Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift FPS Limiter

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

I thought I would put this here, because I saw a couple of people on other forums asking about it. In all those response the person got for asking, they told him it was his computer, and that he was stupid. When I asked how to shut the fps in the chat in game, I got told i was retarded, had no idea what i was talking about, and i get what i deserve for trying to put rift not in focus while I am playing. Then I found the problem and told them about how to fix it, and they called me a butt hurt kid. I hope this isnt the majority of the people that play this.

Any ways how you fix this problem, for any one who does not like fps limiters like i dont, while the game is not in focus. You go to rift.cfg which is under appdata/roaming/rift, find this LostFocusMinFrameTime = 1000.000000, your number may be different, and you change that number to 0.

Comments

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    ....I bet you also never shut off your cars engine when you park it for the night ? Those people in chat had a point.
  • kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

You could try these options as well, for extra fps when not focused

PleaseBurnMyGFXCard = On

IncreaseMyPowerBillPercent = 200

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Rift generally runs like shit because it is on the Gamebryo engine.

I have a AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3,4 Ghz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, nvidia geforce 660 TI and running win 7 64bit, and I can't run Rift with more than 20 FPS in general. Pretty bad game.