Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like random card combat...

GuniGuni Member Posts: 5

...you can cast your vote here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-net-effect-of-card-combat-on-me-and-how-you-the-player-can-start-a-revolution.13207/

This game is very promising otherwise, lots of cool stuff. Even in this very early Alpha phase it is already fun. But if you don't want skills appear and disappear randomly from your skill bar, the time to give feedback is NOW!

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Guni

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-net-effect-of-card-combat-on-me-and-how-you-the-player-can-start-a-revolution.13207/

This game is very promising otherwise, lots of cool stuff. Even in this very early Alpha phase it is already fun. But if you don't want skills appear and disappear randomly from your skill bar, the time to give feedback is NOW!

I already uninstalled the game cause of the card combat system and i wont vote in your biased poll since both options is positive to card combat.

Where is the third option of removing the card system?

Why should i have to look at a hot bar with spells/skills randomly popping up instead of the combat going on and why should i have to create a deck of cards to use in combat in the first place? Did i all of a sudden forget 75% of my learned skills?

Disqualifying 75% of my learned skills cause i have to create a deck of cards with a few of my learned skills/spells and watch them roll up randomly on my hot bar is a joke of a combat system.

All skills should be on my keyboard fully accessable. Then you get all potential "decks" all the time and you don't have to look at a stupid hot bar all the time and instead focus on your enemies and the combat going on.

This card combat system is only in the game to please the casual PvP player that can't compete with the hard core PvP players. It is easy mode PvP and it won't promote SotA as a PvP game that promote player skills.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    this sounds super lame.  The end result is either you don't hit the right keys and thus do nothing or your not really in control of the combat because random skills show up on your tool bar.  This is a guess based on what I've read so far about it and I have no actual gameplay knowledge.  Based on what I've heard, it sounds super lame.  So unless the devs decide not to make there game suck, it will.  I know etherlords had a card combat system, and I didn't play it so not sure how well it worked for that game.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Guni

I already uninstalled the game cause of the card combat system and i wont vote in your biased poll since both options is positive to card combat.

Where is the third option of removing the card system?

Why should i have to look at a hot bar with spells/skills randomly popping up instead of the combat going on and why should i have to create a deck of cards to use in combat in the first place? Did i all of a sudden forget 75% of my learned skills?

Disqualifying 75% of my learned skills cause i have to create a deck of cards with a few of my learned skills/spells and watch them roll up randomly on my hot bar is a joke of a combat system.

All skills should be on my keyboard fully accessable. Then you get all potential "decks" all the time and you don't have to look at a stupid hot bar all the time and instead focus on your enemies and the combat going on.

This card combat system is only in the game to please the casual PvP player that can't compete with the hard core PvP players. It is easy mode PvP and it won't promote SotA as a PvP game that promote player skills.

If this is true.  Any interest I might get closer to launch will not happen.  I can't even wrap my head around why this is a good idea. image