 19
    Atlantica Online, 8bit MMO, Heroes and Generals, Hawken, and if you get tired of hardcore mmos, you can try war of the three kingdoms, just search it on facebook. :)